45 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

**** APOLOGIES TO 'GOO FOR HIJACKING HIS THREAD!

If you have bought a ticket then you need to send a copy of your roster to the NAF now please!

You can email them on:
nafc.rosters@gmail.com

Thank you! PeteW

So, upon the 19th and 20th of May this year, the NAF will once again run the NAF Championship at Warhammer World, Nottingham, UK.

The NAFC used to be called the Blood Bowl, or the BB Grand Tournament (or GT), one of Table Top Blood Bowl’s four ‘major’ tournaments. It’s from the fluff in the rulebook, so far as I know (I can’t really read, so that may be wrong. I’m dictating this to a small child I employ). You and your 1.05M Blood Bowl team will enter a field of some of Europe’s best and brightest coaches (and SillySod), gaining a skill a game and forgetting injuries in the time honoured progression tournament tradition, battling it out over 6 games for the ultimate prize. Well, I say ultimate, it’s only top of the pops until Gladiators or Robot Wars comes back on the telly. Or – someone commissions my pet project ‘Robot Gladiator Wars’, trust me, it’ll be mint. It’s no longer called the Blood Bowl because GW realised it was better for the NAF to run it (since they’d seen a BB board before in their lives), and they were prissy over the name, or something. That might not be true; I only paraphrase the bits I’ve read off of the internet, but I left out thing bit about GW being responsible for JockMcRowdy. I’m pretty sure that was a lie, and some sort of botched experiment is to blame there. But, anyway, it’s the same tournament.

There are many good reasons whilst you should attend this event. It is romantic and pleasant to attend Warhammer World, the headquarters of our grand masters, Games Workshop (although, for copyright reasons, I should probably point out that FUMBBL is entirely interested in Fantasy Football, not Blood Bowl, and that any reference made that crosses that boundary is the error of an illiterate, and not a reason to serve Christer with a winding up order…). The Bugmans Bar, the gloriously painted minatures, the huge Space Marine guy that you see on the way in. You’re a nerd, you’ll like it. You might even meet Gandalf, or something.

Another good reason is the gravitas of the tournament. It’s probably the biggest (in terms of the volume of coaches) Europe will offer this year (might be stretching it there, but it’ll be in the top three or four), so when you’re stood at the front looking a plonker with the trophy, you really can call yourself King of the Nerds. Bully for you. I’ll make you a tin foil crown.

But, I hear you cry, is there more? Of course there is, my boy. You get to meet such FUMBBL luminaries as PeteW, Hitono… However you spell that, JockMcRowdy, SillySod, KFood, Pigstar, Purpledoodah, Cribbleopplebopplemegaword. All those mens, and more, will be lining up like Brogres to attend. There might even be the odd girl, but I can’t guarantee that.

And there is yet more, it’s all for a low, low price what includes da food. There will be Saturday night entertainment. Jervis Johnson often turns up for a look around. You can bring GW down from the inside by drinking their bar dry and inciting a riot. You can watch me boss table football.

Frankly, I don’t go for any of those reasons. I don’t care about Nerdhammer, any sort of gravitas, GW, food or some mythical building from where the hobby is distributed. I play a load of these tabletop things every year, and I never fail to get the most drunk and have the most fun of my twelve months at the NAFC. I like the bar, it’s nice to see so many FUMBBLers that only crawl out of their bedrooms once a year show up, and it’s generally a pleasant weekend outside. I also seem to end up in Rock City most years, although I blame MrStick for feeding me whatever liquor it was that involved me distributing black sick in PeteW’s house last year and keeping spubbbba awake for the 2nd straight year of embarrassing carnage. The thing about the GT is that it brings us all together. All of us like minded Gents who enjoy this game, but moreover, enjoy a pint and a chat about this game. And I like that, I like a gathering.

This blog / post is especially directed at those of you who were me four to five years ago. I said ‘FUMBBL is great, and all, but playing in real life? Really? What kind of goon will I meet? Will they all be horrific geeks? It seems a big deal, I’ve not got a board or the bits to move around… I’ll forget the rules without the client doing it for me… Yada yada’. I turned up, I loved it, I’ve never looked back. Tabletop is full of great characters, great beer and great weekends (and Joemanji, but forget him). We spend so much of our time having fun that the BB is the last thing we care about whilst we’re away for a weekend. At the end of the day, it’s a load of great guys enjoying themselves, brought together by our super embarrassing hobby. And, to be honest, probably less that 5% of them are horrendous geeks with ‘Made to get Laid’ T-shirts on and facefulls of acne. Some of my best friends are nerds, and they’ve even been introduced to the missus.

Don’t be an idiot, get yourself to Nottingham and I’ll consider letting you touch my face. If you’re worried about not having the bits, I’ve no doubt we can rustle some up to use, people are generally super generous in getting people into the hobby and into the addiction. If you beat me, mind, I’ll have you.

Links:

The NAF: http://www.thenaf.net/index.php

The NAFC thread on TFF: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewforum.php?f=31&sid=816f219684a6a2b22e96ddc2f79e28fb

THE NAFC thread on the NAF site: http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5418

Rules: http://thenaf.net/downloads/NAF_Champ_2012.pdf

Squirrel no, wait, I'm not that one!

Who's with me?!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2012 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirmed so far:

1 | Purplegoo
2 | Roller
3 | Farina
4 | Geggster
5 | Buck's
6 | Lemf
7 | Belafon
8 | Bobbafettsmum
9 | DeeTee
10 | CeeTee
11 | Thadrin
12 | Antipixi
13 | 89er
14 | Drakk
15 | LarsEnvengger
16 | KaduC
17 | Butch
18 | Rodders
19 | be4ch
20 | Mortimer
21 | Beppe
22 | akzaar
23 | Podfrey
24 | Talonbay
25 | Joemanji
26 | kfoged
27 | Tatsujin
28 | driesfield
29 | petew
30 | besters
31 | Richard_Freed
32 | Grumbledook
33 | Blocknroll
34 | OON
35 | NippyLongskar
36 | Canteloup
37 | Glowworm
38 | Barney_the_Lurker
39 | TheLizardKing
40 | Wightlord
41 | peterd
42 | neilpferd
43 | menzogna
44 | Jon_Boyce
45 | Mark_Turner
46 | Sebotouno
47 | Andrew_Laing
48 | Lordillo
49 | Azzroag
50 | Blockitaur
51 | Rookiepro
52 | Shiny_balls
53 | JimTonic
54 | Doubleskulls
55 | Sjapie
56 | Tempest
57 | Zoidberg
58 | Rich
59 | Thommynator
60 | Aggroduisburg
61 | Muttis_Liebling
62 | Rab
63 | Matte83
64 | Fassa
65 | krys_ryca
66 | vmcat
67 | Pete_Delafield
68 | Anna_Delafield
69 | MissSweden
70 | bosley
71 | Enrico
72 | Verrinho
73 | Rolex
74 | Spubbbba
75 | Battlepuppy
76 | Sonofbattlepuppy
77 | Psycho
78 | Andrew_Lane
79 | Don_Vito
80 | Adam_Archer
81 | Russo
82 | mad
83 | Mace_Jedi
84 | Geospencer88
85 | Eski
86 | Rubick
87 | Pippy
88 | Schmee
89 | Deathwing
90 | SSB
91 | StevenMarlow
92 | Hitonagashi
93 | Loki
94 | Ambush3
95 | Hawca
96 | Netsmurf
97 | Chris_Lewis
98 | tommyw
99 | Simon_Rose
100 | vulturesquadron
101 | docneil
102 | Scalpifig
103 | Hipcat
104 | ManticoreRich
105 | Niss
106 | danq
107 | Isaac_Quinton
108 | Matt_Walters
109 | krissjohnson
110 | Andrew_Hopper
111 | hana_666
112 | MrHannah
113 | Dobby
114 | BeardoSlatford
115 | Colin_Hayward
116 | Willy
117 | dani112233
118 | Slinky78
119 | huanquayle
120 | drengi
121 | genersis
122 | Buggrit
123 | Tom_Harland
124 | el_afable
125 | Borja_Gil_Moreno
126 | Blueschild
127 | pcha
128 | David_Hamlin
129 | Rez_Azarpour
130 | David_Baker
131 | Grantbotting
132 | Shaunbotting
133 | mrbrownesquire
134 | omake
135 | Gus_the_Hut
136 | Lurch
137 | Balias
138 | Hobnail
139 | GORGOROTH
140 | Robsoma
141 | beastboy
142 | Tiamo69
143 | Ploppy_McPloppy
PeteW

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you managed to wade through 'Goo's spiel - well done!

If you haven't bought your ticket - do so now!

If you have bought your ticket, then please can you email your roster to:

nafc.rosters@gmail.com

Thank you!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My spiel?! SPIEL?!

Harsh! Wink
Russo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

EIGHTY ONE!!!

You put me at 81....thats two lower than Cribble and thats just plain insulting!

Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Oly1987

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Do as is commanded by phil!
blocknroll

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

33 russo! take that!
lemf

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Devil is 6

Haaaaaarrrrrgghhhh,

Cheers Purp and no mention in the list of luminaries in your spiel Rolling Eyes
Russo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

SHAME SHAME SHAME...I cannot live with this!!

/me considers Purplegoo as a potential Murdoch...err murderer

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Thadrin

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sent in Roster.
Will be representing the WIL down on the bottom tables. Huzzah.
If you've not been you really should. Fun shall be had.
If you're really lucky you'll get to see Lemf do his Thrudd impression again.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maverick and Iceman may be making an appearance.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2012 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Miss Sweden 69 must be a joke right?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 02, 2012 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I will indeed be there! Beer!

Probably be heading down Friday night to Bugmans, if anyone else happens to already be in Nottingham and fancies meeting up there..

Post   Posted: May 02, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thadrin wrote:
If you are there you'll get to see Lemf do his Thrudd impression.

Corrected Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Thadrin

Post   Posted: May 02, 2012 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

blocknroll wrote:
Miss Sweden 69 must be a joke right?

Nope. He's one of the Danish crew...but he's actually Swedish.