56 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a minor issue with Gamefinder today. All of the teams I look for information on have their team composition listed (total number, then by position) and then have three lines below the positions each saying "undefined: undefined". All of the information showing appears accurate; these lines are just in addition to what should be there.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting some sorta bug; after clicking the green tick on a match after somebody else already has, I don't get the 'game offered' screen with the start game buttons, it jumps straight to the 'good luck' screen. The client then opens, and regardless of which team I wanted to use, it always opens for my team 'Stick the Moot In' and asks for a password & gamename. So I can't start any games via the lfg at the moment. On the other hand, if I click on the green tick for 'Stick The Moot In', it just shows that spinning wheel/loading icon permanently, never shows the tick.
Should I put this in bug reports rather than here; it may be a problem with my team rather than the gamefinder itself?
Edit: Using Win7, Firefox, & I have tried shift-reloading, but it didn't help.
JanekT

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
I'm getting some sorta bug; after clicking the green tick on a match after somebody else already has, I don't get the 'game offered' screen with the start game buttons, it jumps straight to the 'good luck' screen. The client then opens, and regardless of which team I wanted to use, it always opens for my team 'Stick the Moot In' and asks for a password & gamename. So I can't start any games via the lfg at the moment. On the other hand, if I click on the green tick for 'Stick The Moot In', it just shows that spinning wheel/loading icon permanently, never shows the tick.
Should I put this in bug reports rather than here; it may be a problem with my team rather than the gamefinder itself?
Edit: Using Win7, Firefox, & I have tried shift-reloading, but it didn't help.

I did have that happen once yesterday, but was able to start the game normally by going to the main coach screen and hitting Play next to the scheduled match (basically as if it were a Box game)
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I tried that too, but neither 'Stick the Moot In' or the team I want to use show as scheduled. Clicking on 'Play' opens the client with the right team but with no scheduled match so it still asks for a gamename as well as my password...

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you/do you want to play this team at the moment?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I wasn't clear; it's not one specific team, it's happened with a few different ones. I can still play fine, I just have to arrange with the opponent to start games with a gamename.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that if you try to play with any team, it wants you to play with your chaos flings?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yeah, that's right. I'd like to play with my flings, but not necessarily right at this moment.
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if these are related, but Chrome had (automatic) update on August 8th, and I have experienced some weird behavior in several different pages after that. Not sure what exactly causes the trouble, I'm guessing mismatch with some plug-in version.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it happened for a couple of hours this morning, but I just started a game off the gamefinder and didn't get the same problem. So I've no idea what it was...

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As they're a stunty team, I doubt you'll be playing that much with them anyway. If they are preventing you getting games, retire them for now, and once the problem is sorted I'll bring them back for you.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My understanding is that Stunty Leeg isn't subject to the TV restrictions of the Ranked division. (This is how the client handles it, at least.) However, the LFG still restricts possible match-ups using the TV discrimination parameters of [R].

This is important, because the are precious few Stunty coaches kicking around to begin with. And some coaches, myself included, are already inclined to be wary of certain match-ups (e.g. Skinks vs. Goblin Cheaters, without SW implemented). I've had teams sink to 800-950TV because of MNGs, and it's been literally impossible to get any matches for them using the LGF. In this respect, the "old system" still has a leg-up on the new. Of course, since we're no longer at liberty to see the complete list of available teams, even the "old system" doesn't work anymore–– Perhaps there's a rookie team available to play a recovery match against my Pygmies (940k) or Eshin (930k), but I won't even know they exist unless I create dummy rookie team of my own, simply with that purpose.

In this respect, the LGF has had a negative impact on finding Stunty games.
I would love if these TV restrictions could be removed, to take ammunition away from the doubters.

Thanks
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2012 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you're right that I probably won't play with them much, but that's just due to the lack of Stunty in general, I will be trying to get as many games as I can. That team's currently second in the Stunty Sprint, I'm hoping to sneak first...

But as the gamefinder problem appears to have resolved itself, this shouldn't be an issue. Thanks though.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an ability to "unhide" rejected games? I ask because I recently hit the red button instead of the green one (I know, I'm stupid Razz ) and I can't find an easy way to get the option to play that game back on the screen. Going back out of and into the gamefinder didn't work.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2012 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Is there an ability to "unhide" rejected games? I ask because I recently hit the red button instead of the green one (I know, I'm stupid Razz ) and I can't find an easy way to get the option to play that game back on the screen. Going back out of and into the gamefinder didn't work.

this happened to me as well. I think the game will un-hid after 4 or 5 minutes if you have open slots.
 Jump to: