58 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Chingis wrote:
You do not have to be down to 2 players to concede. That is the level where you suffer no penalties (51+ SPP players leaving) for conceding, although I don't believe that is coded into Fumbbl yet, so actually it makes no difference on this site!

Is that right? No 51+SPP players leaving if you conceed when down to 2 or less players? News to me!

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2012 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is correct but not implemented in the client.

Can't for the life of me remember where though and I'm far too lazy to look for it.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's in the rules, actually. But indeed, the 2 players rule is not yet implemented on the site.

Code:

A coach that concedes (see page 15) before setting up for a
kick-off where he could only field 2 or less players suffers no
additional penalties. If one coach concedes the match for any
other reason then the winner gains all of the loser’s winnings and
MVP from this match. In addition, the loser automatically loses
one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players
in the loser’s team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the
team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51
or more SPPs to see if they leave.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2012 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Hypothetical question. An 11 player frog team with a ST4 blitzer takes 5 cas by turn 3 when playing a clawpomb team. This is clearly an opportunity for the chaos team to accumulate a large amount of SPP via cas and TD's, should the cas continue to mount. Is it understandable if the slain coach concedes here? He's looking at 13 turns of beat downs and the real possibility of losing the st4 player that he enjoys playing with. But by conceding, he robs the chaos coach of the opportunity of getting the player of his choice two or more td's, plus the SPP generated from the cas that might follow until the concession becomes "legal" ( only 2 frogs can take the pitch?)

I've been on both sides of a story like this.. I'd like to know how both admin and non admin feel about a concession here. I've never conceded, so I'm curious as to what happens. Do admin follow up on every illegal concession with a warning or something? Should a player bother to report an illegal concession if he's annoyed?

I'll answer some of this, but not all. I wouldn't ever say 'yes, it's ok to concede with this amount of casualties or no it's not ok' because every game is different. There would be examples of when you had received 10 casualties and your opponent had no players left, this would be illegal to concede.

Generally though if you had received 5 cas and as long as it wasn't T1 or 16, it would be legal. Whether you should concede or not, best look at yourself in the mirror, and see how much of a man is looking back at you.

I don't think you should report any concession because you're 'annoyed'. Report concessions, if you feel they're illegal. All reports are replayed and the admin replaying them will make a decision. If he isn't sure, he'll ask another admin for his opinion.

As for 'are all illegal concessions' followed up. We get a daily report of games that may have something wrong with them. Such things as mismatches, concessions, casualties received, very few blocks made by a team etc etc. I personally follow up around 5 concessions that I think are illegal a week from these reports.

For a first offence, I send a pm only, however the account maybe locked to be spoken to. Second the account will be locked, and the coach will be spoken to and may receive some form of punishment. Third, there would be some form of punishment and so on and so on.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2012 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Locked, nothing new will come, and all has been said.
 Jump to: