54 coaches online • Server time: 23:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Drrek

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I've finally reached a my first legend player on Drumin the brave on the Frenzied Flames and he's rolled a normal skill roll. He already has +ST, block, dodge, strip ball and tackle. I honestly have no idea what to give him for his final skill. Any suggestions?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations! Smile

Wrestle could be fun (having Block and Wrestle on the same players allows for some really nice play options). He already has everything else what a good sacker needs.

Fend is a solid option as well (to protect him and to improve his BC potential).

If you use him in close combat frequently, you could give him Shadowing as a fun skill.

Or Dump-Off to ruin your opponent's hard work after he finally got close enough to blitz him with a 2db...

---

I'd take Wrestle, I think. He's a formidable sacker AND ball carrier then.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm usually not a big fan of wrestle and block on the same player, but in this case, with strip ball and tackle, I tend to agree with Rabe.
Uncleanone

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Must say that dump off probebly whould be an waste since he whould been in tackle zone when use it and his dwarf pals not have so much ag them eather and knowing dwarf play the probebly stand in tackle zones as well. i whould probebly go for leader if you dont have that all ready if so tehn probebly Pro
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands, make him a proper sacker/ball carrier in one - then you only need the other runner for kick/leader.
Azure

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would see only 2 really useful options:

1) Fend

2) KO Return

I also have a Legend Runner - and very similar to yours I took Fend and KO return as my last two skills.

While KO return generally is terrible - for dwarves it is the one race that is worth it. Given your overall slow footedness, you need to get the ball and cage up as fast as possible. KO return is invaluable against teams with Kick or fast teams.

@Nelphine: he is talking about a dwarf runner - hence started with sure hands.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, how did I forget that?

can tell I've been a) playing too much stunty leeg and b) arguing about chaos too much, no sure hands anywhere near either of those
Fightingmongoose

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2012 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend I think, keeps him safe as well as giving him more mobility.

KO return could be good too if you want to go that route.
Drrek

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2012 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Based off what's been said, and my experience playing dwarfs, I'm leaning toward kickoff return, since it can be so detrimental when my opponent gets a good deep kick on me. I can definitely see the merit in fend though, and wrestle would be nice.
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2012 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing could be fun, he IS the biggest, fastest and hardest to knock down guy on your team. Would bring some interesting surprises for your opponent if you played him right.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2012 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm leaning towards shadowing too. That or fend.
Drrek

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2012 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

After hearing all the advice given, I've gone with fend. Hopefully it leads him to glory, not death (or at least a glorious death)
 Jump to: