91 coaches online • Server time: 22:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ganabul

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's boring to spec.

Not played a full c-pomb team since I started looking around the site again, after a long break beginning, more or less, before the sitewide adoption of CRB. Hardly playing seriously, but I've specc'd a few matches.

3 or 4 clumps of cpombers slugging it out in the middle of the pitch is dull to watch.

So, no, not everyone's complaint.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ganabul wrote:
It's boring to spec.

you're having a laugh right?

ClawPOMB games get more specs than any other game outside of majors/smacks/BBB games. You may find it boring to spec, but I can assure you that many specs don't find it boring. So you sir are in a minority Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ClawPOMB teams get specs because they are usually unpleasant to play against, and because many coaches who use them are widely reviled. No one wants to miss a chance to be there when they get their arse kicked and tilt.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, it is a very stupid skills combo that has entirely changed the dynamics of the game.

it makes - on the whole - BB much less tactical and much more boring and dice dependant.

we hates it, precious.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I will be happy when claw, mb and PO don't stack if the next rules revision I have seen ever goes through. till then I'll just play ranked and avoid the teams that can build it for the most part.
Ganabul

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite. I was answering JF's claim. I find Cpomb dull to watch, a statement independent of my own pixels.

What I've noticed is it's c-pomb vs c-pomb that gets the specs; if it's one of those games against a non cpomb player outside of a major, IME specs start to leave after half time.

Based on what I've seen in chat, what people want from c-pomb vs c-pomb games is dead c-pombers. The actual game is pretty irrelevant. A ringing endorsement for the skill set, I'm sure.

Last edited by Ganabul on %b %29, %2013 - %18:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Calcium wrote:
radge wrote:
I'm sorry for my incoherent ramblings. I hope at least some of it made sense.

Yours,
radge

It made perfect sense, but allow me to shorten it for you.

WAAHHHHHH....MY PIXELS ALL DIE.....WAAHHHHHHHH....
I PLAY BLOOD BOWL BUT HATE THE BLOOD.....WAAHHHHHHHH

There. Sorted.

LOL yup this sums up the attitude of basically everyone who has ever complained about c-pomb!

Nice effort guys but I still don't think we can beat Cyanide's 500+ pages. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Ganabul wrote:
It's boring to spec.

you're having a laugh right?

ClawPOMB games get more specs than any other game outside of majors/smacks/BBB games. You may find it boring to spec, but I can assure you that many specs don't find it boring. So you sir are in a minority Smile

You think they're attracted to the ClawPOMB?
perhaps, who knows. But
I think they're picking the highest TV game on their screen... This will often be ClawPOMB-ish
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: At what point does the 'one thread' become rubbish and self repeating enough to deserve locking?

I like a good entertaining waa fest as much as the next guy, but the shark has long since been jumped on this. Is there any witty, new trolling available?

Not sure I support this manner of focussing lameness. Not sure good can come of it.
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

radge wrote:

One solution would be to put all the clawpomber teams in their own division.

They are. It's called 'Blackbox'. Anyone complaining clearly missed the memo Smile

__Synn
Muktar

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

cpomb is easy to fix in the box... Allow only BB concession rules. Nothing more, nothing less. Will this lead to cherry picking? Maybe. At the same time if they wish to get more than 10 SPP from an opponent, they will stop being dbags. As been proven the cpomb teams don't win championships, that often. They keep their TV level low to farm building teams... ie they grief.
birdbanger

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

"one legend ten rookies"

Just gang foul it. End of the problem.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I FOUND HIM!

THE GUY CAUSING ALL THE TROUBLE

licker

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:
cpomb is easy to fix in the box... Allow only BB concession rules. Nothing more, nothing less. Will this lead to cherry picking? Maybe. At the same time if they wish to get more than 10 SPP from an opponent, they will stop being dbags. As been proven the cpomb teams don't win championships, that often. They keep their TV level low to farm building teams... ie they grief.

Well...

Switching to BB concession rules means what exactly? I think you need to address the site policy on when concessions are allowed and when they are not.

I think it's far too slippery of a slope to just have people conceding right after the kick off because they don't like the matchup, no matter how bad the matchup may be.

This whole topic has gone round and round so many times anyway...

It's not bad to bring it up now and then though, while the vets may despair of it, new players getting the rough introduction to Box are certainly well within their rights to pose a reasonable question about it.

After that, it's up to the various vets on whatever side of the coin they are on to show some restraint rather than just fan the flames every time.

Maybe the mods should try that track instead of this one...

You know, speaking as someone who's used to being spoken to Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Muktar wrote:

But this means you gain 40 SPPs an hour + all the cash you can carry.

That's an even better incentive to use CPOMB than we have now. Ever played Cyanide?

Jump to: