27 coaches online • Server time: 11:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In the CRP rules, you can re-roll a pro attempt with the team re-roll. (So if I fail a dodge, then try to pro the dodge, and roll a 3 to see if I can use pro, then I could use a team re-roll to re-roll the pro attempt, since that dice roll has not been re-rolled. However, if I failed the dodge, rolled the pro and got a 4, allowing me to re-roll the dodge, which I then fail again, I could not use the team to attempt to re-roll the dodge yet again.)

This was not implemented for my squig hopper (who attempted to pro reroll a block, and failed the pro roll, so couldn't reroll the block, but I wasn't given the option of rerolling the pro attempt), but I just want to confirm that I am correct in my understanding of the rules before I make a bug report
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No I'm pretty sure you are incorrect and the client is correct. If you use pro and it fails your re-roll can only be used to re-roll the Pro roll not the dodge or block.

I think I am correct but not 100%
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Um... I think that's what he said.

"(who attempted to pro reroll a block, and failed the pro roll, so couldn't reroll the block, but I wasn't given the option of rerolling the pro attempt)"

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The rulebook clearly says you can re-roll the PRO roll with a team re-roll.
So if for example you fail a gfi and have pro but roll a 3 you can then use a team re-reroll to try the pro again. If you get a 4+ you can then rr the gfi.
So does sound like a bug. Also seems that Garion agrees even though saying you are incorrect.
uuni

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You are both right, Nelphine and Garion, that one should be able to team reroll the Pro skill roll, and if the Pro skill roll succeeded, then be able to reroll the original roll.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right yeah, lol missread it lol Very Happy

I thought you were saying you passed the pro roll then failed the block then wanted to use a re-roll. never mind, I will shut up now Very Happy