30 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Anzelak wrote:
Okay, if a certain idiot wanted to swap the team they've entered for another rookie team (Skinks for Nurgle), could said idiot do that in any particular way?

I can give you the boot so you can re-apply. Let me know.

Edit: see below.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %27, %2013 - %05:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
110 entries and counting... Shocked

Wow! You sure have a lot of logos to make Whatball!

You are making every team a logo aren't you...? Wink

Lol, no, but I saw yours the other day and thought it needed some love. Smile Maybe when I have time.

Entries are piling up. Tournament organizers have no idea where they are going to play all the matches.
johnalex

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So, when is it starting? Shouldn't it already be up?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluffy Balls of Teeth, led by Legendary Fluffy himself, will offer to have any matches played within their kennels. The kennels are easily big enough for 22 stunty players, although they'll have to leave all the big guys outside. The 22 players will, unfortunately be packed in so tightly they won't be able to move, but the Fluffy Balls of Teeth have thought of the answer! The squigs will simply feed on the players until few enough remain that they can move.

The squig herders are already offering to paint lines during the Fluffy Balls of Teeth next match, while the squigs are preoccupied with snacks from the pitch.

With 9 kennels, and the feeding speed of the average squig on Fluffy Balls of teeth, 55 games should be able to played within 15 minutes at this location. At this point, with only big guys left in the entire tournament, a winner can be declared purely on the basis of which big guy manages to FIND the final pitch location.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

be forewarned...

if we go over 128 applicants, there is no guarantee that we will be able to add everyone to the tourney...up to 128 is easily doable, and has already been allocated for..over that, it becomes an issue until the next threshold, which is roughly 192....

while i'd love to have everyone possible in the bracket, it may not be feasible to do it, due to having to add a considerable amount of fillers to balance the brackets out...

anyone deciding to "swap" teams does so at their own risk, and potentially risks not making the cut...

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Anzelak wrote:
Okay, if a certain idiot wanted to swap the team they've entered for another rookie team (Skinks for Nurgle), could said idiot do that in any particular way?

As Shadow said, I suggest it best to hold onto the ticket you have.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

one note:

i have to head out of town to a client's office today, and while i expect to be back before the midnight deadline tonight, things happen...

if i am behind, the draw will be done ASAP when i get back in...which should still be before, or shortly after...

--j

ImageImage
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
one note:

i have to head out of town to a client's office today, and while i expect to be back before the midnight deadline tonight, things happen...

if i am behind, the draw will be done ASAP when i get back in...which should still be before, or shortly after...

--j

I appreciate the heads up on disapointment....it is not so crushing if I know it is coming.

Surprised

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

We're at 139 entrants! Shocked

As Shadow said, the tournament organizers planned for a max of 128, so it may get cut off at that point, but, if there is an overwhelming flood of entrants the organizers could be convinced (bribed) to expand the scope of the tournament. Time is running out...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState, as Milford's manager, is there any truth to the rumour that the Exploding Cup has secured the services of the legendary Milford and he is heading there as soon as the Warpstone Open finals is over? I even heard Milford bandied the idea of skipping the final match entirely to catch the seeding draft.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I appreciate the heads up on disapointment....it is not so crushing if I know it is coming.

Surprised

i figured with as many official tournaments that you've been in, you'd be used to disappointment Twisted Evil

--j

ImageImage
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

fyi: updates and live draw will be held in #fumbblstunty

ImageImage
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
PainState wrote:

Surprised

i figured with as many official tournaments that you've been in, you'd be used to disappointment Twisted Evil

--j

Shocked

So good to have shadow back.

__Synn
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Anzelak wrote:

As Shadow said, I suggest it best to hold onto the ticket you have.

Thanks for not giving me the boot so that I got a place!

Even if I had seen these posts (which I hadn't in time because of my ludicrous work schedule) I would have followed shadow's advice and carried on my ticket as is.

Thanks very much for your help anyway Very Happy.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Big update!

The tournament is drawn!

A few notes of interest:

We had 155 applicants, which broke down to 12 brackets of 12 and 1 bracket of 11.
While creating the brackets, an issue arose.

In creating bracket 6, teams were chosen, and kicked from the group(which is standard practice when creating a tournament). Unfortunately, the teams did not process properly, and they were kicked without being properly added into the bracket.

All 155 teams that applied into the qualifiers were accepted, and placed into brackets. If you are one of the 12 teams that does not have a scheduled match, please message me ASAP, and I will try to rectify the problem.

Unfortunately, I need to hear from quite a few of you to be able to get you into the tournament. I do not know which teams were chosen, as it was a random draw, but if I can 6 teams at least, I'll start the bracket, but only the top team will advance to the finals. There will be no second chance for second place. If I can get all of the teams in, then the second chance option will be available.

Going further.

The draw is *SWISS*. This means that you will be guaranteed 4 rounds of play against various opponents in your bracket. As the Swiss bracket will not advance unless all matches are completed, there are no extensions for this tournament. Bracket 6 will be the exception until further notice, for obvious reasons.

For the finals, the winner of each qualifier will automatically advance to the finals. Additionally, this will leave a few spots open for random lottery winners. The final 3-4 spots(depending on what happens with Group 6) will be randomly drawn from the second place teams in the qualifiers. To be eligible, you must apply to the finals group.

All winners of the qualifiers must apply to the finals.

The swiss qualifiers will last for 4 weeks, and there will be a one week layover until the finals start, which will be on April 3rd(if I'm doing my math right).

Lastly, a few new tournament options were enabled by Christer over the weekend. I have been informed that they may, or may not, work, but I'm enabling one of them for the tournament. With that in mind, we have received a brand new shipment of spiked footballs. Any failed pickup or catch will result in being stabbed.

Currently, I am getting a few reports that they are not working just yet, so I'll be in touch with Christer to see what needs to happen. Be aware, if it does not work for your game, please continue playing as normal. Your match should not be affected otherwise. Also, be aware, that the functionality may start randomly and without warning. You have been warned Wink.

Please note: since these are brand new functions, there is NO guarantee they will actually work. Please send me feedback if you notice any quirky issues, as we'd like to make sure we get any issues ironed out.

Please keep me posted on any and all issues. This one has been one huge ball of randomness, with some weird issues coming up, but I'm glad to see such a huge turnout, and I'm going to try and do what I can to do right by as many as possible.

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: