48 coaches online • Server time: 17:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I could be persuaded to open up AZ if there are enough coaches to otherwise fill the NFC.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've ponied up the cash to purchase the Washington Redskins' franchise.

Stadium renovations are already underways & the squad is ready to commence training camp.

So one more team for the NFC
Jasfmpgh

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to play again, I'll be sticking to St. Louis
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2012 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pittsburgh Pirates are back after their tour across the pond for a few seasons...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=543638

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have some NFL teams available: Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Washington. I can use any of those for next season, if possible. And of course I will continue with my Chicago.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to be playing the Tennessee franchise next season. (The Tainted Sea Mutitans - Underworld) Looking forward to it. Mr. Green

If anybody wants to play some builder games, that would be great.
Jumboparagon

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I as well be looking for said builders & have a snot team ready for tradezies
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Click on the image to link to the NBFL Homepage. Franchises available

Last edited by ryanfitz on %b %30, %2012 - %21:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In that page all of my teams are said to be open. But in this thread, all of them are picked. What is the situation? What franchises are really open, I would love to have a team in AFC.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

@ kyyberi: we'll know better when the playoffs are over, it's hard to say right now. Maybe fitz or jeffro can come up with a list, but if not ill try to within a few days

@ everyone: NOT cool of kyyberi and gracehoper to play their NFC wildcard game before I had made my epic playoff predictions. Currently they're on turn 6 of the first half and Grace just scored to take the 1-0 lead. I haven't gotten to do my full research yet but I'll go ahead and predict a San Fren victory 3-1 before the game is complete

Don't drop the soap.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Playoffs have started. Get yer games in.

We did. Better pay more to your Gnomes, they are lazy!

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys looking for some new coaches to join the divisions at all?
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Season 8 Playoff Preview

With another NBFL regular season in the books, it is now time for two things: the playoffs, and ex-con's playoff predictions. It is unknown which of the two is more popular, but rest assured that this year's editions will be as epic as ever. Last season neither of our predicted teams managed to make it to the super bowl. However our pre-season predictions were far better, with 3/6 teams from both conferences correctly predicted, including both super bowl guesstimates making it in. With that being said, we still have a lot to prove, so here goes nothing...

NFC Playoffs

1. Seattle Deathhawks
2. Nawlins Angst
3. New Khemri Giants
4. Elfigo Ears
5. San Frenzysco 666ers
6. Savage Loosed Horned Rams

The NFC has turned into the brutal gauntlet that the AFC conference was a few years ago, with five teams over 38 CAS during conference play (as opposed to just three from the AFC.) In fact if you looked at the top five teams from the NFC during conference play (at least according to the tournament standings,) four of them have the word 'Chaos' in their team name. Thus getting through the NFC will be a matter of survival, both literally and figuratively.

NFC WildCard

#4 Elfigo Ears vs #5 San Frenzysco 666ers
Earlier we were forced to predict a game before we could analyze the match, and we gave a 3-1 victory to San Fren over Chicago. However that appears to be wrong as Chicago currently has the ball in OT with no defenders in sight. And now they just won, so grats to them. I was likely going to predict a San Frenzy victory with or without analysis, but the only thing that truly matters is picking the Super Bowl correctly Very Happy

San Frenzy 3 : 1 Elfigo
More like 2-1 Elfigo in OT, oh well.

#3 New Khemri Giants vs #6 Savage Loosed Horned Rams

New Khemri was on the outside looking in of the playoff race just two weeks ago, but they won both of their final games while rival Dallas tied both of theirs, giving New Khemri the NFC East crown via head-to-head tiebreakers. Meanwhile the Rams have been looking up at their division rivals, Seattle and San Fren, for most of the season. However they absolutely refused to lose (only dropping one contest,) and got in as a wildcard on the final week.

Barring any last second purchases, only a babe will be available to help New Khemri in this game. Both teams will lean on their defensive captains to eliminate the opposing players one by one, as Jerious Norwood and Jason Pierre-Paul matchup against each other. Neither squad was very adept at scoring during conference play (both just over 1 per game,) leading to this prediction:

New Khemri 2 : 1 Savage Rams (OT)
Picking between a team that doesn't lose and team that was on a roll in the final weeks isn't easy, but I'll take some advice from real life and go with the Giants. This game is destined for overtime because it would be a good way to also settle their 1-1 tie from earlier in the year.

NFC Divisional Round
Now comes the fun part for those who were fortunate enough to win a wildcard game: facing one of two chaos teams that averaged around or above five casualties per game. Recall that the #1 seed gets to face the lowest seed left after the wildcard, so the matchups I predict are as follows.

#2 Nawlins Angst vs #3 New Khemri
Now this should be a fun one for the fans. I count 11 combined mighty blow players (assuming that all of NK's are available for this game and that they make it,) five combined players with piling on, and seven with claw (all for Nawlins of course.) The team that receives first will have the first shot at player removal but the Angst have a five player bench, and far more damage-dealing potential. However New Khemri currently gets around 400 inducement points, though that could easily change. Still, this game is going to result in:

Nawlins 2 : 0 New Khemri
I just don't see Khemri being able to hang with this team for 16 turns. Nawlins managed a 1-0 victory when these teams met during conference play, but they'll leave no doubt this time around.

#1 Seattle Deathhawks vs #4 Elfigo Ears
Both teams have secured themselves a match in the divisional round (Seattle via bye and Elfigo via their wildcard win,) though this matchup is by no means set in stone (Seattle plays either Elfigo or the Rams.) But seeing as how this is what I predict will happen, it most likely will. The Deathhawks have been brutal this year but took some losses along the way, and suddenly have a mix of grizzled veterans and complete rookies. The Ears will look to their five blodge players to attack the holes in the Seattle defense, given that they only have two tacklers and no true ball carrier as well. However Seattle's two tacklers are a POMBer and a St5 beast (both literally a figuratively,) along with 240 in inducements. A true clash of styles will lead to:

Seattle 2 : 1 Elfigo
While the Ear's upset of the then-defending champion San Frenzy was impressive, they'll have their hands full with this year's top seed. Seattle has just enough tools left to deal with the high-flying Elfigo attack, but their biggest advantage will be in coaching. The Deathhawks are on a mission and won't let a few puny elves get in their way.

NFC Championship Game

#1 Seattle Deathhawks vs #2 Nawlins Angst
This is the second year in a row that I have picked Seattle to reach the championship game, although they had a vastly different roster last time around. Last year they reached the conference title game and lost, but whether or not I pick them to reach the super bowl again (as I did in both last season's playoff predictions and this year's season predictions,) remains to be seen. Seattle won their matchup this year 2-1 but paid for it, though these teams are very different now. This game will be tough for both sides but ultimately only one can advance to the Super bowl:

Seattle 1 : 2 Nawlins
Something tells me that that third time is the charm and that I should pick Seattle once more, but I simply don't see anyone being able to stand in the way of the buzzsaw that is Nawlins. Of course this just adds more fuel to the Deathhawk fire, but motivation can only do so much when you face four POMBers (as currently constructed.)

AFC Playoffs

1. San Dogo Chompers
2. New Angryland Bulltrots
3. Cleaveland Hounds
4. Jacksonville Jagorkz
5. MonAmi Dauphins
6. Oakland Elf Raiders

The AFC has become more agile-based than before, with three of the teams being elves and another being humans with several +AG players. Most of these offenses are fairly potent, and a modest amount of casualties should be expected from several of the matchups.

AFC Wildcard

#4 Jacksonville Jagorkz vs #5 MonAmi Dauphins
Jacksonville may have snuck into the postseason with the possibly the worst playoff record in the history of the NBFL (4-5-6 for a .378%,) due to their weak division, but that doesn't mean they don't have a chance. They may have only won one conference game, but they do have five players with tackle to try and deal with the high-risk, high-reward style of Mon Ami. The Dauphins recently lost their POMB blitzer, and if the dice suddenly turn on them, this may happen:

Jacksonville 1 : 2 Mon Ami
Not even I have the balls to predict this upset. Mon Ami should win as long as their St5 catcher is on the field, because I've seen them pull off the seemingly impossible with him still around.

#3 Cleaveland Hounds vs #6 Oakland Elf Raiders
Another year, and another playoff appearance for the Raiders (six out of seven seasons with post-season play,) but they have yet to get further than the divisional round. In order to try and do that, they'll have to beat a team that completely outplayed them earlier in the year. Both sides go into the game banged up but all of they key players are showing up, thus this game will come down to what every elf matchup boils down to: snakes and armor rolls. With that being said:

Cleveland 1 : 2 Oakland
I never like to predict a victory for my own team, and I am not at all confident in this result. The Hounds match up well with my squad, but I'm going to try a new approach for once: optimism. (Stay tuned to watch me lose 5-0 Laughing )

AFC Divisional Round

#2 New Angryland Bulltrots vs #5 Mon Ami Dauphins
Two AFC East rivals meeting in the playoffs, how perfect. I seemingly have a love/hate relationship with New Angryland because I despise their team so much yet always pick them in my predictions (Superbowl champs in both last year's playoff predictions and this year's season preview.) Mon Ami won the season series with a 1-0 victory and a 1-1 tie [EDIT: New Angry actually won the series with the 1-0 victory, I had it backwards], as the Bulltrots try to beat the living hell out of the elves while the Dauphins sacrafice the lambs as their uber-players pull off the miracles needed to steal the game. The style that wins out this time will be:

New Angryland 1 : 2 Mon Ami
I flip-flopped on this prediction for a while, but ultimately decided that the inducments that Mon Ami gets (wizard + extra apos would be my guess,) will allow them to nuffle away a victory. Of course no one is happier to see this prediction than the Bulltrots, who probably felt cursed ever since last year's playoffs started Very Happy

#1 San Dogo Chompers vs #6 Oakland Elf Raiders
Yet another division rivalry gets replayed in the Divisional round, as San Dogo and Oakland meet just two weeks after their regular season finale. As per usual, San Dogo won 2-1 over the elves who have an affinity for taking casualties (4 per game, second only to Mon Ami who has mostly Av7.) The Chompers come into the game at full strength while Oakland could again be missing some players, but it is not likely to make a difference:

San Dogo 2 : 0 Oakland
Optimism can only get you so far: San Dogo has our number and I simply cannot figure out how to block them from calling. Quit stalkin me Kryten!

AFC Conference Championship

#1 San Dogo Chompers vs #5 Mon Ami Dauphins
Mon Ami ran circles around San Dogo earlier in the year to the tune of a 3-0 victory, but that result means little. This time around, Mon Ami will be missing their POMBer (dead,) much like San Dogo was at the time (only missing that contest.) Neither side will likely be at full strength but rest assured, they will both put on quite the show for the fans:

San Dogo 2 : 1 Mon Ami
Despite his best efforts, Fitz won't be able to nuffle Kryten the way he usually does to people (admin client perhaps.) When you have the best thrower in the league, and the luckiest coach, you're in good hands.

Super Bowl VIII

Nawlins Angst vs San Dogo Chompers
The ultimate D-bag team vs the ultimate hustler; what a matchup. It's hard to believe that Kryten has never made it to an NBFL super bowl yet, though this is not the first time I predicted him to do so. However this may prove to be K's most challenging game in a long time (certainly moreso than any match with Oakland,) as his team is woefully under-equip to deal with the Nawlins buzzsaw. It will take his admin client, the epic picture and skills of Fouts, a well-timed wizard, and perhaps the intervention of Nuffle him/her self, but the Super Bowl will forever go down as:

Nawlins 2 : 1 San Dogo
Oh my! Despite all of K's experience, even he won't be able to score with zero players on the pitch (though it honestly wouldn't surprise me.) San Dogo will put up one hell of a fight in front about about 30 spectators, but even a wizard bolt + score won't be able to stop Nawlins.

Super Bowl Champions: Nawlins Angst

Thanks for tuning in to yet another epic version of ex-con's playoff predictions. I'm already 0 for 1 but one day I'll correctly predict the winner! Now, everyone sing along with me: "Now when the Angst, go piling on...now when the Angst. Go. Pilin. On..."

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on %b %31, %2012 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I should point out that Mon Ami LOST the season series, but since you picked them to beat me I'm cool with whatever you want to say Very Happy
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

he meant MA should have won the season series but licker had recently serviced nuffle both games and was repaid with more than favorable dice.
 Jump to: