33 coaches online • Server time: 13:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emeric

Post   Posted: May 08, 2013 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaaaah yeah !!
My first win of the season !!
2-0 versus goblins.

Well. That would be perfect if the blitz kick-off had not allowed the chainsaw to fell Roger for real (kill, apo kill). Isn't there any points for losing a tree with style Smile ?

Score update.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick update, this is the last week of the season so hurry up late comers,season will be terminated on Sunday 19 th May at midnight bb time !!

You need to finish your 10 th games, in ranked it seems that most of the challengers will do it but sadly in box there's only three teams with very few games, if you can't make it to 10 games, just try to do 5 at least then so we still can have a box winner this season -)

Highlights to Jarvis team Tree-Mendous Effort who with his tree fouling tactic have managed to score 74 pts after 9 matches and a 13 fouls with them in a single game ^^ That sneaky git "Chippy" Chuck Chestnut must have helped for sure, congratulations.

Scores updated
WoodPusher

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Team: Death from [B]ellow

Last edited by WoodPusher on %b %17, %2013 - %04:%May; edited 25 times in total
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 12:44
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Team:[Box] Of Flings

[list][*]smallkosp +3 Fouls -1 Loss [B] Total: +2

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

One little update concerning the few teams of the group who are in tournament, the rules of maximum 2 games facing the same races can be break since you got really no option to avoid it. Judge Zed have decided !!

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 15:35
FUMBBL Staff

Zed wrote:
really no option to avoid it. Judge Zed have decided !!

didnt realise these teams were forced into that tournement?

so the option to avoid it would have been to realise you have 3 games to play and they may be against the same race and therefore not enter.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2013 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Two teams entered the GLT tournament, and yet have DT games to play, including a potential winner for this season.

We did not want to penalize coaches ballsy enough to play flings in a major. We don't think Khor had any bad intention either. That's why we took this decision (and actually, the fact neither Zed nor me are in the competition anymore for the first place made it easier).

And to be honnest, we can't ask Khor to chose between Delirium Treemens and the GLT. I really couldn't ask him to deliberately lose his GLT game so he can finish his 10 DT games and eventually win this season.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2013 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

What does Blitz - Cas - Touchdown mean?
Zed

Post   Posted: May 15, 2013 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

it means that in 1 turn you blitz with the tree carrying the ball, do a casuality and score in the same move, woodpusher

Post   Posted: May 18, 2013 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember guys: you have until tomorrow midnight (bbtime) to play your 10 games. Good luck to those who can still win!

Post   Posted: May 19, 2013 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
Team:Tree-Mendous Effort

Total: +89

Grats, jarvis! Your win is deserved Wink
Zed

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 of Delirium Treemens is over !!

Dear Trees you can now stop running, passing and fouling for a while and it's about time to declare who are the fastest, swiftest and most vicious.

First the ultimate winner for both divisions is jarvis_pants, score: 89 pts, with the team Tree-Mendous Effort who went to the top position by his own way, with a fouling tree tactic without mercy, on 10 games he did stomp his opponents 58 times -) With a 13 fouls in a single match, and 2 times he did score with trees when nothing was left behind to pile on, Congratulations.

Top Ranked:
Gold: jarvis_pants 89 pts
Silver: Khor_Varik 86 pts
Bronze: Kam 62 pts

Now for the box side it's a little bit more grey since we've got only 5 teams who has played 1 game and none of them has actually play the 10 required to have a winner, still let's congratulate woodpusher, lorebass, jarvis_pants, Dalfort and myself for having at least tried the box trip.

Top Box:
Zed: 20 pts
Jarvis: 8 pts
woodpusher: 4 pts

Now for the special awards, the most anticipated one is ofc the best scoring tree for the 1st season and it goes without a doubt to Jim Morrison, 7 td, and 3 in a row in a single match.

The best fouler title for a tree goes to "Chippy" Chuck Chestnut

Since there were none interceptions or passes, those awards will wait for a taker.

We set the first mark at 19 td done by trees, hope we will be able to increase it season after season, congratulations and tks to all the members, see you around for season 2 in about 2 or 3 weeks, we are working about a refont of the scoring points so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to help us through.

Scores
Emeric

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

And i'm 6th with 12 points ! Yeepee !

Oh wait.

Minus 12. Damn.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2013 - 22:55
FUMBBL Staff

What a wacky 10 games that was. Havent played such counter productive bbowl before. Felt so strange to try and set up fouls NOT to break armour. Dodging players away from prone players and pushing opponents players up to prone players to get negative assists very weird lol.

My plan only backfired once when the ref spotted the fouls turn 1 and 2 leaving me 14 turns with no trees. Very Happy

Picking up the sneaky git tree helped ALOT and i never thought the day would come where i would take a bribe over a chef but it did!

Very nice to see my two trees at the top of the tree foul leader board http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=toplist&stat=fouls&status=active&division=1&race=48&position=2882 cant imagine they will be shifted from there any time soon. Razz

Well done to all that participated especially Khor_Varik 3 tree tds in one match is just insane and set a bar for my final game where i HAD to tree score which i hadnt built the team to be any good at. Really gave me appreciation for you guys that played this league the way it was meant to be played.

As for the future of the league i wouldn't like to see fouling nerfed (anyone who thinks its easy is welcome to give it a try) maybe just increase the score for tds a little... intercepts and passes ALOT the score for winning and tieing alot and losing maybe set at 0 (dont like to see regular players with negative scores Wink )

Anyway thanks for arranging the league Kam and Zed. It was a blast. And Cant wait for the next round.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2013 - 19:28
FUMBBL Staff

I see the points have changed! Shocked

Points awarded
1 pt Fouling with a tree
4 pt Casualty by a tree holding the ball
5 pt Game resulting in a tie
5 pt Fouling with a tree on the last turn, followed by a RIP
5 pt Blitz - Cas - Touchdown with a tree
8 pt Completion with a tree
10 pt Winning the game
15 pt Intercepting with a tree
20 pt Scoring with a tree
30 pt Killing a legend with a tree (not apo'ed, block or foul)
40 pt Larson with a tree
50 pt Perfect Larson with a tree
-1 pt Losing the game

Are these up for discussion? Shocked