22 coaches online • Server time: 01:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
edencreek

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

first of all I'm quite a newbie to the game itself and fumbbl - so sorry if I mix things up and if this is not the right place to post this. Moreover I'm no native speaking - so sorry for the english too.

A friend of mine and I started BB a couple of weeks ago - both bought the boardgame and a couple of teams. As we are not linvin in the same town, we were looking for a way to play online too. So we found javabowl, fumbbl etc.
What we would like to do is run a very small league (just the 2 of us, with 3 teams each), that we will play mostly online, but also play some offline-games while visiting.
So as far as I understood fumbbl doesn't support this - i.e. you cannot manually update team rosters, which we would need to do after an offline game, can you?
at the moment we are using javabowl and update the team roster with html-editor, but as it seems javabowl is using LRB4 (!?) and we would like to use LRB6 (or as close to LRB6 as possible).

Is there any possibility to combine online and offline-games while using LRB6!???

thanks in advance

best
eden
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think so.

You could do it at http://stuntyleeg.com/ and use the BOTOCS cclient.

Even if you stick to html or pencil & paper you will still be better off using the BOTOCS than javabowl.

Fumbbl now uses the FFB client which requires the FUMBBL server.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I know Christer has plans to support this, but when is the big question... Could be a month, a year, or even longer.
edencreek

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

great, thx for the feedback. much appreciated.
botocs is LRB5/6 ??
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

yep. LRB6. It is missing animosity you have to roll that yourself. I don't remember if anything else is missing.

It looks a lot like javabowl.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2012 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again, is there any proxy that goes along with BOTOCS?
me and my friend are having trouble (and no idea at all) connecting a game in BOTOCS - perhaps we are just doing stupid mistakes while setting of the host/client - it is just giving the IP address to your opponent and then it should connect right!? As you see I have no idea of servers and computers in general...
thanks
eden
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave them jellyfish alone!

Jump to: