54 coaches online • Server time: 20:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: May 01, 2013 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to believe this has been mentioned before (did a couple Searches, didn't find anything on first few pages), so just add a "+1 please" to the existing list.

But...

It would be really nice if the available Tourney formats could be tweaked to fit the needs of individual Tourneys/Leagues.

Specifically...
    o to be able to change the formula to determine seeding and/or which teams play which next, or for a commisioner/governing body to hand-pick the match-ups.

o Sim, set up diff "points" for determining the leader of a league or Seeding value. More than the current W/T/L + Cas + TD stuff. (Even if just a hand-entered value, the simple ability to do it.)

o Allow for teams to replay each other in a Swiss(-ish) tourney, if that's what's desired and/or dictated by the "points" system chosen.*

o Allow for X rounds of seeding before an elimination tourney starts, with the two blended together.

o Allow for double-elim tourneys (which require adding new teams to the "Lost Once" bracket as the overall tourney progresses).

o Allow for a true "King of the Hill" format - teams keep playing non-stop, with the best playing the best. (See comment #1 to determine "the best".)**

o Other existing variables to be commissioner-selectable.

If something like this is possible, that'd be great. Might be wishing for too much, but that'd be nothing unusual in the "Ideas" subforum, thx.

(* While not impossible, the current Swiss system fights this afaiu.)
(** Personally, I don't know how anyone got KotH out of that format - it's a blind knockout is all. KotH doesn't end, that's the whole idea - "the best" teams climb the hill, the worst fall to the bottom, and are matched to other teams with similar records. Not uncommon for the same 3-4 teams to keep seeing each other at the top- and bottom-rung.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 02, 2013 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the Omerta leauge (I know, I forgot my accent, I'M SORRY), we have a completely customized scoring system. We do it all manually by hand, simply by using tables, and entering it ourselves. As long as you have someone willing to do it, it works out quite well.
Smeat

Post   Posted: May 03, 2013 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's always an option, but depending on the size of the league it can get burdensome quickly.

Also, having an automated "ladder" on a single, permanent page is so nice, better than herding cats by forum post and mass PM.

Just thought I'd ask.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: