21 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
evilhuman

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yea but if the coach is experienced he can choose low FF and start with an extra positional player, if i dump my ff on my necros i.e i can start with 2 wolfs Mad

and even if my FF is high and i play vs low FF teams gate will suck so it wont matter if i have high FF? only the low FF team gains on it, in open league noone plays them thats 1 of the reasons why its bad, but here you have too, make 6 minimun Sad
Elite130

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i join can i join i might have a chance pls pls pls

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

evilhuman wrote:
yea but if the coach is experienced he can choose low FF and start with an extra positional player, if i dump my ff on my necros i.e i can start with 2 wolfs Mad

and even if my FF is high and i play vs low FF teams gate will suck so it wont matter if i have high FF? only the low FF team gains on it, in open league noone plays them thats 1 of the reasons why its bad, but here you have too, make 6 minimun Sad

yeah he has a point, make 6 the minimum plz!
RobtheUncreative

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think it's kinda the thing about tourneys that you have to play people no matter how evil the team or crappy the FF, but being that none of us are super coaches I think we can all agree that we should try to make the FF reasonable. This tournament is meant to be taken seriously for the most part, but more than that it's about having fun playing whatever style you like to play, so in the interest of keeping it fun for everyone let's keep those FF's up. Also, god help the poor skaven that have to play Khemri. And if you have some friends that aren't the greatest coaches in the world let them know about the tournament or the idea behind it anyway. I wish everyone fun and the best of luck.
RobtheUncreative

Post 4 Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick update and clarification

We are only accepting teams available in open format.
This means no Ogres, Vampires, Stunty (except for Flings and Gobbos) and pact teams.

Also we're gonna try to expand the tournament from 24 teams to 32 teams meaning we'll allow a cap of three teams per race.

As of right now this is where we are sitting:

Amazon: 3 slots remaining
Chaos: 3 slots remaining
Chaos Dwarf: 3 slots remaining
Dark Elf: 2 slots remaining
Dwarf: 2 slots remaining
Elf: 2 slots remaing
Goblin (haha): all three slots folks, jump in there
Flings: again all three are open, I don't get it
High Elf: 3 slots remaining
Human: 2 slots remaining
Khemri: 1 slot remaining
Lizardmen: 1 slot remaining
Necromantic: 2 slots remaining
Norse: 2 slots remaining
Nurgles Rotters: 2 slots remaining
Orc: 1 slot remaining
Skaven: 2 slots remaining
Undead: 2 slots remaining
Wood Elf: 2 slots remaining

There's still plenty of time to sign up, but if you're deadset on a team you should hurry. We may make concessions to let some extra teams in, but I
wouldn't count on it. Also if you fall under or over requirements you can go ahead and submit a team and we'll look it over and possibly let you in.

Thanks to everyone that has signed up already and be sure and tell your less 'experienced' friends about it, it's looking like we could have a great time and i encourage everyone to participate. Remember if you're unsure go ahead and submit a team, Topper or I will let you know something before the tourny. And as always good luck, you'll need it Very Happy

Question also if you have any questions PM me or Topper28 or look in #toiletbowl, we'll be more than happy to answer them, or just talk trash and find an equally experienced coach to play.
RobtheUncreative

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ok we've decided that since they're all fresh teams we'd appreciate it if everyone kept the FF at 7+ to start with
Topper28

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2004 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Here a little thing that might help some of you guys out. Thanx EVOL:

http://fumbbl.com/teams/Deeproot's+Clinic+for+Newbies.html
RobtheUncreative

Post 13 Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Mercifully, Undead are closed, and necro and khemri have 1 spot left
Orc and Skaven only have one slot left as well.

Seems as though it's growing pretty well, 21 teams with 2 days in.
We're still looking for 11 more teams so it's not too late.

any questions about the tournie or anything of that nature as always can be answered in #toiletbowl (that's the irc channel)

If you've submitted a team and it hasn't been approved yet be patient, Topper28 and I like to look some teams over.

As always any questions or comments can be posted here or in the channel or answered by Topper or Rob James himself!
RobtheUncreative

Post 4 Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetinsg everyone. Well we seem to be getting quite a few teams and we're almost there after 2 days. At this point because of the great response we've gotten so far our plans are to field a 32 team tournament. This will mean 4 groups of 8 hopefully divided regionally. This means if you have any friends or know anyone that might be interested in our tournament tell them to go ahead and submit a team. The more the merrier!

I'll try to keep everyone posted as often as possible as to what teams are still available. But the best way to attract people to out tournament is word of mouth, so let your friends know and we'll have 32 teams in no time and we can get started for the coveted Toiletbowl Cup!

As always if anyone has any questions about the tournament Topper28 and I are both available. And #toiletbowl is usually where one of us can be found. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming tournament Exclamation
Nicrolagh

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

fear the toilet devils! for they will show you what a halfling's made of!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=68005
RobtheUncreative

Post 4 Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Races that are full currently: Orc, Undead
Races with 1 slot remaining: Necro, Lizardman, Dwarf, Khemri, Skaven, Amazon
Races with 2 slots remaining: Dark Elf, Halfling!!, Human, Norse, Nurgle's Rotters, Wood Elf, Elf

All other races are fair game. Still Plenty of slots but try and get in as quickly as possible. Tell your friends, tell your friends to tell their friends, etc.

We should have a finalized rules system in place by the time of the tourny.
In the meantime if you have any questions you can of course contact Topper28 or Me and we'll be happy to answer them, and as always #ToiletBowl is always open, we seem to be getting quite a response, mostly during the day.

the tournament will start monday so get geared up for some good old fashioned toilet fun. We should have the groups decided before then, more than likely arranged by Timezone.

Thanks to everyone for making this an apparent success (knock on wood) and I wish you all best of luck in the upcoming tournament.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ive applied with my human team, but not been accepted yet, i meet the requirements tho
Vesto

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I've also applied, with Chaos Dwarves. Hope they will fit.
MacLeod

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see you Lord Sigmund, I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle!!! Well, as far as Necros can look forward to that...

Oh, by the way, my location is North America, for purposes of conferences and/or groups.

Mac

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Macleod, but I´ll need a little more info than that. In fact, I would like for all you guys in United States to PM me with your exact location (City)

I would like for SHIVER to do the same.

This way I can, as Macleod points out, divide you all into the four groups according to location. (hopefully) ...There will however be some of you who will find yourselves in a rather odd location group. For that I aplogize, bit it is impossible for me to place you all within "your" location group, but I hope you will do what you can to PM your opponents about playing times. Groups will be formed late sunday night CET. Turney starts 00.01 monday!
 Jump to: