19 coaches online • Server time: 02:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Beast Hitonagashi.

I think he will learn if he sticks around long enough.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar,

Currently you have played 62 games across the divisions. You have conceded 12 of these. Therefore you concede around 1 in 5 games. To me this says two things

1/ You are a pixel hugger and need to accept that casualties are part and parcel of the game

2/ Should I ever play you i will bash you mercilessly, knowing that you will concede and i will get an easy win.

To suggest "I have 0 issue with CAS, that is part of the game. General attrition is also part of the game" and then concede this much and make a forum about how we need to stop claw pomb is hypocritical, to say the least.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Garion wrote:
there are plenty of options in league. Such as the two Hubba leagues, the highlander league, the rush and pass league and there may be others.

How about being able to set up a league like this with special rules that functions like the box for game selection. With enough coaches could be great.

This isn't possible at the moment because the box scheduler cannot be used in leagues yet. I would also rather not do this as I would not like to think i was increasing the divide in the user base on this site. Having Box and Ranked is only just possible really. If I set up a league like this and half the box coaches left the box as a result it would do no good for the site.

However once cyanide eventually stops trying to rip people off and gives up on BB then something like this would be a good idea imo as the site will fill up quickly with ex cyanide players.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of piling on...

Having watched the replay of this game: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3368640, I can conclusively state that the clawpomb combination is the least of your worries.

Basic strategy might be a more pressing concern, especially against a coach as skilled as Bill happens to be.

"Patient, fix thyself."

Last edited by liquidorange on %b %11, %2012 - %16:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

CRP+?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the CRP+ and Narrowing tiers rules. I hope to establish a local tabletop league in the near future and will advocate for the use of crp+ and nt in that situation. If the time comes when CRP+ starts to be prevalent in tournaments and is considered standard among tabletoppers, then there might be more support to switch Fumbbl to the CRP+ ruleset as well.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Things are out of whack it seems, but CRP+ surely has its own problems. NTBB has issues without question, this stuff was drawn out of a hat I believe Wink Fumbbl can do better than that. Someday, perhaps, possible, maybe, who knows...

Just play Stunty and stop caring so much Smile

Last edited by Beerox on %b %11, %2012 - %16:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Muktar

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I mainly chose Norse and Amazon only because I never played them. I know that mighty blow is a killer on those teams. I'm fine with it. I define fun as in being able to play another game without having to buy 3+jmen to fill out the roster due to mass death/high injury teams. I know my players will die/get injured. I am fine with that but when a single game takes out over a third of your team and before the game is over you have only 1-3 models on the pitch... Not fun.
Muktar

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Aside from messing with other things, the skills that are most affected are claw and PO. It would change roll to break armor for claw before modification. In other words, you would have to chose to use claw to break armor or MB. The other change would be PO. It would ONLY be able to be used on injury rolls.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
CRP+?

Yeah, I'm also curious what this is...

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is what he's refering to by CRP+...

It's not official and not accepted by NAF. FUMBBL plays by the official rules.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... NTBB, more can be found here

Might be good for TT, but not for FUMBBL if you ask me.
Duder

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Push the idea at the NAF first Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Ah... NTBB, more can be found here

Might be good for TT, but not for FUMBBL if you ask me.

Nah I think CRP+ is only part of it and I think Kalimar has already implemented most of it.

Guess Christer needs to do some tweaks before it is pushed through into [L]eague.
Assuming that Fumbbl is more than just R & B that is. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
Shadow... only less than 30 days in fumbbl, been playing in RL since '95. Soooo, I have seen many, many variations of the rules.

'95? Nooooob Razz

Glad I wasn't the only person wondering CRP+ was.

Edited by Purplegoo. Acronyms of bad language still count.