40 coaches online • Server time: 18:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kaan

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks

im trying to decide on what team to choose for my very first stunty leeg team. could some of you guys who have tried them out describe the playstyles of the different teams as i cant imagine what it must be like to play, say snotlings or skink or any team in the leeg for that matter. normally i play WE but im looking in to trying something new.
thanks in advance
kaan
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks - fast, damn fast - practically impossible to catch em all in stunty. Downsides - only one Big Guy, no Throw Team Mate. Expensive!

Haflings - slow, low armor, but cheap. Strongest out of the box Big Guy - Treeman.

Chaos Haflings, same low speed and armor as Haflings, but can get PH skills. Two Minos = high cassualties, but wild animal can be a disadvantage (so Mino/Ogre might be more "save" way).

Gobbos - better than haflings - faster, more armor. "Balanced" stunties.

Snotlings - even lower armor and speed than haflings only strength1, but regenerate and can dodge better than any other stunty. Get three big guys (Trolls), which are important as TTM's are a must. Will die a lot and regenerate a lot, but sure are fun to play.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

That was a good summary, and for the record, I think that Skinks would probably play most like the stunty equivalent of WEs. If you want to try something different, though, by all means go for it.

Just another thing of note, I personally think that 2 Minotaurs is arguably 'safer' than just 1. If one gets trapped, the other can either blitz a defender away (usually leaving a 2 die block, your favor) or just move in and negate some of those defensive assists (again leaving 2 dice, your treat). Look out for Snotlings, though! 3 trolls means that they can trap you in a 1 die and a 2 die against!

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2003 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well any stunty team can get the 2 die trap on one Mino. All you have to do is sacrafice a stunty to stand next to one WA and have thier own big guys go after the other WA. Then the second Mino can't help the one trapped by big guys, because he has to block the brave little stunty under him.

Asperon Thorn
DL_

Post   Posted: May 10, 2003 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have Chaos Halfling team in stunty league and i have now played only one game with that but it sure is fun.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 11, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

take snots! they rock da house!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I will be playing Stunty games as Skinks (Because I normally play as Lizardmen is the main reason but also because of their high speed)
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

from what ive seen, snotlings seem to be the way to go. at 20k and regen, you can have a full roster w/ all 3 of your big guys and still max out your rrs. this leaves you to spend your money on coaches/cheerleaders, giving you another advantage. having regen means you're not likely to lose players often, and 3 big guys gives you plenty of strength.

skinks are probably the second best, simply because they're SOOO much faster. however, they're more expensive, and having only one BG could turn the game against them.

and i would arguably say the Cflings are the worst team among them. +10k for each of them means you're not going to have enough rrs and you wont likely have a maxed roster. and having av6 means they're not going to stay alive long enough to take advantage of having possible access to physical traits. really, their only possible advantage is having two minos, but if you're playing against a competent coach, this really isnt going to help you much. giving the little buggers av7 i dont believe would overpower them, as they're still slower than the gobbos at the same price.

these are just my own personal observations in the few games w/ the wee ones
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

All I know is.. if yer starting a stunty team.. be prepared to lose a couple games... it's very different, imho, than playing regular bloodbowl teams or playing stuntys v regular teams. I had my clock cleaned my first three games but have gone 3-1-0 in the last four. But there is a learning curve, and it can be close to fatal Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

stuntys may take practice, but losing is not a prerequisite.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=12090

Note that the third troll was even with the other two, until he got shoved out and deaded. Also note that there is another offensive option besides TTM.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2003 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings do rule.

Ive only played just three games with em now, 1/2/0 record but here are my thoughts anyway.

With two pump wagons, three trolls and two lil ones wielding poisoned daggers they cause maximum carnage. Because the wee ones are a little slow, I tend to try and take out as much of the other team as possible. The pump wagons are crazy at this. With strength 6 they have three dice blocks against little guys, and two dice against big guys. You can even risk a possible block on your own snottling because with a three dice block and dodge skill on the snottling, at least 1 dice will probably be a pushback result.

Simple tactics:

In defense, have three trolls and pump wagon up front, and all your little ones, including two with poisoned daggers at back. Use your poisoned daggers to blitz any halflings or gobbos that come into back field (you'll nearly always KO them). After using the pump wagon and trolls to take out everyone else, get the ball, and leg it up field. Also, since minotaurs only have an AV of 8, poisoned daggers can be quite effective against them too. Just dodge away afterwards if you fail...

Try putting one pump wagon on the field at a time because they are a little risky and can eat up rerolls quickly. Make sure you have plenty of rerolls (4 or 5 minimum).

When your opponent has a chance for a 1 turn play, start with three trolls on the front line, then make a line of snotters in the backfield on the second last square to prevent a thrown stunty getting easy access to touch line.

In offense do basically the same thing. Surround the snotter ball carrier with other snotters, then use poison daggers to clean up anyone that comes for him.

Also try and keep one or two of the wee fellas near your trolls to help pass those annoying stupidy rolls. You can be guaranteed that your trolls will roll more 1s than even a rookie elf team.

Remember, even though snottlings are slow, so are nearly all other stunties. They won't be able to get away from you that easily... And even though they only have strength 1, they have regen and thick skull, actually making them a lot tougher than the average stunty.
And with two heads, you dont have to hold your breath every time you leave a tackle zone.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: