42 coaches online • Server time: 15:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:

pps Coaches should be "encouraged" to donate 5 bucks to the site if they want to create a Cheater or Chaos Fling team Smile The effin things run rampant around here.

God, this is something I can get behind.

For a while I was playing stunty exclusively.
I still think it's the best division on the site....
... but I hardly play it at all, anymore. Why? Because I'm sick of wading though cesspools of Cflings and Cheaters teams.

Case in point–– for the EC, my 4 games were CFlings––Eshin--CFlings––CFlings... vs my own Eshin. Left me with such a sick taste in my mouth that I'm not sure I'll ever regain my original infatuation with the Leeg.

This project has such amazing potential. It is so liberated from the usual BB mire. It pains me to see it so bogged down by this particular type of bash team.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe every team should have a saw! Razz
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get why so many coaches play cflings or cheaters though, they aren't stronger than most rosters. And it seems to me that lately it's all about Squigs.
Perhaps Pygmys will be next month's fad?
member1234

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Saws, saws, Saws. They keep people heading to them, and both are two of the best rosters for new stunty coaches, and they're decent right out of the box without development. (I imagine that's why there were a lot of them in this tourney, more seasoned stunty coaches would have went for Forrest Gobbos I reckon if looking to win). Used cflings in the tourney myself, but just because I mostly play chaos teams and already had a nurgle team, would have loved a Slaaneshi option instead. Wink

I have to agree though, I was about to say I see a LOT of Squigs too, but then I guess it's one of the teams that can make High TV and that regularly will play developed Nurglings.

Still, that's all an aside, decent variety of aces in the main draw and hopefully some more stats to add to the pile when tweaking comes into mind.
Crook666

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently started a Chaos Flings team, though I don't like them very much. Spawns are unreliable, saws are removed from the pitch sooner or later and the 'Flings, well, they are 'Flings.

This said, this Exploding Cup achieved the goal of attract newcomers to [S], but in my opinion they'll remain what they are: newcomers. They wanted a good time and tried to win easy choosing the teams that seems better at start. I won't see these guys here after the Cup, and I don't mind. I'm quite annoyed of spectating matches in which they react to a bashing with the phrase "ehy, man, it's Stunty after all!", like Stunty was some kind of minor division. I am sad for Cameronhawkins decision instead, he was a good coach. Hope he'll think back and rejoin us in Stunty. Hopefully the next tourney will be for real Stunty coaches, and we'll have our own fun and blood.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

But CAS do occur more often in stunty......
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Race selection is a balancing act between 'fun' and 'good'.

Chaos flings and cheaters are both very very fun teams. It also helps that they are solid teams.

Compare to teams like Pygmies or Skinks. No matter how 'good' they are, they just aren't going to be fun given the casual nature of Stunty (as Crook666 alluded to above).

__Synn
baelnic

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I take umbrage with the phrase "real Stunty coaches". That's silly. The more the merrier.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to put in a point of caution; there is nothing wrong with a team being the best. Some teams being better than others is one of the central, brilliant tennants of BB. Many of the issues I've seen discussed at great length (to the extent I want to pull my eyes out) here over the last couple of years are to do with either nerfing teams / skills coming into LRB6 with limited data and gut feeling they were 'too good' (for instance Khemri), or not understanding if you nerf something / insert new skills to do the same thing, you upset other areas of the game, and you risk whatever is next best simply becoming the next target until BB is just Human Linemen (make your own conclusion there, not the time or place).

We have no real data yet, and even if FGs are the best at base TV, is that really an issue?

For my part, enjoyed Nurglings, huge but fun challenge. Played lots of different stuff, and can't really see the Chaos 'Fling thing; seem dicey and fragile to me. Fun. Wink
stej

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2013 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Loved the tourney, had great fun. Dissapointed by the dropout in my group which gave too many teams a free win. Ultimately, the game that couldnt be scheduled cost me oon the coin flip but all good none the less. Id hop nex time that there may be a better way of dealing with dropouts in the swiss format but I have no suggestions myself.

More stunty competitions please!
baelnic

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
We have no real data yet, and even if FGs are the best at base TV, is that really an issue?

It is if the next Exploding Cup is 175 Forest Goblin teams.

Your larger point stands, however. Low TV is just one piece of the puzzle, and there is a lot more information to gather (even at this TV) before changes should be made.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno, I enjoy playing with skinks & Pygmies. I try to be as agressive as possible with skinks, which is really fun. Sure, the other teams can (and will) do a ton of damage to you, but there's nothing more satisfying to me than to win a game wherein you got all beat up.
Pygmies are different, they're quite 'vanilla,' but certainly more than capable of shutting down all the crazy things which can be on the pitch, which can be quite fun too. (It does help that my Pygmies are blessed by Nuffle)

And same sentiment here: the more the merrier!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

baelnic wrote:
...before changes should be made.

'should'? I think that's badly phrased, at the least. How about before changes could be considered?

And I said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here. This is a much, much smaller sample than we had from the Necromiser. The statistics are way too skewed and irrelevant to be the sole (or even main) basis for any decision.
baelnic

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
baelnic wrote:
Low TV is just one piece of the puzzle, and there is a lot more information to gather (even at this TV) before changes should be made.

And I said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here. This is a much, much smaller sample than we had from the Necromiser. The statistics are way too skewed and irrelevant to be the sole (or even main) basis for any decision.

If you don't snip my quote you'll see we're in full agreement Smile
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2013 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Yes, absolutely; it was only the word 'should' I was in any way disagreeing with. My second paragraph was aimed at the thread in general.