36 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VoodooMike

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra wrote:
OT, concessions are weak, this one particularly. Can't take the heat, get out of the box.

Given the title of the thread, I'd say that suggestion isn't really needed.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm much more sympathetic to minmax waa than Claw MB PO waa.

Not really checked if this was such a case, but I can certainly sympahise if it was. TS?
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

so the player drunk was moaning about: "why would anyone face a team whose top player has four times the SPP of your entire team, and you get 50k of inducements. Clearly, that is an utterly broken game. " was a str 4 ag4 blodger

and so lets look at drunk's own team. WHY, WHAT CAN THIS BE???? He also has a str 4 ag4 blodger!!

OH MY GOD BROKEN GAME

This is whining of the most embarrassing and pathetic kind. Play the game and use the tools your tv has paid for (agility?!!??!!?) and see what happens. Conceding on turn 3 with barely a cas is just not acceptable imho. Frankly the admins should be doing some slapping here.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye.

1360 TV for the teams, and you should really be ready to face some. You didn't face a minmax team (CD's with everything on the hobs), you drew a Pact team, who happened to have no clawmbpo. It even had an ogre for chrissakes!

You took a +ag and 2x +st's as your only skills in the Box. TV efficiency is a part of the blackbox...that isn't min maxing, your team was just bad for that TV. That's not his fault.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Min-maxing does suck, but the only way around it is to not play in the box. If you play in the box, you now what you are going to get. Don't whine about it, either suck it up and play or play league/ranked. Whining about the box just makes you look bad.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Drunken_Master wrote:
So, my brand new Wood Elf team, with 4 games under its belt and 35 SPPs worth of talent on the pitch, gets stuck facing a Chaos Pact team with 79 games and 228 SPPs on the pitch.

This is not very useful information. It could be one Legend on the Pact against 5 single skill players on your side who all got AG+ or ST+.

Also ... how many of those 200+ SPP could be fielded?

Quote:
Someone make that case, please: why would anyone face a team whose top player has four times the SPP of your entire team, and you get 50k of inducements. Clearly, that is an utterly broken game.

LRB4 took SPP difference as a measure for team strength, and this was considered as one of the more broken features of it.

Quote:
my team had played 4 games... and I get a 50k inducement for facing a team that's played 79 games.

The amount of games does not matter after a certain point. It would have hardly been a difference if the team had played 50 games. What matters is how lucky they were in avoiding CAS against them in the last match and how lucky they were in avoinding RIPs and SIs in a handfull of matches before that one.
divino77

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

thedevil wrote:
is conceeding 3 turns into a game acceptable?

I can understand that black box has issues but you could have atleast had a go.

In my opinion that match was not that unbalanced and was atleast worth playing to a point where it would have been unwinnable and a concession was warranted.

I only say this because the rules are clear about conceeding and I hope that and admin ticked off on it first.

+1

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

Not really checked if this was such a case, but I can certainly sympahise if it was. TS?

It was min max but no where near the worst i have seen. Also if the OP gives his Wardancers Pro as first and second skill instead of Strip Ball then they are asking for trouble really. The match up wasn't too bad, if one of those Wardancers had strip ball I would put my money on the Wood Elves to win the match up 9 time out of 10.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

It was min max but no where near the worst i have seen. Also if the OP gives his Wardancers Pro as first and second skill instead of Strip Ball then they are asking for trouble really. The match up wasn't too bad, if one of those Wardancers had strip ball I would put my money on the Wood Elves to win the match up 9 time out of 10.

TBH Garion, I wouldn't even call it min-max. He had an ogre, a goblin, a dark elf (who wasn't the carrier!) , a fair few claw/mb scattered, and a +st +ag blodge ball carrier. That's hardly piling on the clawbomb at low tv!

Pact are inherently low TV...and if running 11 men is minmax, there's a heck of a lot of elf teams that are guilty Very Happy
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

naaa it still is, he just isnt great at it. He has consistently fired big guys once they get a few skills, and then bought a new one to keep his TV down. and then there is this -

9 double (6 not used)
7 AG+1 (5 not used)
4 ST+1 (2 used as double)

Still min maxing, but yeah as i said, woodies should win this game if they have 1 strip ball player
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Right o.

Nothing to see here, then. I'd not checked teams, I thought the op was that old school coach with a similar name (who was excellent). Pro Wardancers is... An interesting twist!

Still stand by the minmax stuff, mind. The sky isn't falling in, but I think on reflection, I would back TS in matchmaking somewhere.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Wardancers make me giggle.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

Still stand by the minmax stuff, mind. The sky isn't falling in, but I think on reflection, I would back TS in matchmaking somewhere.

Or match your first n games by games played.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

From Help > Blackbox page :

"A new division of random fair matches where you play what you get. It is a highly competitive division that is not for the faint of heart."

Looks like op is a bit "faint of heart".

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2012 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Potentially. TS and games played would have their own, obvious issues too.

Obviously, they are both stronger methods than CR, and factoring them into the formula may be too faffy to be worth it. Despite the minmax thing, TV still is clearly best and most simple... Most of the time.

Obviously, choosing the game yourself knocks off any issues of this nature. Wink
 Jump to: