10 coaches online • Server time: 06:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Give them some human throwers to fit the fluff.
They shouldn't be this bad, they won the Bloodbowl once!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Kam,
It means that previously in NTBB Right Stuff had the additional ability to let the player ignore Tackle when blocked.
That ability has since been moved to Titchy.
Meaning snots had the ability all along. And TTM is completely unaffected.
Cheers
Martin
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the chances of something actually changing, and where would it come from?
This thread has got me hopefull
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think snotlings are awesome and should be kept, 10k reduction for ogres and rerolls and +ma and +av to snotlings sounds good.

If tackle should ever be 'ignored' it should be so the snotlings could always reroll their dodge rolls, I hate the idea of blodgers that can't be taken down with tackle.

Upping the max number of ogres to 8 or 10 or 12 sounds good too for high TV play.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:

If tackle should ever be 'ignored' it should be so the snotlings could always reroll their dodge rolls, I hate the idea of blodgers that can't be taken down with tackle.

I see your point but they rarely have block and are usually up against 3d blocks. Your not going to have a team full of blodgers and even if you did they wouldnt survive long anyway.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
What are the chances of something actually changing, and where would it come from?
This thread has got me hopefull

Slim to none, and it would come from GW. *stamps on hope*
Duder

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if nothing is ever officially changed - great ideas for table top house rules Smile
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres were fine in LRB4. Go back to that roster and you're all set.

They were a bashy team that was "bad" because of crazy overcosted players, total lack of G access aside from doubles, Boneheaded all over the place, and 70k rerolls.

Played superbly, they could be competitive, but they were still a "bottom 4" roster. That they won a B major said more about vicious than it did about the roster.

If they were as-was in B, they would get mangled by claw teams, but might actually hit back due to a healthy raw strength advantage. They would get run around by the few elf teams, just like they always have and always will. They will manage to hold their own against slow, strong teams that they can slug it out with, like khemri, dwarfs, and orcs.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

If they were as-was in B, they would get mangled by claw teams, but might actually hit back due to a healthy raw strength advantage. They would get run around by the few elf teams, just like they always have and always will. They will manage to hold their own against slow, strong teams that they can slug it out with, like khemri, dwarfs, and orcs.

I think they'd mangle claw teams. I always found Ogres were in that nice point where they'd beat up hard on Chaos/Nurgle, but lose badly to elves.

I thought they occupied a nice niche (smashing the Chaos down), and would still occupy it in LRB 6. Sad to see them nerfed.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to Hito. Bring back the Brogres!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Sad to see them nerfed.

They weren't nerfed. Fouling was nerfed.

They were ruined.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
maysrill wrote:

I think they'd mangle claw teams. I always found Ogres were in that nice point where they'd beat up hard on Chaos/Nurgle, but lose badly to elves.

I thought they occupied a nice niche (smashing the Chaos down), and would still occupy it in LRB 6. Sad to see them nerfed.

Nope. They can't win a war of attrition if both sides are taking losses. Singling out and clawbombing ogres one at a time is remarkably effective.

Remember as well, that a developed ogre team would be giving away hundreds in inducements even to shredding-machines like EoE or ChuckVsBloodowl. When I brought my grandfathered ogres to CRP, even with the goblins reduced to snots, they were 2900+ TV.

Ogres occupy the middle ground. They can't handle claw teams (too easy to knock down, with little Block and almost no Dodge). They can't handle elves (rarely any Tackle or SB). They have to work the middle against bashy non-claw teams. Even then, they often lost because of inopportune boneheadedness.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It can be remarkably effective, but the best defense against clawbomb is a) high ST, and b) Thick Skull.

It wouldn't be a no brainer clawbomb victory, the ogre coach would have to play it carefully, but they have more protection than most do against it. Your same desscription and tactics sums up every game the clawbomb teams play, and the bashier races (let's say, Orcs/Dwarves/Lizardmen) still do fine against it. Of course they'd lose every now and again, but I think they could do really well.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the pump wagon being added. 10k cheaper on ogre's and re-roll's is very fair. Snotlings are meant to be a fun team (like goblins) you don't play them to win, you play them to have fun. I'm sure it would still be possible to win but you'd have to get lucky.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre fluff stands. They are the worst while on paper should be amazing.

Jump to: