60 coaches online • Server time: 18:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Please please please! Very Happy
Somebody has to make a team to chase off the Necros holding 10 million. Implement this and I'll make a new Pact team to lead the race Smile
the.tok

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
I FOUND HIM!

THE GUY CAUSING ALL THE TROUBLE

Laughing

let's burn him Twisted Evil
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I question the value of anything Cyanide thought up...

Oh, come on now. You have to admit the Daemons of Khorne team was an awesome idea! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
I FOUND HIM!

THIS NEED MOAR QUOTES!!

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
huff

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

CPOMB Minmax sucks... there.. i said it.

Finally somewhere i can voice my opinion.

I feel better.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
I FOUND HIM!

And I hired him! Helena High
huff

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BAJones wrote:

is this allowed ?

cos it certainly wasnt fun playing them

Basically sums it up. It is allowed by the rules but not allowed by decentcy.

Although it is a game that only us keep alive they dont have any regard for enjoying the game with you. The type of player that would much rather clear the pitch and win 3-0 than have a nail-biter that is decided on T16 with the last die roll.

I know just what they are going through, I like to beat my wife and children because it is fun for me and perfectly within the rules (Laws) of where i live, i dont care if they get fun out of it or not. Is it right? No. But i have fun.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
I like to beat my wife and children because it is fun for me and perfectly within the rules (Laws) of where i live, i dont care if they get fun out of it or not. Is it right? No. But i have fun.

Where the hell do you live? And more importantly....RLY?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Calcium wrote:
radge wrote:
I'm sorry for my incoherent ramblings. I hope at least some of it made sense.

Yours,
radge

It made perfect sense, but allow me to shorten it for you.

WAAHHHHHH....MY PIXELS ALL DIE.....WAAHHHHHHHH....
I PLAY BLOOD BOWL BUT HATE THE BLOOD.....WAAHHHHHHHH

There. Sorted.

LOL yup this sums up the attitude of basically everyone who has ever complained about c-pomb!

This generalisation is as valid as the one that every cpomb player is an unemployed overweight 40 year old balding virgin living in their mother's basement with one hand on the keyboard and one hand in their pants. (Just to be clear, this characterisation is likely to be untrue).

I play humans in the box, and last time I checked 37% of my games were against Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Pact and Nurgle. Not all teams I've played of these races are cpomb builds, however the vast majority are.

The repetition of playing against essentially the same team every third game gets boring, and is why I dislike cpomb (aka the death of imagination). It's especially disheartening when the mutation access of these rosters theoretically allows much more diversity in builds than the majority of other races.
huff

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
huff wrote:
I like to beat my wife and children because it is fun for me and perfectly within the rules (Laws) of where i live, i dont care if they get fun out of it or not. Is it right? No. But i have fun.

In a galaxy, far, far away. And yes really. When I'm not doing the above mentioned I frequently lure small children into the hull of my spaceship with promises of candy, only travel into other uncharted territory. Is it fun for them? Prolly not. But who cares about there fun, it is my game.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
Calcium wrote:
huff wrote:

In a galaxy, far, far away. And yes really. When I'm not doing the above mentioned I frequently lure small children into the hull of my spaceship with promises of candy, only travel into other uncharted territory. Is it fun for them? Prolly not. But who cares about there fun, it is my game.

There is a line when it comes to banter, and you just flew straight pass it.......

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So when a thread starts with something benign, like "hey guys... which skill should I take for my human catcher?"... the thread turns into CLAWPOMB.

When the thread starts with "CLAWPOMB Sucks", we quickly get wife beating and kiddie abduction.

I personally can't wait to see where this thread goes now. Anything short of white slavery will leave me disappointed.

Brilliant Harvestmouse! Very Happy

__Synn
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Huff, that's totally the same as killing some mens in a board/pc game.
What really offends me is snooker players playing safety instead of just going for pots all the time - that's no fun for their opponent!
Boxers keeping their guard up and trying to dodge punches is pathetic - that's no fun for their opponent!
It's disgusting when NFL teams take a knee to run out the clock - that's no fun for their opponents!

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:

There is a line when it comes to banter, and you just flew straight pass it.......

You are right. Prolly a bit excessive and over the top, much like the current environment, but it gets the point across.
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Yeah Huff, that's totally the same as killing some mens in a board/pc game.
What really offends me is snooker players playing safety instead of just going for pots all the time - that's no fun for their opponent!
Boxers keeping their guard up and trying to dodge punches is pathetic - that's no fun for their opponent!
It's disgusting when NFL teams take a knee to run out the clock - that's no fun for their opponents!

Actually it is totally the same.

As far as the mentality of the individual doing it goes. Of course not as far as equating the 'moral outrage' over the actions.

Your other comparisons don't make any sense either, but since you seem oblivious to the basic point let's not bother hashing that out.

Anyway, I hope you understand that the basic complaint isn't so much about cpomb as it is about those ridiculous min/maxed cpomb teams which exist to simply beat 1000tv rookie teams.

I don't worry about playing with or against CPOMB, it is what it is. I only worry when someone seems to be gaming the match making system. Would be the same for those pathetic Zon teams as well, but well, this isn't a thread about min/maxed zon teams Wink
 Jump to: