15 coaches online • Server time: 06:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

no worries whatball. Elven Princes are used to having there way in all things. Buy them some new uniforms -- they will forget all about it.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, you haven't followed the majors then.
That player is the Temple Guard Champion, awarded to the Tournament winner, in this case Malmir's Colourful Characters (Chaos Dwarves). It's definitely not a balanced addition, but it's a one-off given as a reward to one team per year.

Same concept with Sandy Claws, so perfectly balancing him shouldn't be necessary.

-Blader
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for clarifying Blader. Perfect balance is not what I am asking for, just a prize for each team worth taking. Almost all the team prizes are a plus, the HE prize is a negative. They really should get a blitzer, or at the least, a catcher. No biggie though, will just have to win and put Sandy on the LoS as sacrificial fruitcake-fodder. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Three MV 8 HE catchers... scary fast.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

polardragon wrote:
Three MV 8 HE catchers... scary fast.

I need a third Catcher to compliment my other two. They may be good enough for the big leagues one day and get drafted.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i have to agree here, the HE prize is quite lame & needs to be fixed.
blitzer for sure.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
polardragon wrote:
Wait ... so a Chaos Pact team that includes a Mino would get an Ogre Sandy Claws?
so there would be 2 Big Guys on the team?

Yes, and HE's get TV bloat via an additional thrower. The prizes are simply put, ridiculously unbalanced.

And still no word on bribes being in or out. The ability to take two bribes as inducements for an underdog in a game of 7s would greatly skew matches.

I really love 7s and all the work that the league admins have put into this, but I think that this wasn't thought through and needs to be clarified/corrected before the tourney begins.

I openly admit this wasn't thought through. Looking back now, I would make some adjustments - but I'll wait for the next Christmas Classic to do so. People are given very little time to prepare teams, making fundamental changes would screw their efforts. I'd rather upset a few by making an imperfectly balanced tournament (knowing, that many will participate anyway, even if not totally happy with it - probably picking another race), than really frustrating those who prepared themselves under the assumption that things will happen like their were promised.

There will be a revision of this for sure!

Any underdog can pick two bribes. The rules state:
Quote:
4) Inducement limitations: No Star Players, no Wizard, no Halfling Master Chef, only one Extra Team Training.

The question was whether to allow the use of Petty Cash for buying bribes.

I have to admit I made (another?) mistake here. In the original draft of the tournament page I still included both options (no bribes at all/petty cash allowed for bribes). When I made the poll, I had obviously forgotten about the fact, that I alerady included the "no bribes" version into the page that got published.
I'm under a lot of personal stress lately and the Christmas Classic reflects my wish to keep BB7s up and running - something I was worried about a few weeks ago.
Improving the overall management will hopefully lead to more wisely made decisions and procedures! Smile

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you all a merry Christmas (Blood Bowl tournament)!

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2011 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarifications Rabe. As I said, appreciate all the effort you put in.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2011 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

just an update the draft will be on dec 24th at 9:00 bbtime, that is when i will be available to do it before my Christmas festivities. Good luck to all the applicants lets have a good tournament.

we currently have 26 teams would love to get 6 more and have a 32 team tournament
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently have 27 teams with 10 hours to go before the draft, lets get 3-4 more teams peeps
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The draft is approaching . . . Still time to meet Sandy Claws . . .
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt my 4 team woodies have a shot, but they'll be there!

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt my 4 game woodie team will have a shot, but they'll be there!

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that up to 29 teams. Would love to get 3 more for a full tourney
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2011 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

3 more teams . . .

Here comes Sandy Claws, Here come Sandy Claws . . .
 Jump to: