55 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Oldheim Ogres had human throwers and linemen.

Really? Where is that from?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

didnt they just have ogre throwers? Im not sure tbh you may be right jimmy. My Ogre foo is weak.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, they had human throwers, catchers and kickers. P44 of BB Starplayers. The Ogre positionals were just Blitzer and Blocker although I think a DYK mentioned an Ogre thrower.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %15, %2013 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
ilpars

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer a pure Ogre-Gnoblar team over some kind of Pact team. There were some pretty good ideas early, Ogre team does not need drastic changes to be more interesting.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah I would rather they stuck with a stunty type player. I actually dont mind the idea of snotlings, I just think they should have kept the original titchy rule and allowed 8 ogres

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

They were originally just all ogres and then added some humans to do funky stuff. Of course back then you could only ever have 5 ogres on the pitch at once and only ever 8 max on a team.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Second ed book talked about goblins. I'm not really sure what to make of the human connection, it's pretty vague.

It could mean that they employed human catchers, throwers and kickers for the new season.

It could mean they employed one human star player who can kick, throw and catch.

It also could have meant they've taken a human coach to help with those skills or trained with humans to gain those skills.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
I prefer a pure Ogre-Gnoblar team over some kind of Pact team

Fair enough. Basically this thread has shown a lot of coaches want a variant of the LRB4 Ogres, I purposed a redo in the vein of the CP or UW team which ties them into 2ED.

ilpars wrote:
There were some pretty good ideas early

Ideas centered around bringing back a variant LRB4 Ogre team with some FUMBBL stunty sauce thrown on top. I never said that was bad. Just pointed out that "we" could explore doing what they did with CP and UW.

ilpars wrote:
Ogre team does not need drastic changes to be more interesting.

Well then we need to define interesting in the context of this specific discussion. Interesting to me is not bringing back a LRB4/stunty upgrade. Interesting to me is making a variant Ogre/CP type of team. To each their own, I never implied or stated my idea "rulled All" and that the LRB4 redo idea was crap.

One thing Jimmy brought up that is important in the contex of Ogres. Under 2ED. ogres counted as two men on the pitch. All big guys counted as 2 and mummies and trees counted as 3 men on the pitch. They took up 4 squares and had all kinds of special rules just for them. Example, all big guys could Multi block as free.

Thus using the idea of bringing back a 2ED style Ogre variant would have to be adjusted because big guys no longer count as 2 players on the pitch.

Also issues related to 2ED is glossed over, the fluff surrounding the teams themselves. Like the Dwarf Warhammers. To represent them properly you would have to make a new roster call the Dwarf Cheaters. They get chainsaws, bombs, death rollers, cannons and all kinds of other goodies on the roster with 50K bribes.

Which brings up the biggest change BB has undergone. The fluff and fun of the early editions replaced by rosters that are driven by the desire to make them more equal on the pitch. The thought to make them more equal in a competitve enviroment like a TT tournament.

And no Iam not going to sit in the corner with a stupid hat on..In fact I crumble up said had, use it as a butt wipe. Then proceed to the front of the class sit in the middle sit. Acting bored and distracted with my middle finger raised on the side of my head glaring at Chainsaw as he attempts to teach the class.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would add a couple of Ogre Blitzers to the rooster maybe without bonehead and ma6.
A possible 8 ogres on the pitch seems fine tbh.
Snotlings deffo need a buff or a change to goblins/gnoblars/something that isn't totally pathetic.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
And no Iam not going to sit in the corner with a stupid hat on..In fact I crumble up said had, use it as a butt wipe. Then proceed to the front of the class sit in the middle sit. Acting bored and distracted with my middle finger raised on the side of my head glaring at Chainsaw as he attempts to teach the class.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ideas centered around bringing back a variant LRB4 Ogre team with some FUMBBL stunty sauce thrown on top. I never said that was bad. Just pointed out that "we" could explore doing what they did with CP and UW.

CP and UW do not have 8 ogres.

It's like shouting an obscenity at somebody then trying to pretend you didn't say anything rude. You're sounding foolish? (Which mars an otherwise interesting last post.)

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
PainState wrote:

CP and UW do not have 8 ogres.

It's like shouting an obscenity at somebody then trying to pretend you didn't say anything rude. You're sounding foolish? (Which mars an otherwise interesting last post.)

No (if you read before) he means use a team rather than a race as a roster.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

PainState wrote:
Or the other way to go is once again a new roster. They allready introduced the Chaos pact team, a mix raced team. So you bring back the 2ED ogre team which was 8 ogres mixed with chaos humans. There you go, the Ogre CRP team. 0-8 Ogres and 0-4 Marauders and 0-4 snotlings and 0-16 Goblins. (goblins are 0-16 because they are the J-men on the squad)

That is the roster, rename the current Ogre team, snotling and all is well.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I know i have problems with Ogre teams, especially at low TV.
I have seen at least one top coach playing ogre in league and having a positive record.
I don't think they need a huge buff. Something like 0/2 snotling runner MV6 sure hand for 30k and regular snotling 10k should be enough.
More than that and it would looks like more like a tier 1,5 team.

Last edited by Wizfall on %b %15, %2013 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2013 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

PainState wrote:
Or the other way to go is once again a new roster. They allready introduced the Chaos pact team, a mix raced team. So you bring back the 2ED ogre team which was 8 ogres mixed with chaos humans. There you go, the Ogre CRP team. 0-8 Ogres and 0-4 Marauders and 0-4 snotlings and 0-16 Goblins. (goblins are 0-16 because they are the J-men on the squad)

That is the roster, rename the current Ogre team, snotling and all is well.

Yes.

Chaos Pact is based off of the Chaos Allstars
Underworld is based off of the Underworld Creepers

And what he was quoting there was the Oldheim Ogres team (which isn't exactly clear, but may have had humans and/or goblins).
 Jump to: