41 coaches online • Server time: 15:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sir_Marcus

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2014 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The team will need som cash it seems! New blockers means new chances for +AG ;o)

Good luck rebuilding!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2014 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

After suffering -AG trying to outrun my orcs, I thought I'd have seen the last of Bornar "Firehurler" Runeblade. Imagine my surprise when he returned with a vengeance against my dark elves, living up to his nickname by throwing a mighty fireball which SI'd one of my players and KOd two others. This disaster wreaked havoc on the game, and it ended up as my first ever loss to the monsters (in the 7th time I had the privilege of playing them). It seems to me Bornar has finally found his calling.

Gratz Brumbas! Although you're only 8 games ahead of the #2 oldest dwarf, he hasn't played since october, so it looks like that spot is secure. (also, he's niggled and in the box, so really, how much longer could he last?)
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2014 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I use my sponge to heal Rhoda?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2014 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmm... ask Christer! I'd happily accept it! ;-D

@the_Sage:
Good coverage on Bornar's return! It was planned as an issue in the next newsflash, but I guess I can forgo that now. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I, Kam, coach of the Flying Sammiches, GLT Stunty winner, piemeister, first and only fling coach to defeat the Monsters, drunkard exiled to Amazonia, proud loser of the XFL, slann torturer (I have the receipes if you want), norses and cdorfs humiliator, and, above all, best cook of the Moot, challenge the Agility Monsters.

Yaaarrr!

EDIT - I see you've played 197 games, my 400th isn't far... probably in less than a week since I'm still stuck here... Wanna do a double celebration? Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Challenge accepted! It will be our pleasure to even the record! Very Happy

Double celebrations are great... and that's why the Monsters' 200th game has been set for a while now, sorry. ;-(

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft, I guess I'll have to find a worthier opponent for the Sammiches' 400th game, then! Laughing

I would ask Zed, but we already have bigger plans. Hmm... maybe I should ask Arktoris if he wants a revenge after our last zons game. He has one of the few active legendary teams on fumbbl the Sammiches yet have to face...

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 09:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

cough cough !

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You beat me once already (not many fling coaches can say that Razz), and atm I have to say I'm sick and tired of fling vs fling games, but who knows... I still have a dozen of games to play.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2014 - 09:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

my 400 is comming up very soon also Wink

tempt tempt tempt

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimsby are looking forward to the 200 game double header with the Ag Monsters. We should have a date to play set soon and im sure there will be enough time to whip up some excitement so we get a few specs.

Think Christer could give the game a special heading on the games page when its being played?
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably not. Wink

But I am considering and attempt to get it into the FUMBBL news section... just wonder whether before or after the game.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Preparations for anniversary game are running

With the Monsters' 199th game finally played, the course is now set for their anniversary match. The opponent still hasn't been officially revealed, but for weeks now rumor has had it that the team will face Grimsby Town Bloodbowl Team. The humans have been sitting at 199 games for a while now as well.

Aside from that, it's official that the game will take place in Altdorf and is probably due in about one or two weeks. A proper announcement will follow in time.

--- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash --- agility monsters newsflash ---

Agility Monsters face Thracian Heros - a recurring nightmare

8.5 months after their Lustrian Challenge debacle the Monsters faced the Thracian Heros again. Despite the team being determined to pay back its loss, the Slann managed to score last second in the first half. The Monsters quickly equalized in the second half, leaving enough time for a defensive touchdown - but alas, they weren't able to stop the frogs from scoring again. Analysts blame poor positioning play, the staff is investigating.

In addition, rookie blitzer Oham Sternhand got seriously injured when he tried to dodge away from a lineman to help with preventing the score. Apothecary Silverstaff took care of him, but he'll most likely keep a niggling injury and will certainly miss the team's anniversary match.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2014 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

200th Anniversary: Date, time and opponent out in the open!

In a short press statement, coach Rabe has announced this Friday to be the day of the Monsters anniversary match. The game will kick off at 22:00 bbtime in the Altdorf main stadium, so there should be plenty of room for the thousands of fans of both teams.

He also confirmed that it would be indeed a double-anniversary match against the long-standing human Grimsby Town Bloodbowl Team.

Defensive coordinator back for anniversary

Staff member Alion returned last Tuesday, just in time for the Monsters' anniversary. "I wouldn't want to miss that." the defensive coordinator stated. He was on another field study trip, exploring uncommon tactics all over the pitches of the empire and beyond. The stoic High Elf wouldn't reveal more of it than that "It was inspiring."

He did mention his concern about the Monsters offensive play though: "It was never their strength. And Dalandis seems gone... I must say: Probably for the better. Finding a new coach could give the team a real boost. Coach Rabe wants to leave that for after the celebrations, but I'm afraid we will be running out of time - the Grotty Little Tournament will kick off very soon."

Post   Posted: May 09, 2014 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Team Comparison: Agility Monsters vs. Grimsby Town Blood Bowl Team

In a blog special head coach Rabe has featured tonight's contenders. Which team will win its 200th game? Or will it be a tie? Visit the blog, rate and comment - get ready for the showdown!

Jump to: