10 coaches online • Server time: 05:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a proud Rank player?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
R VS B...again?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Wait I thought it was B VS R...Iam confused.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
PIE
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 102

Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Im a proud ranker but not so proud of my fellow rankers dodging teams Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Look at it this way...IF Christer shut down all Divs but L....how many coaches would leave the site forever?

IMO very little...not saying coaches would be happy, his PM box would be filled with rage. BUT we would still be able to play Blood Bowl online with our online game shop friends on FUMBBL.

NOW if he shut down all league action and said all games are open play format?

yeah, mass exodus.

I couldn't disagree more. Open play is the heart of FUMBBL to me and without Ranked or Blackbox I think the site would lose the majority of its users. I do think League is important to the site, but it still accounts for a very small minority of games played.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Random Oracle has beaten me way too much hence he must be a very clever man or have prophetic abilities. Hence I will not disagree with what his says.

"If you cross the river, a great empire will be destroyed."

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say L is a "very small" minority. It's just a minority. Looking at the site statistics, I would guess R and B are around 40% of the games/day each, L around 15% and S the last 5%.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
the main point remains that when a [R]anked match starts that is because both coaches chose to play that matchup.

True. But before, if coach A offered an unfair matchup, B might make a(n unfair?) counteroffer, but they'd often find eachother somewhere in the middle.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

An open ranked system positively encourages picking and an automated TV matching system positively encourages min-max and clawpomb. Choose which you prefer, gl and hf!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

would have to agree with Painstate. Ranked is the better division simply due to the lack of complaining seen.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
I wouldn't say L is a "very small" minority. It's just a minority. Looking at the site statistics, I would guess R and B are around 40% of the games/day each, L around 15% and S the last 5%.

L's a minority when it comes to matches played. However if you compared coaches using divisions, it's very high. Most coaches only play a couple of games a week in L, where they might not use one or all of the other division at all. That is the nature of L.

Also there was a period recently where L with S were doing better business than B. On the whole though, the quickest way to get games is in B. So most likely there are more coaches using ranked than box, simply because of the games a coach can play.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Once again I pull Qaz and Random offsides....I proved my point. Ranked is the best DIV on FUMBBL.

Hands down.

Also I dont mind rubbing the Box guys in the wrong way, in fact they like that.

League guys though, you have to use kid gloves sometimes with them..They are a touchey feeley lot and I dont want to offend them that the OCCST league is not really that great in the big pitcture.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
L's a minority when it comes to matches played. However if you compared coaches using divisions, it's very high. Most coaches only play a couple of games a week in L, where they might not use one or all of the other division at all. That is the nature of L.

Here's what I get.

since Nov 1st

R 1149
L 1095
B 901
S 304

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it when numbers are easy to look at and understand Wink

Though...

It would be interesting to see how many coaches play what % of their games where.

Me for example...

I play
0% S
4.2% B
44% L
52% R

Though even those are not quite accurate as some of those L games were builders and probably shouldn't count, but still a measure of time spent in one division.

So I can say that if R went away, it wouldn't affect my continuing to play games here.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Once again I pull Qaz and Random offsides....I proved my point. Ranked is the best DIV on FUMBBL.

Hands down.

Also I dont mind rubbing the Box guys in the wrong way, in fact they like that.

League guys though, you have to use kid gloves sometimes with them..They are a touchey feeley lot and I dont want to offend them that the OCCST league is not really that great in the big pitcture.

I'm a bit confused. You're saying you were just trolling with your league comment and that proves that Ranked is the best division?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Look at it this way...IF Christer shut down all Divs but L....how many coaches would leave the site forever?

IMO very little...not saying coaches would be happy, his PM box would be filled with rage. BUT we would still be able to play Blood Bowl online with our online game shop friends on FUMBBL.

NOW if he shut down all league action and said all games are open play format?

yeah, mass exodus.

Look at the amount of games played in Ranked and Blackbox, and think again. Many cannot asign a particular day to always be ready to play a league. (Not a scenario that will happen though).
Edit: Point already made by others.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

You cannot just look at the raw number of games. You have to look at the individual distribution of where coaches play their games.

I'm sure there are some who don't play in any League at all, just as there are some who don't play in R at all. As there are people like me who barely touch (or not at all) B.

The point pain is making is that the thing that keeps people coming round is something they feel an obligation or attachment to.

I strongly doubt anyone feels an obligation to play in R or B. Whereas most people who play L, understand that there is an obligation to play your games.

So kill off L, and that obligation goes away, and the issues inherent in R and B make more people who otherwise wouldn't play there, continue to not play there because they still don't like it.

Kill off R or B or both, and people may still find Leagues they can enjoy, even if the volume of games they get to play isn't as high as it was before.

I can see from your stats garyt1 that you essentially only play B. Which is great. The quesiton I would pose then is this. If B went away (for whatever reason) would you also leave? Or would you move to L or R?

RO is another case all together. As you haven't played a game here since September... meh, what point are you trying to make again?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

RO is another case all together. As you haven't played a game here since September... meh, what point are you trying to make again?

Come now, you yourself said you weren't the most active.

RandomOracle has been top of the CR tables, won the FUMBBL cup, and has the team with arguably the best record in the Blackbox. In that time...erm...maybe the new game finder was released for R. What point were you trying to make again?

Jump to: