37 coaches online • Server time: 11:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gareththejack

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Morning all.

Brand new user here in Wales. I'd just like to say well done to whoever set this site up and stupid me for not taking the time to discover it sooner.

I've played Blood Bowl since around '95, went to some GW tourneys in Nottingham too. Played a bit of Chaos League but never bothered with BB on the PC until now!

So how does it work, do I have to start in a certain league or something?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index

It's in your best interest to read at least the basics.

As for leagues, I would say make a league team and a ranked team. You won't get many games in league, but the ones you'll get, should be a little 'kinder' to the newer player.

Stunty is also a great division for a bit of fun.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And for fast games, you can play Blackbox. But be warned: It is not for the faint of heart. Lot's of blood & gore. It is the "hard core" division. If you do decide to join, don't expect to keep your players alive for long. Very Happy
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

For a starter league, check out the 145 Club: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2922

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And, by the way, welcome to Fumbbl. Smile
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
And for fast games, you can play Blackbox. But be warned: It is not for the faint of heart. Lot's of blood & gore. It is the "hard core" division. If you do decide to join, don't expect to keep your players alive for long. Very Happy

What my friend Bill forgot to say was in Black Box you get noob builds like CLMBPO Smile

welcome to the crazy house.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The others already said evething important but just to give you a better overview:

We have four divisions, where you start is entirely up to you.

Ranked- Lots of coaches, good for quick games. Games are getting rated. You are supposed to play strangers most of the time.

Blackbocs - The other competative division. Only difference to Ranked is that you don't get to choose your opponent. At the start you may rather wanna pick some easy games for yourself than trying this right away. Just as in Ranked you will find enough coaches here to get plenty of opportunity to play.

League - This is for trying stuff, playing friends and any sort of numerous smaller or larger private leagues. The advantage here is that league play usually offers the feeling to be in a league what you just don't have in the big divisions and to be able to play bloodbowl the way you like. For ecsample there is a league that focuses on passing and scoring and such, another league for beginners, the 145er league. There are many region specific leagues.
You won't get much to play here at all, it is not a quick fix but rather a long term commitment where you regularly play on a periodical basis that can range from 1 game per week to 1 game per 2 month.
For the maximum experience you can join a league and make an additional team in one of the two competative divisions where you can sort of "train".

Stunty - This is a fumbbl self made division with fictional teams that focuses on carnage. (Small cheap players and killers thrown together.) It is probably more luck dependend. Like league it is low frequency visited so it is much harder to play here. But the games are casual. I'm not really aware of the details since I don't really play it.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2012 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Smile

And just abit off-topic, here's a story I recently heard from Wales:

One time, I was out drinking with some buddies, I saw two ladies standing at the bar.
I walked up to them and said "Excuse me! Are you two ladies from Ireland?".
They frowned at me and said "That's Wales, you moron".
"My apologies" I offered, "are you two WHALES from Ireland?"