26 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So is it?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
No
56%
 56%  [ 42 ]
maybpie
28%
 28%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 75

PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with new coaches is that they are new. They might have played TT BB or someother online BB but they are not used to FUMBBL. They will take bad match ups and offer them because they want to play BB. After about 200 games they will look back and say, "oh brother, I cant believe I took those matches" That is called learning the game.

The problem is the group of coaches who activly seek out these coaches to get easy wins. In ranked there is no way to stop this.

The same thing happens in the box also. new coaches make teams that are not built for the box as they start skilling up. Hit the scheduler and for about the first 100 games are getting mauled. But over time they will figure this all out with experience and get better.

Coaches dont like it when the more experienced coaches are getting soft wins against rookies but there is no way around it.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

it's not only rookies. I've offered many times games where i was a clear underdog just to get a fast game. Suprisingly, i get a "no thx" more often than not.

Sometimes i even get the feeling opos don't even bother to look at the teams.

"my chaos vs your woodies" gets an instant "no thx", even though my chaos is a crappy team with only 1 tackle/mb and should be no match for any woodies at this level. Or maybe it's just because woody coaches like some hard stuff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking back at my first 100 games with my Blood Sea Buccaneers. They were my first team on FUMBBL.

Here was a gem of a match report from game #7 for me on FUMBBL. Just makes me laugh now

I did not add up the wins/losses that first 100 games but I beleive it was somewere in the area of 20/10/70 or some such. For me that was called my learning curve for FUMBBL. Of course that first 100 games set my Bucs back in terms of wins/losses that I will never be able to get back to .500 win% with them.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers, I mostly accept games and check out the opposition beforehand but I always accept the first offer, except 1 time so far where I refused a game due to my opponent having 2 clawplombers(I just really don't wanna help those teams get games, win or lose Wink ).

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Raughri

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with you Overham. I generally accept games regardless, even in one instance I challenged a DE team and the other player said how about my Chaos clawfest team which I haven't listed.

I have on occasion turned down a huge TV difference between teams (Chaos 2000K+ love to do this to my Orcs (when they were at the 1600k mark) and when I turn it down they laugh).

The other type of team I turn down are when you see two 2000k+ clawpombers in the gamefinder, I will turn down both teams. Play each other you hypocrits!
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Raughri wrote:
The other type of team I turn down are when you see two 2000k+ clawpombers in the gamefinder, I will turn down both teams. Play each other you hypocrits!

+1 to this. Here here!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I was looking back at my first 100 games with my Blood Sea Buccaneers. They were my first team on FUMBBL.

Here was a gem of a match report from game #7 for me on FUMBBL. Just makes me laugh now

I

lol

Plorg was such fun.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2012 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind accepting games that look very hard to win. An AG5 stripball wardancer when I don't have sure hands will not drive me from a game. However, I do often turn down games that look like, win or lose, I'll have only half a team left. Guess I'm just an elfballer. =)

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll occasionally turn down games when I feel that the other coach is just trying to rack up cas (clawbomb C'dorfs and my DE or something) instead of playing to win. I also tend to prefer basher/basher or baller/baller matches, just for the style of play.

I take losable matches all the time. (and I prove it by losing them!)

I take easily winnable matches regularly, too. (and disprove it by losing them!)

(I haven't seen as many lately, but in the past I've had many a conversation with a new player about cherrypicking and how to avoid being on he 'picked' end of it. I'll still play the match, but I want informed consent on both sides. If playing the game is more important than the ability to win it, I'm ok accepting that choice)
PowerFang

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl is a random game where you can play perfectly and still lose due to the random factor of the game. This is an important fact to understand and accept if you want to play Blood Bowl.

What has this got to do with Cherry Picking? Well i personally dont care how good my opponent is or how good there team is - if the teams are close in TV then i will play whoever. Players die, its something you just need to accept - and they will die doing the stupidest things to i.e. going for a GFI with a team re-roll for a TD - that's Blood Bowl for you.

I'm sure people love to see me queue for games , becuase my win loss is something stupid like 3 wins, 21 losses, so i'm sure i'm cherrypicked all the time - But who cares? theres only 1 way to improve at the game and thats to play people better then you. Eventually, i'll improve to the point of winning games but until then, i'll take my losses in my stride.

Though its hilarious to come back to Fumbbl after the 5/6 year break to see some of the wierd skill choices i made - Time for new management to take the team in a new direction.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

yay

33 game guy is lecturing us

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Can it noob. The guy joined almost a whole year before you. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

..... wow
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

PowerFang wrote:
..... wow

Seniority Dude. Unless he can prove that he has a bigger todger...

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2012 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Its like saying:

You opinion doesnt matter because you are shorter then me. Only people the same height or taller can have valid opinions.

Good luck with that mindset in life though.
 Jump to: