58 coaches online • Server time: 23:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Also remember that in DivX it's significantly harder to pick up a niggle with aging gone. Think of it as just a part of the package that's been picked to try in Division X, but it hasn't been implemented in the client yet.

The idea is to encourage player turnover to stem team growth (making niggles worse rewards you for replacing older, beat up players with fresh new ones and yet doesn't force you to do anything). Having players come back into the game from niggles (after either drives or halves) negates any penalties, as they'll play in 5/6 of every game (on average) instead of playing fully in 5 out of 6 games (ie: the exact same effect).

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mully this would have all been implemented at the same time but I am waiting on skijunkie to implement these which is why they aren't in there yet

all the rules together are part of one package thats meant to be replacing aging, encouraging player turnover and put a curb on team growth as well

everything thats being implemented has been talked through with a BBRC member, this is not just a load of house rules, fumbbl just isn't heading that way so put your toys back in your pram pelase

the reason different rules are being added is because it takes more than just the one of them to achieve the desired goal, if there was a magic one rule that did it all then that would be used instead

the new rules are just to achieve what was outlined above anything extra will only be a result of officially experimental rules

All changes in DX will go through me anyway and I am a rules purist at heart there is no way in the world its going to become full of silly house rules while I am still in charge
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure that the niggle thing is a part of the whole ruleset that is being implemented. At least it was a part of what i saw talked about on talk blood bowl. So this isn't just piling in more random crap it's just the client catching up with the intended rules change.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook came in while i was typing. So looks like i was right. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumble - OK glad to hear that. Makes more sense now. Thanks for the quick response.

One last question :
Quote:

put your toys back in your pram pelase

What the hell kind of English saying is that?? We don't even have prams in the US of A.

And should we consider you our "unofficial" link to the BBRC?

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed you can, all feedback would be appreciated, note that means feedback with examples not opinions (unless they are backed up by actual team examples)
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What I would like to see, is that niggles don't make you miss the game. If a players is suffering from a niggle, they can play normally, but suffer a stat loss for the game. This roll would be made once per player, the number of niggles he has would determine the severity of his stat loss.

1 niggle = -AV for the game

2 niggle = -2AV, -MA for the game

3 Niggle = -2AV, -MA, -AG, -ST

4 Niggle or more = same as three, but now you get +1 to all injury rolls against you.

In this way, one niggle ain't so bad, but multi niggles really hurt. But it is still an option to let the man play. He's a pro Athlete, he wants to play, let him.

Another thing I would like to see, is being able to heal from niggles or have them get worse. Lets say you roll a one, you suffer your niggle. But if you roll a 6 you roll again. a 1-3 picks up new niggle, 4-6 takes one away. We haven't statistically changed the mean, but the deviation changes and now it is more likely to grow a superstar, but still very hard to grow a whole team of them
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodrunners wrote:
...In this way, one niggle ain't so bad, but multi niggles really hurt. But it is still an option to let the man play. He's a pro Athlete, he wants to play, let him.

Another thing I would like to see, is being able to heal from niggles. Lets say on a roll of one, you suffer the niggle. On a roll of 6 you roll again, and get a 6 to make your niggle disapeer for ever.

Grumbledook wrote:
...all the rules together are part of one package thats meant to be replacing aging, encouraging player turnover and put a curb on team growth as well...

<song class="Sesame Street">"One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong."</song>

{ edit: thanks, Mully. I was worried I was dating myself. Now I know you're old, too Razz }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %09, %2004 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ROTFLMAO

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just like to say i've played 40 plus games in div-x since the rules have been changed and i like it. Props to all involved in giving us the oportunity to test out this new rules set and i can't wait until the niggling injuries are updated. Not that it will bother me any because i have always fired my niggling injuries but i like the sound of the rule. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

making niggles worst makes life that much harder for the experienced teams without apothecary access- and IMHO these teams have it pretty rough to start with.

or in other words, I'm not in favor of the change,

<edit> not that I honestly think my opinion matters, but this is what a forum is for, right? <edit>

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I think some people missed the point of these changes. I know not everyone here reads TBB so I will try and summarize.

The Game creator, and the BBRC want there to be an artificial "cap" of TR. The Cap isn't a solid line, but it is basically an area that once the teams get there they hover close to it. As a matter of fact there is even disagreement on where this "Cap" should be.

Aging (combined with the earnings table) was the first solution. It kinda worked, But didn't really accomplish all the goals it set out to do, and was very unpopular.

This new system that Grumble brought it is just for testing. Fumbbl is the fastest way to get the kind of numbers needed to determine whether something worked. But, this isn't just determing whether or not it works, at this point they are also trying to determine where this new system will cap out at. So whether or not you agree with the cap, the negative winnings, or what not, you should play games in Div X. Prove it. Show the numbers suck. (Think, if more poeple played against Khemri teams when it was in DivX maybe we could have proved then, that they were totally broken.)

Asperon Thorn
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

For the last time, KHEMRI ARE NOT BROKEN. Sorry, but it's just a fact. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

These rules are totally fluff.......

I run a league in Real and we cut off ageing. We want superstars team not a bunch of 1 game old aged losers.

In a league here a FG of mine aged AFTER 2 GAMES! Totally nonsense.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Franz wrote:
These rules are totally fluff.......

I run a league in Real and we cut off ageing. We want superstars team not a bunch of 1 game old aged losers.

In a league here a FG of mine aged AFTER 2 GAMES! Totally nonsense.

Soooo... You have a league and run it the way you prefer to with your own set of house rules to attempt to advance any concepts you may wish to promote.

What a fantastic idea. Why hasn't anyone ever brought up this suggestion before? I wonder if there's anything we could learn from this fine example...

Perhaps we could even let the person who has been given responsibility for DivX institute his own changes to advance any concepts that he may wish to promote.

( Sorry. Mod away, Grum. Delete me into oblivion. It was worth it. Smile )

Jump to: