38 coaches online • Server time: 20:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which plan do you follow?
Min/Max Inducement Way
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
the "ELF" Way
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
the "Bash" Way
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
the "Big TV" Way
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Old School LRB 4 Way
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
the "Big Boy" Way
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
By the Way, were is the Pie?
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Milfords Team build tactics for CRP tournaments.

These are the 6 main build types for any tournament in CRP. There are variations of all 6 builds but these are the big ones. Every build has had some success in majors/minors. Building for a tournament, these are good overall plans when you are managing your team.

Min/Max inducement way

Keep TV as low as possible and "bank" on big inducement money to carry the day.
Underworld and Chaos Pact

The "Elf" Way

Keep your TV under 2000. 2-3 +Stat monsters with chumps. Roll with the wizard inducement and +Stats
All the elf Teams

The "Bash" Way

Keep your TV under 2000. Roll with the CPOMB combo. 2-3 Monsters with support chumps and keep jaming that Yes button on the PileOn pop up. Just like th "elfs'" you are banking on getting some inducment money to support your basher ways AND deny your opponet from getting a wizard himself.
Nurgle, Chaos, CD, CP

The Big TV Way

Ignore TV, run that thing up to the 2200+ TV range. Roll with 15+ Players, +STAT and all around players. Nice plan for that guy who just cant stomach Min/Max or TV Managment plans. Also good for the coach who like to run with a 16 man squad and 4 DP. Also the coach who hates to get shortmanned defaults to this plan. Also a nice plan for a high TV 13 man "Elf" team. The Big TV CPOMB teams like this because they have some bench players. This does not mean though total disregard to TV. If you can get the job done at 2250 TV no need to inflate any higher than that. In majors this is the default way the majority of teams approach tournament team building.

All teams

The Old School LRB4 Way

Total disregard for TV. Run with the 15-16 man squad. Make the best possible all around team. If TV happens to end up at 2450 TV, no problem. Great for the coach who is out to prove that CRP TV managment plans is for the birds.

Only old school Coaches default to this plan

The Big Boy Way

Man up and bring out your converted 10 Ogre LRB4 Ogre team. Main draw back of this plan is that the vast majority of coaches never bring them out or activate them anymore. They would rather just look at them but never play with them.

Coaches who have converted Ogre teams, so far only a very select coaches man up and bring out the big boys

So which team build idea do you strive for? Got any other insight into a good build for a specific Race/TV consideration?

Note: Cherry Picking and Messing with the Box Scheduler are not team build plans, rather a sneaky and totally underhanded way of achieving your team build plan with out having to suffer the pains of setbacks. Generally speaking this is a good plan although you risk getting "called out" by your fellow coaches. Also coaches who use these tactics are shunned by others and their teams are maligned.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I lean towards the 'big tv' way (whilst ensuring it is not needlessly bloated) for bashers. I tried the 'bash way' but felt outgunned when I met something 2200 ish and didn't feel the inducements compensated. I've also tried the big tv with elves but missed the wiz too much. However, when I tried the 'elf way', I got mauled. Also tried the 'oh I've got four days to make a team for this box tourney' way and whilst the inducements can get you so far, sooner or later you get outgunned. So I vote for big tv Smile
Formengil

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot "the Box way" as in you try to prep team #1, 2, 3... to tournament and all are bashed to oblivion. Then as deadline closes you take one that has suffered least Smile

That leads to the "elf way" for me because elves get more out of game winning inducements than most.

And why don't I follow that advice myself as I have entered undead to majors twice and failed :/
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't build, I just play, and at some point my team is healthy and good enough to give it a try.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would call my strategy carefull building. I basically put a lot of focus on winning the next game rather then building the team up. But the end goal just has to be to build the team as high and massive and good as humanly possible. Just reallly hard to get there without unbalancing it.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for low TV min/maxed team. But with skavens!
PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
I vote for low TV min/maxed team. But with skavens!

Not a bad plan if you have 4 gutters who can carry a team with one or two CPOMB Blitzers.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel I personally like the high TV way described here, but its very hard to do in Box with the current 15% rule. Same goes with old grandfathered ogre teams: if everyone else only activates 2000k or lower, the maximum TV that can get a game is 2300k.

I think it would be nice to see ogrific or sexy ogres 2 playing outside of tournaments... (btw, I remember hearing a rumour that gradfathered teams are not welcome in the majors - I wonder if that is true or false?)
PainState

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
I don't build, I just play, and at some point my team is healthy and good enough to give it a try.

Which at some point you fall into one of the 6 catagories. Then coaches congratulate you on your insight full and well thought out build. Which of course you take full credit for. Cool

inless they have read this thread and realized it was not a plan at all

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
btw, I remember hearing a rumour that gradfathered teams are not welcome in the majors - I wonder if that is true or false?)

False...."WE" like killing grandfathered teams off. The problem is the coaches who have uber GF teams seem to never let them come out and play.

When the conversion happened did they allow the converted 3.5 teams to convert to CRP also? Are there still a couple norse/dearf teams running around with Ogres?

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

Which at some point you fall into one of the 6 catagories. Then coaches congratulate you on your insight full and well thought out build. Which of course you take full credit for. Cool

No. I don't build. I don't plan. I don't care. I play.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
PainState wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

No. I don't build. I don't plan. I don't care. I play.

No build? Is there a non-progression option on the server?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:

You funny guy... There is a big difference between building a team and getting skills on players.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 05, 2012 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity is a fish from the old school.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 06, 2012 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
BooAhl wrote:

You funny guy... There is a big difference between building a team and getting skills on players.

and actually in League there is a non-progressive option... :p
 Jump to: