29 coaches online • Server time: 00:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford from the GLT

I have arrived back in Altdorf for the start of the GLT. The #1 Major of the Ranked scene as voted on by the fans. The qualifier format makes this tournament unique and very enjoyable to watch.

Also the format allows for the teams to decide their qualifer so some fore thought goes into the selection process.

IF you are interested in joining the fun here are the groups to apply to.

High TV Qualifier

This is the qualifier for the HIGH TV teams who do not want to give up massive inducements. It also is the home of the Big TV Elf, Dwarf and Chaos teams. SO be warned before applying to this group. OR attempt to sneak in with that Min/Max team and bank some inducment money, but a risky plan.

High CR Qulaifier

This group is for the high CR coaches out to prove they are hot stuff. Also this is the sub high TV qualifer because those High CR coaches only play Tier 1 teams, which are usually sitting at 2100TV+. So expect the Dark elfs, Woodies, Chaos, Nurgle, CD and Dwarf teams coming out of the woodwork.

Also this qualifier only accepts 3 groups so the allocated slots are smaller. Be sure that CR is pimped before applying.

Stunty exception
The fourth group in the high CR will be dedicated to any Halfing or Goblin team that applies to this qualifier. They will all be sloted in the same qualfier. So a stunty group will be formed up to make sure atleast one goblin or fling team makes the main draw. SO if you like your stunties and want a chance to play in the main draw against the big boys. Well this is your qualifier.

Old Teams Qualifier
The most popular of the Qualifiers for the fans. See the old teams lock horns on the grid iron. A lot of these fossil teams are out to prove that they still have what it takes and dreams of glory in the main draw. This qualifier usually attracts the really old teams from all of the races. Note: you usually need atleast 75+ games on your team to make it in this qualifer bracket. But if you join with one of the younger Old teams you are usually booed out of the stadium from the fans. They want to see the legendary old teams play, not your young 90 game team trying to take advantage of the old men. Its not very sporting in their view.

Forlorn Teams Qualifier
This Qualifier is only composed of races who have never won a major. So all the tier 1 teams are out and all the other races who have snuck a major win or two.
This qualifier is Human, Lizardmen and Undead heavy. Also in the past this is the largest of the qualfiers. Last year it was 4 16 team qualifiers. So you might have to play one extra match to make the main draw. IF you hate playing against Lizardmen, DO NOT APPLY TO THIS GROUP.

Lord PurpleChest has made some improvements to the GLT this year.

I allready mentioned the stunty exception in the HIGH CR Qualfier.
But this year the winner will also get one player with the fan favorite skill. A highly desirable boost to your team and player.
Also Dynamic gold in the main draw for those who like gold.
And finally the choice of a 70TV or less value player of your choice from any roster and he comes with the pro skill.

So the GLT is right around the corner. The 3rd Ranked major of the season. Get your teams set and ready to go. Apply to one of the four groups and lets get it on!!!

Which Qualifier are you going to join?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure you named it "Grotty Little Tournament VIII Predictions"...
You are hacked Milford!
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Legion of Orgrimmar are in nowhere near the shape they were at this time last year, but they will armor up to defend their title. Lor'themar Theron is eager to play in the event that brought him to the team in the first place.

We will be joining the Old Teams qual, same as last year.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dhaktokh wrote:
I am not sure you named it "Grotty Little Tournament VIII Predictions"...
You are hacked Milford!

Well I had to change the title of the Prediction thread.

I was at the official "press" meeting before the opening of Qualifiers. It seems that PC and his staff have laid out some ground rules for the "press".

One of them is not to use abbreviations and FUMBBL jargon in official press releases. It seems the High Elfs have rubbed off on PC. According to him by using FUMBBL jargon and slang that some fans will not know what "we" are talking about.

GLT when used in an official capacity must be spelled out for the layman out there and not use the more traditional GLT.

The parameters that PC wants the "press" to use is like 3 pages long.

Well I call butkus on all that and promptly used it as a wad of toliet paper.

But I dont want to ruffle the feathers right off the bat so I changed the title to the proper heading, in order to not confuse the new coaches on FUMBBL.

Which BTW I fully expect every new coach who has arrived in the last 6 months to apply a team.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tiny Steel Hammers will be sitting this one out - we thought the tournament did not start until July. Not going to be able to enter sadly.

Would have gone for the high TV bracket though - wizards against us are killer, so high TV bracket would have lessened the chance we face a wizard.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a group for stunties? I don't mind if I do, thank you very much Smile

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Our kung fu is coming for you!

Pig Sty Alley massive in the house.

Last edited by Chainsaw on %b %17, %2012 - %02:%May; edited 1 time in total
Malmir

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Colourful Characters will be attending and in their best shape since they won the Lustrian. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=652069 Not sure about which qualifier yet but we intend to put in a good challenge if we make it in the draw
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Lustrian Tomb Guard are going to see if they can replicate their Forlorn Qualifier win from last years GLT. Not in the best of shape, but one game on from losing in the Semi's of the XFL Lizardmen, they are tooled up to face their own kind!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState, I appreciate your expectations of new coaches like myself, but thanks to Ryld taking my only eligible team (Crookback Crows) to the cleaners the other day, I'll be sitting this one out. I don't have time to play the games to get ready myself, but I look forward to specing some epic matches. And, can I just say that I think the various ways to qualify are EXCELLENT. I'll look forward to joining in next year.
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Colourful Characters will be attending and in their best shape since they won the Lustrian. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=652069 Not sure about which qualifier yet but we intend to put in a good challenge if we make it in the draw

Yay a shot at that St6 bull! Wink

I will do an extra donation round if someone retires him during the GLT! Razz

SL
ElanTheBard

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

CavSgtBob wrote:
PainState, I appreciate your expectations of new coaches like myself, but thanks to Ryld taking my only eligible team (Crookback Crows) to the cleaners the other day, I'll be sitting this one out. I don't have time to play the games to get ready myself, but I look forward to specing some epic matches. And, can I just say that I think the various ways to qualify are EXCELLENT. I'll look forward to joining in next year.

Sorry Bob... didn't want to discourage someone to join the GLT... i think that you still have time to improve your team before the draw... come on! I want to see you there! Wink

On my side, i really don't know in which qualifier should my anarchists apply... still deciding!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
High CR Qulaifier

This group is for the high CR coaches out to prove they are hot stuff. Also this is the sub high TV qualifer because those High CR coaches only play Tier 1 teams, which are usually sitting at 2100TV+. So expect the Dark elfs, Woodies, Chaos, Nurgle, CD and Dwarf teams coming out of the woodwork.

Also this qualifier only accepts 3 groups so the allocated slots are smaller. Be sure that CR is pimped before applying.

Stunty exception
The fourth group in the high CR will be dedicated to any Halfing or Goblin team that applies to this qualifier. They will all be sloted in the same qualfier. So a stunty group will be formed up to make sure atleast one goblin or fling team makes the main draw. SO if you like your stunties and want a chance to play in the main draw against the big boys. Well this is your qualifier.

Why the stunty exception to high CR?
If you play regulary stunty your CR will drop faster than you can say pie. Just seems not well thought through, it should and would make more sense to have been one of the other two entry
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 13:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The stunty teams will be accepted based on being stunty, not on the coaches CR.

CR will determine 3 qualifiers only.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2012 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, oki. Thanks for clearing that up Very Happy
 Jump to: