42 coaches online • Server time: 15:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten wrote:
I would change marauders by +10k, the three big guys by -20k, and remove strength access from marauders. IMO that would put the roster closer to what is on paper, and I think it would lead to more interesting builds.

Like that really makes any sense at all.

Beastmen the same cost but also have horns and S access? Pact would be awful. 3 big guys is probably worse than 1 and 4 warriors.

If you want to turn them into a pile of dung, though, it's a great idea.

If you haven't got a constructive suggestion, then don't bother replying.
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy solution is to also take S away from Beastmen then.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
For diversity, I think Galak's proposition of new traits was interesting: have Block, Dodge, Guard, Leader and Claw only be accessible only if the player had appropriately General, Agility, Strength, Passing and Mutation regular access available and the player rolled doubles for skill roll.

That would reduce the regular skill picks. Would Wrestle and Side Step proliferate? It would surely be a different game...

Do you have a link to that? It sounds horrible. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
For diversity, I think Galak's proposition of new traits was interesting: have Block, Dodge, Guard, Leader and Claw only be accessible only if the player had appropriately General, Agility, Strength, Passing and Mutation regular access available and the player rolled doubles for skill roll.

That would reduce the regular skill picks. Would Wrestle and Side Step proliferate? It would surely be a different game...

This would be terrible in my opinion. It would really hurt some teams more than others and would mean the Dwarf, Norse and Amazon rosters would need removing or a total rebuild.

Yes to Leader and Claw (mutations are crying out for traits), no to blodge and As an example, what's the problem with players getting dodge on a double? It makes for some interesting builds and is hardly overpowering overall.

Traits do need to comeback though.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Sadly, most pact teams end up being 1 Elf ball carrier and 10 - 12 Marauders >.<

Delfs are bloat.

11 marauders is the new black.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The main issue of CP roster for me is that they are the best roster for Min/Max destruction.

The roster is ideal for CPOMB spam, AG4 ball handler and that is all you need coupled with a min/max TV and have some box div special sauce thrown on top for flavor.

CP is the one team that I think you can make a case that the box div structure does drive the build and cause the main issues with CP.

All beastman chaos roster is a close second but they dont have the AG4 blodge ball handler on the roster which puts CP in the top spot IMO.

So back to the OP...adding more diversity on to the roster will not solve the issue. This is a coach issue as related to how they want to play the "game". The problem is that the answer is very clear. The majority of CP coaches prefer the CP cheese build over the TV bloated fluff build that the roster was designed for. So the real answer would be not to build in diversity but address the TV and skill costs/restricted access to certain skills.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and PAct are totally broken in CRP. Just look at the retarded low TV box teams, including my own useless version of such. The best example was blader's abomination of a pony team (Kill All Your Heroes?)

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

6338 GSMP 50k ... I think somebody's pencil slipped to be honest.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten wrote:
I would change marauders by +10k, the three big guys by -20k, and remove strength access from marauders. IMO that would put the roster closer to what is on paper, and I think it would lead to more interesting builds.

Like that really makes any sense at all.

Beastmen the same cost but also have horns and S access? Pact would be awful. 3 big guys is probably worse than 1 and 4 warriors.

If you want to turn them into a pile of dung, though, it's a great idea.

Why are you comparing them to players on a different team?
How does that make any sense at all?
If a Goblin/Lizard/Halfling team could hire a Beastman or Dark Elf Lineman, should they only pay 60 and 70k respectively? Because I think most coaches would pay DOUBLE that to get them.

And more to the point–– Marauders already have S access. The trade would simply be Horns for P access.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
If you haven't got a constructive suggestion, then don't bother replying.

Don't be so sensitive. I gave a perfectly logical explanation of why it was a terrible idea. How about rebutting that instead of failing your wild animal roll?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Oh, and PAct are totally broken in CRP. Just look at the retarded low TV box teams, including my own useless version of such. The best example was blader's abomination of a pony team (Kill All Your Heroes?)

In the box yes but how do they do against the big teams? Wizard is cool but do inducements really make up the difference?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact can be as diverse and fun or as grossly abusive as you choose to make them.

(of course you can tell by their respective records how well that works)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

cameronhawkins wrote:
And more to the point–– Marauders already have S access. The trade would simply be Horns for P access.

It's tough debating anything with people who can't read. Perhaps you should review Kryten's suggestion then get back to us.

As for comparisons; that's what you call balance.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Pact can be as diverse and fun or as grossly abusive as you choose to make them.

What you're pointing out, though, is a flaw in blackbox moreso than anything else.

The matchmaker should take into account games played as well as TV. Matching a 1100TV team with a 50 match record against one with a 2 match record is a joke.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 19:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

That was more or less the point of my proposed change, I think that cheaper big guys encourages a coach to include them on the team, instead of disregarding them.
 Jump to: