12 coaches online • Server time: 05:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2013 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle King! Home of the Nurgle Whooper

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2013 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Season VI has started today!

My predictions for Season VI....

Nurgle King Division 1

Following their crushing (nigh on embarrasing) defeat at the hands of Rot Your World in Hubba Bowl VI, Alderman High Vipers will have a record-breakingly bad season which will see them relegated not just to Division 2 but all the way down to Division 3. The rest of Division 1 is too close to call although I can see Rot Your World winning by a nose/snout/orifice.

Ded Bull Division 2

Viidakon Tähtöset will win by a landslide. Just look at the player pictures if you don't believe me. I mean, that's probably cheating having pictures like that, not that that's a bad thing, but it definitely ain't fair. Wink

Skinka Cola Division 3

With 8 new teams making up Division 3 and a good mix of dash, bash and stunty, this could be anybody's season. The question in my mind is what will happen now that the unstoppable force (Garion) has met the immovable object (his new Ogre team).
Badoek

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2013 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuzzling Necros vs Warriors of Old Domain

The Nuzzling Necros had a rough night. Coach Badoek probably wasn't aware of the opposing players. In his mind those agile, dodging and sidestepping treehuggers were some kind of slow smelly dorfs. At least his playstyle suggested such. After a pretty lousy aimed elven fireball the elves did what they do best and the necromantic were wobbling after them trying to retreive that cursed ball. The zombies fouled at some opportune moments but didn't clear the pitch at all like they should have been. Cute Furry, who only learned to hurt opponents by piling up onto them after blowing them mightily (uhh....), was brutally (yet totally justified) murdered by the first foul playing elf. HUBBA does not take gently to cpombers. Very Happy

TL;DR: 1-2 loss, by my lousy play and Favalessa's solid woodstyling.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2013 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Immaculate Reception vs. Creeping Under Your World

In their preseason match against the Khemri of Roland, the Underworld Creepers already managed to make their mark. At that time, many post-match analists wondered whether this was the case of their coach hiring Glart Smashrip Jr. for that game. Well, after the first match of the season in the Skinka Cola Division, any doubts have been swept from the table.

In what turned out to be an utter (dice- and) bashfest, dominated by both Skaven and Goblins, Creeping Under Your World has jumped towards the no. one position in the division. Woe towards future opponents, considering everything that can happen...

Final result: 4-1 victory for the Underworld with 8-2 in casualties in their favour Embarassed

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Houba HUBBA 2 vs 0 OrcHard

Nuffle decided that one.
The flings went in with the idea of getting in hard, boots first, and to deny rerolls to the orcs (inducements were 2 babes, and a chef).

In fact, the green creeps saw their ball stolen in the first half, and found themselves completely out of position while the wee ones stalled like their lives depended on it.

The second half started with the orcs being outnumbered by the flings (probably a once-off occurence in the league...) and all their rerolls stollen. Studious further application of the boot, and good hard blocks allowed the flings to once again stall for a last-turn score.

Got lucky on that one. May the rest of the season go that way (I doubt it will...)

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2013 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuzzling Necros vs Chellington Samurai 2-0

The Nuzzling Necroes were looking forward to this game. While some serious bash-heavy teams are awaiting them in the first division, the Chellington Samurai seemed like a friendly lot.

"A draw should be doable" said coach Badoek.

Nuzzling opted to kick first. Zoic Restingplace got MNG'ed. Some non-optimal block dice on Nuzzling's turn and then the dinosaurs moved solidly around the intruding Necros and started to hurt them a bit. Luckily regen worked decently to keep some positionals in the game. Nuzzling got outpositioned pretty quickly so easy score for the Samurai. A Flesh Golem nearly killed a superstar Saurus at kickoff but the apo rushed in to save the day.

Second half the Nuzzling got themselves into more trouble. The ball got close to the Samurai's endzone but with three skinks ready to take down the rookie werewolf the game was pretty much over....

Until the Samurai decided to bring out their katana's and rack up their SPPs as if they're all CPOMB'ers. Again regen seemed to be the only thing working for the Necroes and let's say the Nuzzling should be happy with that.

2-0 and that's not even what the game felt like. Can we go back to second division?
maneetti

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2013 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Viidakon Tähtöset vs Infectious_diseases

Low armor teams clashed and ladies stood tall. Skaven did quick touchdown but turned out it was too quick. Amazons got many rats knocked out and even killed the most experienced GR.
Skaven had all they need, a tackle blitzer, Instead of blitzing with that, they instead used rat ogre for that duty.
Ladies scored at the end of half one and half two was a walk in the park to seal 2-1 victory for Amazons.
Ogre blitzing finally paid off second half causing the best amazon killer Emmi Lehtomaa to miss next game despite the apo's lame attempts.

I didn't even tried any admin tricks this time.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2013 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuzzling Necros vs [Un]dead Legends 0-1

Another loss for the Nuzzling Necros! Coach Badoek has been seen and heard leaving the stadium cursing so bad it made the ghouls blush, which is a very hard thing to do. So what went wrong? Well apart from the difference in experience and coaching skill? A few key players getting removed from the game quite early (wight, both dirty players and a killed wolf that this time luckily regenerated) made it a lot harder for the necromantic to keep the undead POMB'ers at bay. With only one foul (turn 16 nonetheless) you can easily understand the trouble the necromantic were in most of the game. Score would have been worse if the undead had been able to handle the ball a bit better.

Araushnar: well played, thanks for you patience and a good game.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2013 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Δ Powers[L]ave Δ vs Decadence Inc 1-1

First non-loss for the Powerslaves this season!

DI received first half, grinding and zigzagging. Finally their Skaven renegade broke loose and went towards the endzone. However, the khemries answer with a risky blitz (dodge + 2gfi) and the 1DB is a pow! DI regain the ball anyway and scores later.

Not really enough turns for the khemris to score quickly so last turns of half 1 is just bashing and then a completion for the blodge-SS Thro-Ra Very Happy

Second half the Powerslaves trying to grind but get surrounded, really well played screening by DI. However, khemri ball carrier finally breaks loose and goes for it last turn, after some chainpushing, he scores for the draw.

Very non-bloody game btw, only one BH. Also first two fouls by the khemris the half 1 ended in bans... (double 1 and double 2).

Next is Viidakon Tähtöset and I have only 1 tackler :S Very Happy

Last edited by Roland on %b %24, %2013 - %10:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2013 - 13:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ours will be an interesting division this year. With Castle Rock quitting and DFunk not managing to make any games yet there really is a good chance of promotion for anyone, even after losing your opening 2 games.

How things are going I'd expect the Zons and the Humans to get the top 2 spots, but 3rd and 4th are up for grabs Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I bet you grab it ;D
I had all my luck last season ^^

btw, does points from walkovers really count for the scores? or will it be corrected later? Jusr think Adrians skaven should be 3rd now...
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2013 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, with a renegade apothecary (you have a niggle? why not choose death?), failed actions (your blodge mighty blow blitzer fails his GFI? SPLUT!), and a -as always- smart opponent, the Creeping Under Your World are cementing their role in the third division as pure and utter destruction... The Underworld Creepers are currently at 2 wins and 2 losses, with 8 against 6 in touchdowns and 25 (!!!) against 11 in casualties. Also, the_Sage and I finished our match in a little under 37 minutes! Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2013 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Viidakon Tähtöset vs Δ Powers[L]ave Δ 1-1

Feels like a victory to us slaves Very Happy

Quick score by the zons, then a fast grind from the khemries. Zons set up good defence with columns but Mr Powerslave dodges past a zon blitzer and scores! (just look at last turn half 1).

Second half the weather changes for the worse... blizzard.
Khemries fail to pickup ball and the zons manage to steal it, but are outnumbered and surrounded. It turns into a centre scrum and nobody manages to score half 2.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2013 - 10:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I bet you grab it ;D
btw, does points from walkovers really count for the scores? or will it be corrected later? Jusr think Adrians skaven should be 3rd now...

The leagues aren't currently working out the determining factors correctly (td difference). This was pointed out in the group PM and will be corrected at the end of the season.

Other than that, the number of walkovers in division 2 makes it a bit hard to follow the table but I think it's correct.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2013 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, 0k so walkover is 3 pts then Smile
 Jump to: