17 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blitzwing

Post 10 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

although i am not gay i thought in order to celebrate gay pride week in Australia we should have a 'Gay Tournament' this weekend on fumbbl to celebrate

8 teams will be allowed in the tournament and the only rule is the the teams must be of an elf origin, preferably wood-elf. There are 7 spots available because I would like a slot for myself to compete.

Drawcard
First round - 8 teams randomly matched off
Second round - 4 teams should be remaining
Third round - 2 teams should be remaining - Grand Final
- if you lose you are eliminated, if there a draw number of CAS will decide the victor

1 - blitzwing - Pioneers
2 - Nevermind - team unknown?

Now there are no special rules except one must play an elf team. However if anyone can think of any rules that would be in character by all means post them on this thread!

This is just meant to be a quick fun kind of tournament which can be completed in a day, if that. All players are expected to keep the day more or less free. Once I get an idea of numbers I will make this tournament official and work out a suitable time

http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy/Jai_Rodriguez/

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %01, %2004 - %00:%Apr; edited 8 times in total
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

O_o

Post 21 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the focus of this topic has been corrupted now due to some of the comments that have been made. This forum was never intended to host a mud-slinging fight. All in all, to readjust the SIMPLE focus of this forum anyone interested in making numbers for this tournament please post your name. I of course will be one of them. thx

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %30, %2004 - %06:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I will join your tourney, nice to see people mixing political activism and bloodbowl.

Then again, I like to see people mixing political activism and almost anything.

I think an apology from blitzwing to those he put on the list should be sufficient to get this thread back on track. In a PM rather than in here though...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and speaking of right wing nut bars, let me introduce my team (not for this tourney obviously)

The Right Wing Nut Bars http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=21192
blitzwing

Post 10 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Message now redundant, greivance fixed

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %31, %2004 - %10:%Mar; edited 6 times in total
origami

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

"I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it."

-Voltaire
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Something has happened here....*ghuff* *ghuff* I can smell it...

I don't *ghuff* know what it is but it sure sound interesting *ghuff*
Uruki_TO

Post 9 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

[Edited out some unecessary comments. /Christer]

If you really have the intention to celebrate Gay Pride, then every team should be admitted: don't know why you pretend Orcs, Norses or Vampires can't be gay (there are very rough types who are gay), and you also forget Amazons as a lesbian team.

If you want to make a "Only Elf teams tournament" then... simply do so, and avoid sensitive subjects.

But that's only my oppinion, and may be am not right.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops... should read the thread from the BEGINNING to END...

I go to the closet and shame... Embarassed

Last edited by Flaymin on %b %30, %2004 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with Uruki_TO here, limiting teams on a tournament that (per onset) is set out to celebrate a minority should not be exclusive in any form. No matter in how questionable these "celebrations" are in their overall effect or good for the "Gay" movement, the mere fact that they are public and not exclusive and hidden should give some hints to the form of the tournament as well.

-Mnemon

This is a personal opinion. If I am forced to function as an admin I communicate in other ways.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 19:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

While this thread has been ruled to be allowed, it IS a sensitive subject and I have gone through it and removed some unecessary posts and comments. I urge you all to please keep it civil and refrain from arguing and namecalling. If you have no interest in this tournament, just don't post here.

We, the administrators, take freedom of speech very seriously and want to keep the censorship to an absolute minimum. This thread seems to be in good spirit even though the topic is touchy.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Its ok to be Gay!

As long as you have enormous tits and a fit arse! Long live lesbianism! May our muff loving cousins eat rug for years to come!

I nearly came out of the closet a few years back. Luckily for me the blond chewing my meat managed to keep it all down! Wink

Last edited by Renegade on %b %30, %2004 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm, since your only team is wood elves, and it's an open TR 100 team, do you expect rookie-elf teams from open to participate? If there are no such rules though, I'd gladly join with the Ashenvale Protectors!
Will you create a group for this tournament?
blitzwing

Post 6 Posted: Mar 31, 2004 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

better stick to new teams, I saw your team Mirascael lol it would make things a bit unfair I suppose 173/190 ouch, I know I wouldn't want to play them

I would also just like to quickly comment to Christer's attitude to this forum which has been sensible. The world take note, this is why Sweden is so much further ahead in the world then everyone else!

Last edited by blitzwing on %b %31, %2004 - %10:%Mar; edited 4 times in total
 Jump to: