60 coaches online • Server time: 21:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 00:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With Kalimar's Fantasy Football client getting closer and closer, FUMBBL will need a new set of default player portraits for every single position in the latest ruleset.

Therefore, I am calling out for the more artistic ones among you to help us out here. The following constraints are set up for these portraits:

- 95x147 pixels. Note that this is slightly smaller than what JavaBBowl uses.
- Consistent background / border.
- Full set of images for all 24 rosters (including Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld).
- Full set of star player portraits (all 56 of them).
- Absolutely no copyrighted images or parts thereof.
- Preferrably no text (race / position) in the image itself.

It's without a doubt a huge load of work. Is there anyone out there willing to do this?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

<Crickets>

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

not willing to do the whole lot, sorry.

but if we can come up with a uniform border or background, we could share that and a big group effort can be made to do all of it, im sure people can even vote for their favourite with multiple entries.

Turn fumbbl into a dozer workforce!!!

Team effort for the win.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Do all the borders have to be the same or can different team have different borders?

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a ton of scantily clad women photos that i was uploading for amazons that got denied...

will that work?
Wink

--j

ImageImage
Prinz

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
i have a ton of scantily clad women photos that i was uploading for amazons that got denied...

will that work?
Wink

--j

Try and upload them either way please!

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2010 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The player portraits should be in the GIF, PNG or JPEG format and may make use of transparency.
There is a background for the portrait in the client that will show through in that case.

There is no need for a "common frame" around each portrait and - as Christer has already stated - there should be no name or text on the picture. The player name and position are displayed.

This is what the player detail display shows on the red side - the player portrait goes on top of that.

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, first off, the caveat. In no way am I trying to infringe on the copyright or intellectual property of any of the great independent fantasy football modelers.

If I am deemed to be infringing on copyright, mods are welcome to delete the link and I will remove the image.

My proposal is to use some of the very good works done by the small FF modelers and include their URLs on the images. I think it gives them free advertising and gives us player images for many of the teams.

I am willing to ask permission of the modelers myself, but thought there are probably far better connected people who know them and could ask.

Here is the class of 2010 so far:
Top row : Evil Dorf, hobgob, mino, bull, warped troll
second row: line frog, line frog, froggie blitzer, catcher, big toad
third row: greenskin lineman, blitzer, blocker, passer, troll
last row: ogre, gobbo, vamp, thrall, vamp hero

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %05, %2010 - %03:%Apr; edited 3 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

will that work?
Wink

--j

Your special talents are needed elsewhere on other forums to keep the kids in a tizzy. Wink
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Those pics are sweet, hope we can use them

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the figs. But if its got to be absolutly no copywrited I have some chaos I drew up for Lone Stars at some point. given time I could start t draw up others.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like some clarification on the "copyright" issue. As far as I am aware, when I paint a mini and take a photo "I" own that photo, not GW, nor Reaper, nor Phigs etc. As such I am allowed to post it, share it, or sell it to my hearts content.

So basically, will fumbbl user painted figures of miniatures be allowed in the gallery regardless of manufacture of the pewter beneath the paint? As you can see from my avatar I am not too shabby a painter, and while I could not provide a full team set I could contribute a few photos towards a team set being put together.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
I would like some clarification on the "copyright" issue. As far as I am aware, when I paint a mini and take a photo "I" own that photo, not GW, nor Reaper, nor Phigs etc. As such I am allowed to post it, share it, or sell it to my hearts content.

So basically, will fumbbl user painted figures of miniatures be allowed in the gallery regardless of manufacture of the pewter beneath the paint? As you can see from my avatar I am not too shabby a painter, and while I could not provide a full team set I could contribute a few photos towards a team set being put together.

GW has its own policies: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=§ion=&pIndex=3&aId=3900002&start=4

If you want to shake the beehive and challenge what they legal policies, feel free. But after the GW issue last year, I don't want to put FUMBBL through more months of discussions, uncertainties and frustration. And I think Christer wants to be on the safe side incase any other companies adopts GW's legal policies, and distance us as much as possible from any copyrighted materials.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
BunnyPuncher wrote:

GW has its own policies: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=§ion=&pIndex=3&aId=3900002&start=4

If you want to shake the beehive and challenge what they legal policies, feel free. But after the GW issue last year, I don't want to put FUMBBL through more months of discussions, uncertainties and frustration. And I think Christer wants to be on the safe side incase any other companies adopts GW's legal policies, and distance us as much as possible from any copyrighted materials.

Their IP about painted figs is a load of crap. It is as stupied as if a clothes company would say that no-one can take a photo of people wearing their clothes.

But I think it is best to avoid using the figs, since it would only give Christer trouble. Better he spends his time having fun, then wasting it on a pointless lawsuit from GW.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2010 - 13:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, let me rephrase the copyright thing. What I meant was that I don't want any copyrighted material without an explicit permission to use the images. GW copyrighted material is off-limits regardless although I suspect they would not respond to questions of if we can use them..

Basically, I don't want to risk another copyright holder coming up to me and asking to remove the images.
 Jump to: