46 coaches online • Server time: 21:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed that people misuse pass block. I admit i do it myself too now, so that i don't give my opponent an edge over me.

according to LRB:

"However, the move may only be made if it allows the
player to move into a position to attempt an interception,
or to put the thrower or catcher in his tackle zone."

The cliant allows your player to move the three squares where ever the coach sees fit, providing he is on a pass block range to the passer or the catcher candidate.

If this isn't corrected somehow (i cannot offer any real suggestions tho), it's a serious option to give mummies pass block so that they may get next to an opposing player, if there isn't any on their tackle zones already.
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

"The cliant allows your player to move the three squares where ever the coach sees fit, providing he is on a pass block range to the passer or the catcher candidate. "
No it doesn´t it allows you to move in such as the rules say but you can stop before you reach the catcher/thrower or gain the possibility to intercept.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

yep. i have to grudgingly agree with that logic. i guess if u follow the description to the letter, u may actually run away from the passing action. it defies logic, but is still legal.

i'm glad i pointed this out tho. i don't think my fellow players back home have noticed that the pass block skill can be interpreted so liberally. as i can already boast with a khemri team whose mummies made 2 interceptions in one game, it is a logical move to arm those dangerous ball - and man - handling monstrosities with pass block wreak havoc among the unaware coaches Smile
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well, there was a subject on this a few days ago, where this was all discussed to death.

here:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2086&highlight=
 Jump to: