13 coaches online • Server time: 05:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

just an idea that makes logical sense, when a necromancer raises dead i think it would be cool if they kept any physical skills that they had... it might make undead a bit mor epowerful, but surely not by much... theyre only zombies after all. would make the team alot more colourful and fun too imho.

would be cool if they kept their original plyer icons too.. or maybe a special 'zombie' set of racial linemen...

just ideas i think would be cool, what do you all think?
Delta

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like the idea of keeping their skills.

It is cool though when the new coach keeps (and updates) the bio's for their recently 'acquired' players.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a stupid idea. Kill a WE catcher and get a zombie with Catch, Dodge, Sidestep, Leap, Sprint and maybe +AG og +MA. Kill an Orc Blitzer and get Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle, maybe Stand Firm or Dodge. And if you manage to kill someone with +ST, omg. This would imo totally unbalance the Undead team.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my raised Skaven Lineman played the rest of the game against me with his original icon but other team colors. I don't know if he kept it though, I am guessing by your post that he did not.

Are you suggesting they keep original skills AND start over at 0 SPP to get new ones? I think that makes undead more than a little more powerful!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

in the 3rd ediction there was an unofficial rule for raised zombie.

They simply suppose that a normal zombie was a human lineman.

So when a player died on the pitch cut all the skills and give him regenerate.

Ma -2
St =
Ag -1
Av =

Price (for team rating purpouse) is the base price of the original model -20k -10 for any original skill.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No, in that case, they should gain the trait PEAKED, meaning they cannot get any more skills... that should even it out...

Z
Franz

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

for the old rules I posted they are not peaked.

A dead wardancer is a 6 3 3 7 zombie, that increase you TR by 7.

I forgot, the zombie keep the phisical skills.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The First post Specified How about keeping the PHYSICAL skills not all skills (eg horns, claw, RSC etc) I still agree its a bad idea but its not the same as the idea you people thought it was IE you kill a wood elf catcher you get nothing you kill a Werewolf you get claw ETC
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the basic idea, but that's simply from a fluff point of view, in terms of game balance I have no idea, but the undead don't seem to need a boost TBH..
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
The First post Specified How about keeping the PHYSICAL skills not all skills (eg horns, claw, RSC etc)...

Ah, I misunderstood, sorry about that. Still seems a bit too good, but at least not as potent as what I thought it would be at first. Does keeping physical skills really make that big a difference anyway? Not that many teams have them after all.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i just think it would make undead a little less... boring?? i dont play them anymore but i first started with an undead team. having a roster full of boring zombies sucks ass. their positionals are good, but not good enough to make up for such piss poor linemen imho.

i suppose stuff like RSC would make the zombies quite dangerous. but perhaps not unbalancing if you could find a way to counter balance the slight advantage (maybe removing regen so the player is cool but vulnerable?) or something like that.

i think the most obvious effect would be zombies with horns and thick skull from dead dwarfs and beasts, its probably the most common ones by far.

i just hate it how a dead beastman transforms into a human zombie after the game finishes... i like the idead of dead players roaming the blood bowl field once more ...
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

it DOES sound kinda cool.. probably not going to happen though, but sounds fun.
PellePirat

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be cool.. Shouldn't happen often enough to really unbalance undead..
I would really love to see fumbbl keep track of what a zombie was before raised though, so they would still look like the original player after their first game.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It would make for a fun league. Every team gets a 'necromancer' who can steal a player from the opponents. You could run it using Christer's original LeagueManager. Just change the players/stats manually in between rounds.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I would really love to see fumbbl keep track of what a zombie was before raised though, so they would still look like the original player after their first game.

I'd love that too! Would add a little flavor. My necro team would really enjoy having a beastman and an elf running around in the team colours. Especially the elf. He died, then he killed one of his team mates and got the MVP and became a dirrrty player, all in one half. Smile