50 coaches online • Server time: 13:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
"Balling" Chaos: What does it mean
All you need is one +AG on a beastman and now you are a baller, you had the guts to not ignore the +AG and go for the "combo:
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
It is code word for: CLPOMB master
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
It is code word for: Good Coach we think, but he only plays CLPOMB now
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
It is code word for: Guilt, we just cant admit to our CLPOMB ways
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
PIE: Iam in the mood for some cherry pie today.
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 56

PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I keep hearing this term and it is driving me insane. I was put over the top last night when I was specing a Box match. Coach A a CLPOMB thug team was decimating his opponeet but he did have a +AG/SH beasty. One of the specs said he admired that chaos team because they were not all about the bash, that he was a good "baller" chaos coach. What? was my response. He is Balling against 4 players. A long beard could "ball" with alacrity and grace when the odds are 4 to 11. I was then dubed a "hater" and dismissed from class.

This title of "Balling" Chaos team IMO is just deflection from the reality that you are a CLPOMB thug and deep down you know the provolone cheese is flowing in gallons.

Now for you coaches who play chaos and get on your high horse that you will not take the dreaded combo because of a high moral standard. Wake up and smell the corpses man, you aint playing chaos with out the "combo" in spades.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 I have heard this nonsensical term coined when spectating one of Jimmyfantastics Nurgle games before just because he has a good ball carrier. I think people mean "look that coach isnt an idiot because they have developed a player that is good at carrying the ball."

tis strange though
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It would mean that all pact teams are dedicated "ballers", just because they have one elf, often developed as a superior ball carrier.

Would be interesting to see real "balling" or maybe even hybrid-style chaos - a little Mighty Blow here and there and some guards of course (every "baller" wants guards!), but the other player more dedicated to handle and protect the ball.

I don't say it makes much sense or would be a recipe for success... but hey, there are coaches out there that actually try to transform dwarves into "ballers"... Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

A nice chaos ball carrier is the icing on a big fat ClawPOMB cake Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

and skellies
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
A nice chaos ball carrier is the icing on a big fat ClawPOMB cake Twisted Evil

I agree.

"Hey man look at that awesome AG5/SH/BH ball carrier, man that guy rocks! Look at him dodge, weave and "punk" those guys out"

in the back ground a dust cloud in the middle of the pitch is in full storm. Body parts flying, CLPOMB at work. It is trully grissly and we are not even on T3 yet

"Hey stop looking at the LOS, stay focused on the grace and agility of that beastman. Ignore the carnage"

AG5 Beasty strides in for the score, ball raised in victory

"Ouch those were some bad KO rolls, but hey on a 50/50 shot and 9 guys in the box they should have gotten atleast 4 more victims back on the pitch. Shame they only got 2"

Ball archs in the air, dust cloud of death and destruction erupts

"Oh man they threw in the towel. Lamers, cant take it like a "man". Must of been they relized they had no shot to stop our AG5 Elite baller from running the scored up on them"

Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

True baller chaos takes no C-POMB. They're probably going to pretty much stink. Wink

I once lost to an 'agile' chaos team. They had plenty of bash in the middle though. It was the long bomb from the AG5 guy to one of the AG4, extra arms, two heads guys in two TZs that clinched it on T16.

Having one decent ball carrier does not make baller chaos.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A chaos team which scores more TDs than CAS...well or at least tries to.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
A chaos team which scores more TDs than CAS...

LOL...that is a good one.

That would be a very hard goal to achieve for a chaos team.

Hey Rabe!! as our resident coach who wants a challenge, what you say...Your baller Chaos team getting formed up with this challenge in mind?

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no opinion. I just like this thread.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I once lost to an 'agile' chaos team. They had plenty of bash in the middle though.

No more euphemism's for Bash Chaos teams like, "Agile Bash".

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I make a baller chaos team if you make elves team where none of them take dodge, pass, sh, nos etc Smile anway chaos is for killing of course BUT its stupid if you make every of your man a killer, cause u can blitz 1 per turn, a competetive chaos team need 1 BC and some guards (beest the cws for guard and 1 beast for fasz guard) 2-4 killer depends on TV 1 dp (I don't like it)
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well having a ag4 bull or something of the like basically removes one of the few disadvantages these teams have. Once a chaos team has a blodge ag4 beastman or warrior, pressure from agile teams is a lot less effective. It is certainly not 'balling' its just making that slow push for a t8 td that bit more harder to stop and even less risk involved. But this is nothing new at all Very Happy
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

gacska wrote:
Ok I make a baller chaos team if you make elves team where none of them take dodge, pass, sh, nos etc Smile

Ok lets take this out to its logical conclusion.

Ok the challenge is on. Basically what you are saying is that the elves and chaos teams for this challenge are restricted to General skills only.

You think that is a fair match?

Post 7 Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a baller chaos team is one with at least a single AG 3 player. Smile
 Jump to: