11 coaches online • Server time: 02:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't understand first... pheraps for my bad English
I'm not interested anymore in the league... There are some teams that I really really really don't like and it will be very frustrating to be forced to use them in play. I don't want to risk to apply to a league and the choose between leaving it (creating problem to the players) or playing without having fun.

Sorry
cowhead

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i'll happily play any team so i'm still in
i like the random factor and so what if you get ogres, vampires, halflings, goblins etc... it might give some people a chance to play teams they wouldn't normally play.
i've never actually used ogres myself but if i was to be drawn as them so be it as someone has to play as them.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

try playing with Ogres and then make your mind up, believe me, they are beyond terrible.

Flings, vamps, gobos hell yeah I would play them too, but seriously Ogres.... they are just terrible. Worst team ever in the history of Bloodbowl i think.
dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion - I appreciate your point. If you getting drawn Ogres is a deal breaker then I suppose the questions is, is it worth the risk? - do you want to take the 1/24 risk that you may get Ogres or the 23/24 chance that you will get a different race?

Leilond - no need to apologise. Thanks anyway.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

what's there on UK time -2?

LRB4 ogres were fun, and somewhat competitive at high TR, after you got rid of the goblins Very Happy. CRP ogres don't even make it to joke team.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in.
would like to know which of the optional ruleset you intend to implement first though.

cheers
Ken
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The optional stunty rule and boost to fouling may make ogres slightly less than impossible to play.
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you only want to pay with teams x,y or z then join a regular league. If you fancy a potential challenge and an opportunity to enhance your coaching skills whilst trying a new team then sign up. No point signing up if you're just going to quit because you got a "bad" team.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm considering joining, but i believe that 8 teams group with 2 rounds will take too long, and i don't really see the point in the double round robin anyway. It's not that we play "home" and "away".

Very long leagues are discouraging for coaches who don't have interesting goals to fight for, and coaches in the third division that see the fight for the championship far far away. And that leads to drop-outs and so. I talk from my own experience as a league manager here.

Regarding the ko cup, the bit about the byes to the "best performing teams" is going to be complicated the way ko tournaments are created in this site. It's feasable, but it's a pain.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Also i'm seeing that double round robin is not a format you can choose while creating tournaments. It can be of course overcome, but again it's a bit annoying.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Zakatan,

thanks for the suggestion. I was toying with the idea of 1 or 2 rounds per season and chose 2 but I will bow to your experience and go with 1 round (ie 7 games per season). I think 1 round will make it more interesting as the play-offs, promotions and relegations will happen every 7 games and make it more interesting.

As far as the cup goes, I'll worry about that once we're up and running!

One more thing; the GMT -2 hours is for all the coaches currently stationed in the Atlantic. I've been lead to believe that the off-shore BB community is going from strength to strength at the moment.... ahem.

Dfunk.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

In regard to setting up a KO tourny Chester posted in another thread how to use the scores to seed that way the top 8 would get. The bye needed to simulate a 32 team KO.

I would be very interested in this league but I have subscribed to at least 6 groups and my wife is "concerned" that I spend too much time on here Very Happy

That said I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Take care Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What she doesn't know won't hurt her Dalfort Smile
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2012 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested too and 7 games per season looks better than 14. btw any chance to extend the timelimit per round to 10 or 14 days?
 Jump to: