82 coaches online • Server time: 20:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slanter

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an Ogre team in the Swedish League with +260TR.
Here is a very good example on how to beat an ogreteam:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=783238

Two dp gobbos make my team rather immune against fouling opponents =)

DonKosak

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSplutticus wrote:
When playing against Ogres, be patient, Ogres have a hard time playing a solid strategy because they can never count on their players to do even the simplest of tasks. Just waiting for boneheads actually really works as a strategy. Against Ogres, the more agile you are, the more patient you should be, which I know to be very, very counter-intuitive but playing against Ogres is a whole new game of bloodbowl and once you get the hang of it, it is one of the easiest rosters to win against. You have the better team, good coaching should almost always lead you to victory against Ogres, problem is that there is a lot of bad coaching against Ogres out there, because players just get way too intimidated by "dem Ogres".

I agree.
My team No Silly Ogres like to pass the ball around trying to make Flog the best ogre thrower in all of Fumbbl, but even when they play the "wall of stupid flesh" game they lose most of the time. They have a hard time earning money for RR not to mention a few gobbos and replacement of the nigglers, so I guess they should be feared in maybe the next century... Wink
I consider myself an average coach and their record is still 5/7/14... Confused
Pau

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

neverdodge wrote:
Lord_Splutticus wrote:
Take a look at the replays of the Crazy Kings matches, they have played against many types of opponents, agile and bashy, high and low TR and they are by far the toughest Ogre team on FUMBBL.

The Crazy Kings always play the wall-of-flesh line-up, so you will see how to break it a lot of times and you will see what doesn't work.

average 4.45 cas / game that just seems wrong to me

I'm betting my right arm those ogres were made when they had G access. if they were then yes. they are obviously broken.
neverdodge

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

slanter wrote:
I have an Ogre team in the Swedish League with +260TR.
Here is a very good example on how to beat an ogreteam:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=783238

Two dp gobbos make my team rather immune against fouling opponents =)

With all the 1d roll being pow and all dodge being 6 most of us can beat them. You can t take a single game as example and say "that s the way to beat them".

By the way the win costed 2 death on good players .
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of trying to block or foul the ogres out of the game is a ridiculous tactic. I cannot believe some of the more experienced coaches here are advocating such a view - that is of course if they are referring to fouling or trying to ko, si, kill more than one ogre. Trying to remove one ogre is ok.

The key point has been mentioned: wait for bonehead rolls.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, thechosenone has spoken........ He's still a twit, but he has spoken. Smile This thread was started quite a long time ago, folks. I, personally have never had trouble with playing against Ogre teams (though I've mostly met them in the mid-100s range). I say, do what makes sense. Hit them when you can, get to the ball before they can, and crowd-push at any opportunity. Don't depend on killing Ogres, but don't be afraid to try. Odds are you will win 1-0 or 2-0, with a bit of luck with them failing the pick ups. Odds are you will have more RR skills then them so winning a re-roll battle is quite likely. If any gobbos are present... make sure you smack them often and hard.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an easy solution to unbreaking these bigguns. They are Big Guys so make them Big Guys. Don't let them use rerolls and bam they are just as useless as every other team of retards aka gobbos and halfys. The whole disadvantage behing Ogres on other teams is based on the fact that they can't use rerolls not just the little negatrait bonehead. If they couldn't use rerolls you could never depend on them for anything and even at higher TR Pro would be the only slight concern but since everyone is gonna take Block as first double you wouldnt see a whole team of Pro Blockers too often. Besides they are supposed to be a bunch of lumbering oafs unlikely to listen to the coach therefore incapabale of using rerolls and as someone pointed out they are supposed to be a fluffy silly team so why not stick with the original fluff. Anyway that's the most obvious solution so write Jervis and tell him what's up!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

the new ogres are not that hard broken ... believe me i play one Razz

the old are ...
but the lack of block makes them a bit different to play against
with any ag 3 team never try to dodge away only block the ogre his choose it works nice beliefe me
and strip ball works well ... but you will never get a strip ball wardancer in a cage ... or at least not a 2 dice strip ball (except he has str 4 or dauntless ... bcs the cage is full of guards and a str 5 carrier so its a 3 dice foe the ogre
no let the ogres score and wait
stall also help... and if he ttm he will fail a lot
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing beats 7 guard Ogre LoS. Very Happy

Pau

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
MixX wrote:
as has been said, try to capitalize on the fact that Ogres need either a gobbo to handle the ball (str. 2) or a low AG Ogre, so outrun them (if you can), and try to get to the ball(holder) before the entire team can protect him/it.

Again, this only really works against low TR ogres. The high TR teams almost always have at least one AG3 ogre, who probably also has sure hands to stop strip ball. Goblins are really there only to foul in this case, and they're unlikely to be short on targets.

so he only needs to roll a 11 and then a double! fantastic! Ogre teams just suck.
Now imagine a wardancer with +ag and a double. what one is better?
dom_rougier

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

They current vault rules for ogres have 0-6 ogres, 0-16 SNOTLINGS (20K, st 1 Av 5) and have the ogres with "loner" (big guy)
oh, and they cost 140k too.

This seems a lot more balanced to me, shame they removed my lovely little goblinses tho Sad
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, that's really balanced... I would rather play against that team, than face Haflings or Goblins! Snotlings have twitchy last I checked, and AV nothing... after the first half, the game is going to be 2-0 score, and 10-1 cas to the guys playing AGAINST the ogres. Why make a team that can do nothing? Six Ogres with Loner cannot do anything when every single snotling has been killed/maimed/destroyed in the first half.

I play an Ogre team in TT (LRB 4.0 - TR 194), and consider myself a decent coach. Trust me, if you play against them the right way, they can do nothing to stop you from scoring, and I'd pitcher my Dark Elf blodger team against an Ogre team any day... free wins for me, and less headache than playing Chaos or even Orc...

Orc = 4 Black Orcs, 4 Blitzers, Dirty Players, Tacklers, Guarders and potentially 9 Guard/Mighty Blowers.

Ogre = 11 Ogres, maybe 2 Block, if very lucky Ogres then maybe 1 Tackle, 1-2 Sure hands.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

dont know if some of you might have seen... but according to the new... still experimental lrb 1.9 rules the number of ogres will be restricted to 6 and all ogres get the looner skill... what means the big guys rule apllies to them....

on the other hand they'll get assist from 20 k snotlings with:
0-16 5 1 3 5 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Side Step, Titchy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Loner isnt the same as Big Guy Wink

Its a 4+ to use a reroll

Snotlings are also 20k!!! so you can get a lot of them and if they die, just buy more!, they are also a lot better at dodging and will give the Ogres easier assists
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
Loner isnt the same as Big Guy Wink

Its a 4+ to use a reroll

right, my fault.... anyway i still think the new rules will make them much more balanced... oh and ogres will cost 140 k ....
fair deal isnt it?
 Jump to: