24 coaches online • Server time: 01:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Podfrey

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Here in the UK we are seeing a few tournaments that 'reset' the team roster after each game, with the exception that you can pick one player and allocate them a skill (which stays with them for the rest of the tournament). Dead players don't stay dead, SI are ignorned, occasionally Star Players can be used (though often where this is the case they cost double) but remain with the team, etc.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to replicate this sort of game on FUMBBL (max 6 games with a team before they are retired). Of course this would involve allowing players to probably manually update their roster (add skills, resurect dead players, wipe off SI and anything else that leagues entail).
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 21:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

At some point, I'd like to be able to support this kind of tournament. However, it requires quite a bit of work to implement and I really don't have that kind of time at this point.

And for reference, the site would take care of most of the management. The resurrection style is already in place in the ladder division, so it's not impossible to do.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Geoff - feel the need for some practice? Check out the ladder league - thats a TR100 with resetting after every game.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad that this is already on your list 'to do' at some point. Only thing I would add to the 1st post is that after 6 (or whatever number of games is decided on) games, your team loses all skill gains instead of being retired...so you can use that team name in a future tourney (or whenever)..