50 coaches online • Server time: 23:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pubstar

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kitty's Amazin' Rays are out after a spirited match against Hitonagashi's Lanterns. I, um... wrote a thousand word match report.

And now I feel silly.

So please, somebody read it Wink

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3277118

GronxWild

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No luck at all for the Hauntedpark Underdogs, they're out Sad
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You name a team the Underdogs...you gotta figure they're gonna get their butts handed to them.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What! No one predicting the awesome tv 2400 humans as the champion of slaanesh winners .. Very Happy We did just advance to the 2nd round Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pubstar wrote:
DJ Kitty's Amazin' Rays are out after a spirited match against Hitonagashi's Lanterns. I, um... wrote a thousand word match report.

And now I feel silly.

Love it Very Happy. Great writeup...I believe I commented near the end about how many bloodlusts you were rerolling, but it could have all been very different if you had won the OT toss. As you showed in the first half, even with diving tackle, stopping a vamp drive isn't super easy!

To be honest, one thing that surprised me was the bench and how effective it was. Most Vamp teams I play against usually have a 11-13 man squad, and then it's just a grind and bash game, waiting for them to kill themselves or run out of thralls. With 16 players, it meant I had to play more aggressively, and while I had an on-pitch advantage, when you got the vamp turnover (won't call it lucky, the 3+ 3+ 3+ etc ball pops are what vamps do best), you were straight back up in players again ready for OT.
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

WoC III: Favoured Of Khorne

U Keel Em I Cheer 1 - 0 Putrid Greenskins

One Orc team down, one Underworld through.
Hanging on by the skin of our teeth were able to stop the Orcs dragging us into OT. Not being able to down obstructing Gobbo's and some casualties made it hard for orcs to play their caging game. The nail in the coffin was a failed dodge with RR in T16.

Lets see what marvels the Wheel of Chaos will bring next round. Very Happy

edit; okay so it says prediction thread not report thread. After reading pubstars Report (Replay took less time) which was great by the way, this should not be that out of place here. Smile
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so far my predictions are 2 for 5, but nothing above 2 to 1 odds against has been played yet, so no payouts... yet.

Niebling wrote:
Quote:
Armoured Amazons, Amazon, 1910k vs. Harsch, Nurgle, 2190k
1.24 to 1 against Harsch

I like those odds, where do I place my bet! Wink

Go ahead and lay down the money at Enigma's betting stall (right between the Bloodweiser (TM) Beer Pong stand and the Picture-with-the-Stars Photobooth)

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 07:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
pubstar wrote:

And now I feel silly.

Love it Very Happy. Great writeup...I believe I commented near the end about how many bloodlusts you were rerolling, but it could have all been very different if you had won the OT toss. As you showed in the first half, even with diving tackle, stopping a vamp drive isn't super easy!

To be honest, one thing that surprised me was the bench and how effective it was. Most Vamp teams I play against usually have a 11-13 man squad, and then it's just a grind and bash game, waiting for them to kill themselves or run out of thralls. With 16 players, it meant I had to play more aggressively, and while I had an on-pitch advantage, when you got the vamp turnover (won't call it lucky, the 3+ 3+ 3+ etc ball pops are what vamps do best), you were straight back up in players again ready for OT.

Although Pubstar played admirably, he was still honorably eliminated. So I'll be playing the rest of the tournament in his honor! And for the honor of Team Cool-Star! Cool
Team Cool-Star ALL THE WAY!

Last edited by Ginocoolowski on %b %06, %2012 - %08:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way guys, a couple of things;

First off, maysrill you just lost one of your wagers, turns out my 8 to 1 odds on Khan-ri's vs. Cheese'n'roll were right. Still plenty of others to win on though, perhaps even the ridiculous (and unexplainable) 35 to 1 odds against pile up!

Second, if you haven't already seen it, I was looking through the replays and stumbled across quite an entertaining match:

Survival in the Box vs. Dancing with the wulves

Considering the atrocious luck that Wulves had throughout the first half and beginning of the second, it's amazing they managed to pull back and win it in overtime, but... well just watch the replay.

EDIT: Except I'm wrong, they didn't win it in overtime, but nice almost-comeback anyway.

DOUBLEEDIT: Except now I just finished the replay and holy crap those woodies had no right to win that at all...

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Clawpomb (and rookie hob) proved to efficient at removing orcs in this one.
Was a fun one though! =)
Matchreports here:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3277697

SL
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Was a fun one though! =)
Matchreports here:

Maysrill called getting 5/2/2 vs you last night =p
Emeric

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok now that looks cool, many coaches will play halflings in box soon Very Happy

So...

My predictions:

Khorne Qualifiers:
Favoured Of Khorne:Four Spring Dwarf Technique
Champion Of Khorne:Ugly of the Doom

Tzeentch Qualifiers
Favoured Of Tzeentch:In Dark Places
Champion Of Tzeentch:Ura Tool

Nurgle Qualifiers
Favoured Of Nurgle, won't be me even if I'd like to :Revenge of Hammerfists Clan
Champion Of Nurgle:Burn Notice

Slaanesh Qualifiers
Favoured Of Slaanesh:{B} Jigers Death Squad
Champion Of Slaanesh:Principi

My Wager:
Playing Boots'n'Roots for 10 games.

Link to the main post

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
SvenS wrote:
Was a fun one though! =)
Matchreports here:

Maysrill called getting 5/2/2 vs you last night =p

Was that what I called? I knew I was hoping for a lot and got a lot, but I didn't recall nailing the number.

Not much to this game when your team goes on a killing spree. Love to take more credit but a combination of massive casualties and sure footing on the ice did it for me.

(Side question: Is there a race who benefits more from blizzard conditions than CD? 2 surefooted blitzers and no real passing game)
SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it does make bulls sprinting risky though!

Heheh you called it?! Awesome Very Happy

Kind of like the bull kill Wink

SL
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

**(Side question: Is there a race who benefits more from blizzard conditions than CD? 2 surefooted blitzers and no real passing game)**

i would say high ma teams(woodies, skaven, humans, lizards) + slaan cuza leap

..forgot to add lizards 0_o
 Jump to: