10 coaches online • Server time: 05:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2012 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see the pictures yet, but I like the concept. You have to have a badge killing a Clawpomber, though. Crash N' Burn!

And why not one for One-Turn Scorers? The Need for Speed!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
I can't see the pictures yet, but I like the concept. You have to have a badge killing a Clawpomber, though. Crash N' Burn!

And why not one for One-Turn Scorers? The Need for Speed!

great idea!

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2012 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MOAR BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BADGES!

ok, enough badges! If anyone wants to assign these, be my guest Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

if we have any leftover badges, can we get a 'killed AV 10' badge? and possibly 'killed a star' badge, if I didn't miss it?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Half score for a loss it is guys! I like the idea of bagging a massive SPP monster and paying the price for losing the game! I think if us DANGERZONers can't even pull of a draw then it would make Maverick cry....

Harsh for sure, but this is the DANGERZONE!

I think the whole thing is a complete disgrace.

Really you should get nothing if you lose and only half points if you tie.

If you cannot at least stroll over the line to score once they are all dead why should you deserve anything?

Are you doing anything to prevent encouraging a bunch gonadless min/maxers jumping on to this? Like for example a TV1600 limit.

And is tomorrow really the 1st of April?

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Calcium wrote:
Half score for a loss it is guys! I like the idea of bagging a massive SPP monster and paying the price for losing the game! I think if us DANGERZONers can't even pull of a draw then it would make Maverick cry....

Harsh for sure, but this is the DANGERZONE!

I think the whole thing is a complete disgrace.

Really you should get nothing if you lose and only half points if you tie.

If you cannot at least stroll over the line to score once they are all dead why should you deserve anything?

Are you doing anything to prevent encouraging a bunch gonadless min/maxers jumping on to this? Like for example a TV1600 limit.

And is tomorrow really the 1st of April?

Good job you don't make the rules then eh Koadah Smile

This is the DANGERZONE, not the SCOREZONE Wink

And minmaxer's are welcome, even Blader4411 Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yer just a bunch of maniacs! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

This is actually a great question koadah that I think needs to be addressed.

1)There are going to be 2 types of coaches, as I see it, in Dangerzone. You will have a group of coaches who are seriously trying to win this league. Rack up large SPP kills and claim as many badges as possible. And the second group of coaches, like myself, who like the idea of the group and want to participate. But at the same time are not going to take this serious, look at their teams, and are going to play along collecting meager RIPS and have no shot on the scoreboard to win.

2)This idea that Dangerzone is going to promote more brutality. Really? it is allready brutal out there. Especially in the Box.

3)If you are going for big points then you need to play high TV Bash fest in the box. That is were the majority of the 100+ SPP killers are. So in order to win this league you are going to have to hunt in the high TV range of the Box. Min/Max chumps who are fishing around the 1400-1700 TV range might max out their 10 body count quota but they will be such small SPP rewards its not worth it.

4)The league does promote winning and having fun. Just because the league scoring is based on kills does not mean we are not social, want to have fun and I firmly believe the majority of the coaches will not go out of their way to offend other coaches when we are hunting for RIPS. Also if anybody is going to be offended it will probally be the coaches who have legend CLPOMB players and they realize that the Dangerzone coaches are hunting them and want to kill their pixels. I would think the vast majority of coaches who play in the box have no problem with those legend CLPOMB's players being hunted down.

5)Lets not pretend this is some really serious meta group. Balancing out the scoring so every one has an equal chance of victory is not the aim of this league. The goal of this league is to have fun, post some nice juicy kills, get some SPP brownie pts for our kills and hunt down legend players.

If the league is not serious enough for most coaches, fine. If some coaches have problems with the idea that killing pixels is bad, fine. This is the meta group we like playing in and having fun if you dont support what we are doing, fine. I just hope that coaches outside the group have the same type of attitude we do and just move on if you do not wish to participate in our celebration of the RIP.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, any TV limits would severely hamper my Bloodtree Spriggans, since they are a Stunty Leeg team.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

EXAMPLE of how to report scoring

Blood Sea Buccaneers take it to them, but have to settle for the tie

2 RIPS

Eric: +ST/DP sent packing on a nasty blitz 20 PTS
Ibar: A weak fending lino who thought fend was the be all end all of skills 11pts

Total: 31 pts
Tie match
Total Pts: 31

You have to link the match report. Linking the actual kills is nice for the coaches who want to look at the players you kill. Also some fluff in descriptions makes it more fun so attempt some humor.

NOTE on scoring: You only get pts for players that are listed on the match report as DEAD (RIP). No matter how this happens you get points. There will be no going back and searching match replays for phantom kills and some such. If it is not on the match report you get no pts.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

POST YOUR MATCH REPORTS HERE

Or Here

And for those hobgoblins out there...post Here

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun you guys!

Some interesting suggestions for next season:
1) 2 or more RIP's that score in the same game - +10 points per extra RIP (so yes, a game where you killed 5 players, all of which were in your top 10 kills earns you an extra 50 points for awesome).
2) Get someone HTMLy inclined to generate you a table (they are really easy to do), where you record your top 10 kills. Much like ELF does, and it means you can proudly advertise your kills. 10 rows, player link, SPP of the player, doesn't have to be complex.
3) Controversial time: + 20 points for a kill IF you won the game. Shouldn't change it from being all about the killing, and one Legend is still worth far more than the win, but guys, Maverick was a winner! Nobody ever took any satisfaction from second place, winners gonna win! In addition, pansies that win without killing still get 0 points for that game. The flat bonus for a win should still make the league decider on coolest kills, not who can win the most, so killing of mens is very much an option Wink.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps we should get double points for killing a PO? Then we can claim to be "keeping the peace". Like the USA...

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love the +20 points for a kill if you win; as Calcium mentioned Stunty Leegers often have 0 SPP, so my kills mean nought!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

that too sounds good

Jump to: