34 coaches online • Server time: 03:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we need one dont we?!

My Northern tribe of elvish orcs (yeah it makes sense I tell ye!) managed to get by jimjo's hard fighting but outmatched UD in round one.
We celebrated the first major game win for the team with a tombstone, which gotta be a good sign right?
Even when 2 dead where orcs including our nice Kobar!

Any other nice dead players yet?

SL
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Altdorf Hammers are primed and ready to storm the Wheel of Chaos. Champions of Humanity, defenders of the Empire and slayers of all that is evil. They are stoked. Got their entry papers for the tourney, champions of Khorne.

The Hammers are hanging out in their locker room. Getting all their gear set and ready. Coach is barking out commands and getting the team ready. When all of a sudden a dark mist appears from under the doors. The room is filling with smoke. The Hammers try to get out but the doors are locked and barred. The windows cannot be opened.

An hour later the Hammers are all decked out. But that dont look like the Hammers. What is going on?

Next day the janitor opens up the locker room door. The Hammers are all laid out in a deep sleep. All they have on are their polka dot underwear and white athletic socks which go up to their knees.

WoC kicked off yesterday but the Hammers are laid out in their locker room. All their WoC entry papers stolen. Who took their spot in the tourney?

These guys did it and they were laughing and had a grand ole time doing it also. Stupid humans should have know better than to try to get into the WoC.

** Side note **

I was going to bring the Hammers to the WoC but at the last minute had a change of heart. I have played in every major with humans. This time I decided to give my Dark Elf experiment a run in a major. See if my whacky Dark Elf plans can work out in the pressure cooker of a major.

Defenders of Humanity are stunned. But do not worry. I will be right back at it with my humans in the next major.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
...Who took their spot in the tourney?

These guys did it and they were laughing and had a grand ole time doing it also. Stupid humans should have know better than to try to get into the WoC.

** Side note **

I was going to bring the Hammers to the WoC but at the last minute had a change of heart. I have played in every major with humans. This time I decided to give my Dark Elf experiment a run in a major. See if my whacky Dark Elf plans can work out in the pressure cooker of a major.

Defenders of Humanity are stunned. But do not worry. I will be right back at it with my humans in the next major.

So I'm not the only one to show up with some delfs instead of our beloved humans! Embarassed

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2013 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried with my heros. Whipped by a very solid vamp team this morning. Just didn't have the dice or the stones.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It was an ugly match. I think Nuffle wanted to see the Hammers, frankly.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

One of my predictions failed, I won the first round.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2013 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

I agree. I will never make that mistake again. Bring darkies to a human fight. That was just dumb on my part.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2013 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it a bit late for this? Maybe, maybe not...

Since the R1 stuff is out of the way and the fields narrowed a bit, I'll take a moment to predict the quals from here on out...

Favored of Khorne - Cheesedorfs

Champion of Khorne - Stinky Evil

Favored of Tzeentch - SeƱores de los Chupetes

Champion of Tzeentch - Green Rage

Favored of Nurgle - Screwing zons

Champion of Nurgle - Killing in the BOX

Favored of Slaanesh - Black Tarot

Champion of Tzeentch - Wu Rang Clan

Half the teams (plus a few) already eliminated. Get in while there's still some challenge to this!

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2013 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
maysrill wrote:

I agree. I will never make that mistake again. Bring darkies to a human fight. That was just dumb on my part.

You are excused ... I know from a very reliable source (that is, I just made it up Razz) that the Hammer's head coach actually allowed the darkies to steal the apllication to avoid the risk of the dark powers corrupting them with some weird mutation Laughing
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2013 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I really have to go with the underdog Kaeru Killers to win Champion of Khorne- because it's my Slann team. And because a frog with horns is worth fighting for.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2013 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow what a comeback! Very Happy
-Green Rage- was down and out but their team mascot had different ideas!
With 5 guys on field in the end the goblin took us to OT where we won on cointoss!
The game of Took II
The bonedrag0ns fans just shake their heads in shocked silence. What the -beep- just happened???

Never give up never surrender! Wink

Now lets see what orcs ca do with inducements...

SL
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2013 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:

Thanks for the endorsement, but I wouldn't pick myself!

Either malitrius' nasty nurglies or Synn's orcs would be my pick.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2013 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
maysrill wrote:

Thanks for the endorsement, but I wouldn't pick myself!

Either malitrius' nasty nurglies or Synn's orcs would be my pick.

Well, more so than in most majors predictions, I took team record into account. The theory being that a tournament is not as different from everyday Box activity as it is in Ranked. If the teams and coaches didn't point to an apparent winner, I looked to team records more than I normally would.

SvenS

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In the game of the mangled up old school bashers , nuffle and Tzentch sided with my -Green Rage- orcs.

Now to try my luck at clawpomb recovery before the main event?? Very Happy

SL
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 09, 2013 - 00:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

WoC Finals now drawn.

Good luck to all coaches involved.

Jump to: