45 coaches online • Server time: 14:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Force

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, a player must roll a D6 for every NI he has. If one of that rolls is a 1, the player misses the game unless his coach uses his apothecary to get him fit for the game.

I think it would be a more exiting rule if players with Niggling Injuries had to roll before every DRIVE, and if one of the Dice is a 1 then they had to miss that Drive only. (Drive=until a touchdown is scored or the half ends)
If the Apothecary is used the player does not have to roll for NI anymore this game.

What do you think?

DISCLAIMER:
This topic is about the official "Niggling Injury" Rule. Its supposed to be a hypothetical Discussion about what changes to it would be good, bad, fun cool or whatever. If you are not interested in changes to the LRB at all, and think everything is fine as it is and should not be messed with, then please do not participate in this topic.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hasn't this topic been discussed at TBB already? Why spread it out to two forums?
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cause its Force...

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think in this forum almost everybody plays JBB, while on TBB there is a mixture of Tabletop PBEM and JBB players.

Im particulary interested in the views of FUMBBL coaches, because FUMBBL "Open" plays absolutely diffrently from playing tabletop with 5-10 friends. (Teamrating/Strength Difference, Cherrypicking Games, Coaching Skill, Dodging Races).

Offline you basically have to play whoever mate has already completed his homework and whatever team he has;
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have asked ski to implement this so they roll at half time as well, will be added to divx as soon as its done in the client

and it can only be at half time if you do it on every drive then teams that score more are going to have to roll more times than the teams that don't

and yes i know that if they are playing against a low scoring team both teams will have to roll but that also would make niggles way overpowering, i think just rolling again at half time is a happy medium
Force

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

On the otherhand, you could "Knock Out" opposing players by scoring.
So if your opponent has a roster with lots of NI's, or a particularypowerful player with a load of NI's (Enjoyment remember?), it would be clever to end the drive quickly and force the nigglers to roll.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think rerolling nigglings at the half is a grand idea. Although you may lose a player that appeared in the first half it allows for the possibility of all your nigglers to play at least a little. As for each drive, it seems a little far fetched to me. Each half adds a bit of realism to it. Aggravating the injury by playing may cause some players to miss the next half and on the other hand, a half of theorpy on the sidelines may make a niggler good to go for the second.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

*Grumbledook gives tor the right end of the stick.

Actually tor if you fail it at the start you miss the whole match you don't get to come back and roll for the second half. Its just the ones who passed the roll at the start have to roll again at half time to see if the miss the second half.
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire those nigglers!

Oscar Wilde
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think thats the point. Make niggling injuries a bit worse so people will wise up and fire them like they should.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have an opinion one way or another.

However, I DON'T like where it looks like Div-X is going. And that is a secondary set of rules. First ageing, now niggles, what next?

Pretty soon we can call it the "house rules" division where we choose which experimental rules to try out. Not the original vision of Div-X and not a move I like to see.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledooks idea is fine, although i would like it so that if a player takes no part in the first half, he doesn't have to reroll, or niggled trees are goinna be even worse than they are already.
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

omg that's nasty.. please don't =)
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nigglers are so bad under normal circumstances you might as well replace the NI-Result with. Would almost be the same IMHO.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook wrote:
and it can only be at half time if you do it on every drive then teams that score more are going to have to roll more times than the teams that don't

Er - but the drives are shorter so the average time out of the game is the same. There is no distinction.

However half time is better because its one less thing to do at the end of drive (for RL games this is an issue).

IIRC Galak's proposal was that a failed roll at the start of the match meant you miss the whole game - not just the 1st half.

Jump to: