41 coaches online • Server time: 14:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before, i'm just not sure where to look.

it doesn't make sense to me that a player can be killed one turn, and "ready to go" the next. is there a discussion somewhere about changing this rule?

I think that if an apoth has been used, either the player is stunned, or placed on the bench afterwards.

What are your opinions on this? And if you know where a discussion about it is, please let me know.

***edited for my bad spelling

Last edited by AcheronStyx on %b %20, %2004 - %01:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the apoth could be seen as some type of wizard

so i'll give the explanation i always use when something inexplicable happens in a film

"A wizard did it"

If a wizard can save a guy from dying, then I'm sure he can do it so that the guy is good to go then turn after as well
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a discussion on this on tbb about 1.5 years ago, a point which i rasied, however the old articles there have been canned, so it aint there anymore, there was discussion in the first rules review to put the player on the bench, however nothing ever came of it.
I would prefer to see them go to te bench, but .... we will have to wait n see.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
i think the apoth could be seen as some type of wizard

so i'll give the explanation i always use when something inexplicable happens in a film

"A wizard did it"

If a wizard can save a guy from dying, then I'm sure he can do it so that the guy is good to go then turn after as well

That is exactly the "logic" behind it. There was a discussion about it on TBB a long time ago, about sticking the guy back in the reserves box, based on that if you Apoth your star player on a block, he is open for a foul for the very next action, so why not have the Apoth stick him in the Reserves box.

But, if I recall correctly, the idea was eventually shot down, as it would eliminate the strategy behind using the apoth on small injuries and even just stuns or KO's (not currently available in the client (I think)) in order to keep that guy available for action the next turn.

Asperon Thorn
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

you can't use Apothecaries on stuns or KO's in the client, I think I remember Ski saying something about this being because he wanted to limit the number of "pop-up" boxes. I understand this, but it's a bit sad IMO, after all it takes away a tactical option. Of course, if there was to be a pop-up for every stun, every KO it would be alot.. there's no optimal solution here I suppose...
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

And besides, not many people would go for that option, rather keeping it for their players that may die...

Z
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

AloneAndBurned wrote:
And besides, not many people would go for that option, rather keeping it for their players that may die...

Z

I agree, but sometimes I have a player so deep downfield that he can't be stopped, only he falls over trying to GFI, and is stunned... and next turn is turn 8, so he can't get up in time. In those cases, you could consider using it on him.. risky, but maybe worth it.. But having a popup for every stun for this small option is not good enough, I agree with that.. so I guess it's ok as is..
 Jump to: