33 coaches online • Server time: 09:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anzelak

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Spiked footballs? For God's sake. I've only just signed contracts and sent the lawyers out of my damned office. The health and safety elf is going to start blowing smoke out of his ears.

The skinks are already grumbling because the raptors are mocking them (it's okay for the dinosaurs; they've only got tiny arms and can't handle a ball). Captain Crab Stab, the adept, has walked out. He didn't even take his trusty stabber. Four other skinks are MIA at the pub.

The game's scheduled for Sunday.

This is a bloody nightmare.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

yay! thank god for the fact that i have 38 million web browser tabs open...

i happened to have a cached page with the applicant list, so i was able to rebuild the 11 teams that were left out of the draw...

bracket #6 has been started, and they have one filler...since the bracket is complete, first place will advance to the finals, and second place is eligible for one of the 3 remaining brackets...

good luck to everyone!

--j

ImageImage
Nekosama

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Thanks for all the work shadow. Meow.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2013 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Shadow, I appreciate the effort to run these things.

155 teams = AWESOME!
Jabberwocky

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2013 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
[...] With that in mind, we have received a brand new shipment of spiked footballs. Any failed pickup or catch will result in being stabbed. [...] Please send me feedback if you notice any quirky issues, as we'd like to make sure we get any issues ironed out. [...]

This might be worth noting: During the game between gudamor and myself (after the second block of turn 6/6, 1st half), a Snotling got knocked over and sidestepped onto the ball. He went down and the ball subsequently scattered through the hands of a Nurgling, a Plaguebearer and through those of a Putrifier. All three failed their catch rolls, but only the "last in line" was stabbed.

Certainly not a gamebreaking issue or anything, but it might be nice to know. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2013 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Group VI first through the first round! \o/

Enjoyed getting back into stunty, even if the icons threw me for the first ten or so minutes!

Moar... MOAR!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2013 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 is done, with only a handful of unplayed matches, and holy hell, a lot of bodies piling up.

I just wanted to remind everyone that this is a Major Official FUMBBL Tournament, and all rules do apply. So please keep me in the loop if you have problems getting your match played.

Other than that, keep up the great matches Smile

--j

ImageImage
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
The second-chance will be drawn as follows:

Idea for next Swiss tourney: Have a lottery to give a few spots in the finals to "out of the race" teams with tickets earned by winning/scoring/maiming in the final 2 rounds. Something to encourage the bottom of the standings teams to keep giving it their all.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
The second-chance will be drawn as follows:

Idea for next Swiss tourney: Have a lottery to give a few spots in the finals to "out of the race" teams with tickets earned by winning/scoring/maiming in the final 2 rounds. Something to encourage the bottom of the standings teams to keep giving it their all.

+1

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Exploding Cup is my favourite thing so far on FUMBBL. Thanks to all involved Smile
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2013 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Love watching the matches!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2013 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How far do you have to take a team thru the post sequence for the next swiss round to begin? I.e., can you not yet have clicked 'ready'? Have unselected skills? (that would seem to be tricky as you'd have earned TV unassigned).

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2013 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I may be wrong, but I don't believe it has any connection, and TV is irrelevant. As soon as the result of the last game in the round is uploaded, the next round is generated.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2013 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to ready. Next round seeding is determined by win/loss/draw and +/-. Once your draw is determined you should ready of course.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2013 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooh. Watch out Division VIII Round 3! My lone skill will be selected to maximize my winning potential vs your team once I know who they are!

Tremble before the might of a one skill squig team!