34 coaches online • Server time: 09:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you a proud Rank player?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 49 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
R VS B...again?
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Wait I thought it was B VS R...Iam confused.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
PIE
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 102

licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not the most active in R.

I still am active playing games on FUMBBL.

RO made a point about R and B being the reasons he plays at FUMBBL.

I pointed out he hasn't played since September.

So...

What does his studliness have to do with anything?
blader4411

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't a Ranker someone who smells like a dead fish?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play league now cos it's much more awesome than picking in R or min-maxing in B or otherwise wasting your time playing pointless matches.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

RO made a point about R and B being the reasons he plays at FUMBBL.

I pointed out he hasn't played since September.

I take breaks from FUMBBL, after which I come back. I've played about 100 games this year - is this not enough to comment on the subject?

Last edited by RandomOracle on %b %07, %2012 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

agrees with jimmy

but...

to each their own

RO:

Post all you want.

Take a 3 month break all you want.

I just found it amusing that you haven't played in ~3 months and are defending R and B. I looked at it as though you don't feel any obligation to either, so you don't *have* to play either.

Again, the heart of FUMBBL being something that you walk away from for 3 months at a time strikes me as odd, but as I said...

To each their own.
blader4411

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Again, the heart of FUMBBL being something that you walk away from for 3 months at a time

I think that's called real-life commitments Razz
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

RO:

Post all you want.

Take a 3 month break all you want.

I just found it amusing that you haven't played in ~3 months and are defending R and B. I looked at it as though you don't feel any obligation to either, so you don't *have* to play either.

Again, the heart of FUMBBL being something that you walk away from for 3 months at a time strikes me as odd, but as I said...

To each their own.

So this thread is just to see who can be the most elitist? In that case, you're winning! Congratulations! Smile

The heart of Fumbbl is a board game. Yes, people can take breaks from playing the same game over and over. What's so strange?

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

That's exactly what makes open divisions so great for me. I tend to get heavily involved in BB and FUMBBL and play a high amount of games in a short period of time. However, after some time I get burnt out a little and feel like doing something else, thus stopping playing BB for a few weeks, months, or even a year. This is partly why L doesn't suit me, as it requires a steady commitment I don't have towards this hobby. Simply put, I want to play BB whenever I want, and that's what the open divisions give me.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I get you.

And I get you are saying that it only applies to you.

Yet, the context of the question is more general than that.

What draws more people (and retains them) to FUMBBL. Not what you or I prefer.

I think without L there would be less of everything. Without R and B, there would be more L.

With or without you or me, is irrelevant.

Fortunately it's entirely hypothetical and we can all continue to enjoy FUMBBL however we choose.

Quote:
So this thread is just to see who can be the most elitist? In that case, you're winning! Congratulations!

I do not dispute that I am quite elite. I do not, however, understand how you come to draw this conclusion from this thread. Must just be my general all around awesomeness bleeding though the veil of internet!
polardragon

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played both, but only have a single team in Ranked.

If other coaches are activating, Box is the most consistent for getting a game at relatively close TV.

Ranked is more hit and miss. Most of the time I seem to be getting hit up to play massive underdog (200+ TV) to well developed teams.

Hard to say which is the better experience, at least with the Box you 'run what ya brung' without any thought that somebody might be playing you for a sucker to pimp their team.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I do not dispute that I am quite elite. I do not, however, understand how you come to draw this conclusion from this thread. Must just be my general all around awesomeness bleeding though the veil of internet!

Well... the fact that you think that if you don't live on this site, you're not allowed an opinion. You don't understand how someone reading your comments can come to that conclusion?

There is no best division because it's all down to personal preferences. Proud of playing in a division? Shame on all of you for causing division!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
I think without L there would be less of everything. Without R and B, there would be more L.

Hehe more of L but even less of everything than if only L was removed of course. Surprised

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, licker, you were off the forum most of the early November and almost the whole September. By your standards, why should we listen to you as you don't live on the site forum? Wink
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
licker wrote:

Well... the fact that you think that if you don't live on this site, you're not allowed an opinion. You don't understand how someone reading your comments can come to that conclusion?

Wow, you really read something that wasn't there then didn't you. I defy you to find anywhere that I have said anyone is not allowed an opinion. In matter of fact, I tend to defend those like VM or Dode who get crap thrown at them because they do not play here.

If you are a smart boy you can reread my question of RO and try to understand what it really was, not what you want it to be, because you want me to be the bad guy.

Quote:
There is no best division because it's all down to personal preferences. Proud of playing in a division? Shame on all of you for causing division!

Agreed.

Quote:
Indeed, licker, you were off the forum most of the early November and almost the whole September. By your standards, why should we listen to you as you don't live on the site forum?

Umm...

Wink

because we were talking about PLAYING???

Very Happy
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2012 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty bad behaviour to hijack PainState's thread, derail it and start talking smack to everybody participating. Learn some manners.
 Jump to: