47 coaches online • Server time: 10:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

How does a niggle work now? Does the niggler still have a chance to sit out the game, or does a niggle effect the next injury roll he takes.

I used to fire all niglers automatically. I do not know how it works now so I don't know what I should do with them.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 17:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Keep firing them, it is still awful.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No its just +1 to injury now. They aren't auto fire anymore but yeah it is still usually best to fire them unless it is a key player.

Rule of thumb, if the niggler gets put on the ground a lot, no, else yes.
An example of a niggler I'd keep would be a 52+ spp saurus with blodge and av 9. With st 4, blodge, av 9, the odds are he's not going to go down that much, so the niggle isn't fatal.

Similarly, a ball carrier who is only fielded on offense and never should get hit is probably okay with a niggle.

If I see my opponent has a niggled player, I hunt it and foul it. A niggle takes you back to LRB 4 DP! Very Happy

If you'd keep -av, you can probably keep a niggle.

Last edited by Hitonagashi on Feb 07, 2012 - 17:45; edited 1 time in total
xyon

When a player is knocked down, and if their armor is broken, each niggle adds +1 to injur them, so a player with 2 niggles would be casualty on a 8+ and knocked out on a 6-7.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggle is far worse now than it was...any half decent coach will target these weak links at the earliest opportunity and send them off pitch quicker than you can say +1 to injury....let them go as soon as it is reasonable to do so.....

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, i sack em unless they are essential, and even then i replace them when i have someone else to do the job

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The sooner you fire a niggler, the sooner you can skill up the new replacement player and avoid to waste a MVP on the niggler.
Only in rare cases I would keep a niggler (i.e. a one turner, or a good player in a short private league, for example).
Generally speaking, though, I fire a niggler as soon as I can buy a replacement.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

-av is worse than a niggle however
gpope

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
-av is worse than a niggle however

I dunno, I'd keep a key -av player over a key niggled one as long as they were still AV7 or better. If they get clawed or gangfouled the -av pretty much doesn't matter whereas a niggle will get them sent straight to the casualty box.

(They're both still pretty awful, of course.)
soranos

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess with "tough races" you should fire them, with elfs I keep them normally as cash management is important (unless you already meta-gamed for 1 000 000+) and every game they survive on the LOS is money saved.
If you play in a structured league and they already have skills, I don't see firing as an option either.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2012 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Again asking how official rules work isn't in fumbbl's criteria. If you are playing here, you should have the most current ruleset.

Locked.
 Jump to: