39 coaches online • Server time: 15:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Tournaments kind of came before CRP to box. I dunno what time you are talking about.

Iam talking about right now.

And you are right there have been majors before CRP.

But for some reason in the last year all of sudden coaches seem to care about them.

We had box majors kicking off when they could barely manage getting 64 teams back in the day. Now it seems more coaches view them as "important", just like their Ranked brothers in arms.

And because of that my Spectating enjoyment level has gone down. I used to spec atleast 2 HIGH TV box matches a day ( about 6 months + ago) whille I putzed around the house doing chores. Now a High TV match up is a rare event.

And I think it is because coaches now put a lot of stock in the Box majors and do not want to risk their teams. Which as Bladder so lucidly pointed out ranked coaches do. Although I think his intentions were more of a "insult" than an observation.

I dont like that.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

__Synn
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Old School...nice.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
blader4411 wrote:

So you prefer the Ranked coaches who will pick 10 games vs. n00bs to "prep" for the Major, THEN park their team?

What I dont want is Box coaches acting like Ranked coaches at high TV.

Most people have more than one team so parking one for the Majors shouldn't be a big deal.

At least it wouldn't be if people actually wanted to play at high TV and were able to maintain their team at high TV.

If you play at high TV you will soon be cut down. So no there won't be that many games. And most of those will be bash vs bash.

1500-1900 is where it's at. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Harking back to when the box was young and still LRB4...

Most of the high value blackbox games were rubbish. 50% of the featured KenThis and almost none of them were balanced. You are thinking of a time that never existed.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2012 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Y'know... not every coach even has a high-TV team. At all. I do my best, but I'll try harder for you, Pain. I don't want my matches to be boring!

SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the fact people start caring more for the majors. Why else have them?

As for activating at high TV, I often do, but as more people play lower TV those teams seldom gets games.

Personally Ive played a bit at lower TV of late to get teams to play in the minors, so if you wanna blame anything, blame those! :p

I suspect Koadah hit the main reason you dont see more high TV games though.

SL
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree with purplegoo! (Like usual.) High TV matches are more interesting to spec for a number of reasons.
1. You see an interesting mix of skills on more developed players, thus setting up possibilities for more creative plays.
2. There is more to lose, so when a legend gets "splooshed" the entertainment value is higher.
3. There are usually more options for each play. At low TV, the best play is usually the most obvious, and the difference in coaching is only shown up by the careful positioning and off the ball play. If you are a finickity sort of fellow and like watching this, then low TV is your bag. Razz
4. The big teams have more history and thus more interest.

However, I do like watching games of coaches who I admire, but I prefer them to be high TV games.

Overall, I most like watching Major games. They hold the most interest for me.

I like building teams up to be as good as they can be to compete in majors. that is my hobby on here. There are other challenges, but winning majors is the only one that holds interest for me now. Thus, I like building high(ish) TV teams, and so another reason why I (personally) like speccing them.

If I had the time to play lots of different teams, if I got a team "major-ready" I would have no qualms about parking it. It furthers my aims. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The sheer mind numbing dullness that is ClawPOMB, not to mention its natural ability to hand out free, involuntary TV trims is why you don't see many high end games in the box. Box majors may have some effect but to think it's the main reason when coaches can have more than just their tournie team to play and given that they have to make the that team in the first place I'm not convinced it's much of a factor at all.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
I disagree with purplegoo! (Like usual.)

People accuse you of being jammy all the time, but right......? Very Happy
Igvy

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Solution, retire all box teams that don't play often enough.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Solution, retire all box teams that don't play often enough.

Better solution. If we're too boring for you buy an IPod. I hear they can play music and movies and all sorts.

Better yet, get a girlfriend.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2012 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Better yet, get a girlfriend.

Steady on now. No need to get that drastic....

Jump to: