32 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Discussion on irc led me to the following suggestion (prices to be same as corresponding pact/UW players):

Mino S MGAP
Ogre SM GAP
Troll SM GAP

Marauder GM SAP
0-2 Skaven Thrower GMP SA (thanks Rat_Salat for this suggestion)
0-2 Dark elf lineman GAM SP
0-2 Goblin AM GSP

Discuss!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a bit more like Underworld, but more stable on the one hand because it has real linemen instead of all gobbos, but less reliable bash because big guys replace the stormvermin.

People could still choose to play it with no goblin and only 1 thrower, but I think they will always be big guy focused with this roster, as pact should be.

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %24, %2013 - %00:%May; edited 1 time in total
krytie

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff on: The whole idea of any "chaos" roster which may consist of 11 identical guys is just beyond bizarre to me... :fluff off

I always thought pact would be fine if the "lino" role was split into small specific groups. Keep the whole roster as is except --

0-12 Marauder GSMP A

becomes

0-4 Meh G SPAM +
0-4 Bleh S GAMP +
0-4 Urgh M GASP

That should sort it out a bit. They can still have 4 POMBs easily and even a few CPOMB but less potentials means less actuals and enforces at least a bit of diversity.

If design rules require at least one 0-12 position, then it would go to the Urgh role 0-12 M GASP (!)

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it! Especially the part where your players are either double GASP or double SPAM.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

krytie wrote:

0-4 Bleh S GAMP
They can still have 4 POMBs easily and even a few CPOMB but less potentials means less actuals and enforces at least a bit of diversity.

Yeah, and the fact that the clawpombers then wouldn't get block and tackle on normals would help as well. =)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is basically a modern take on The Chaos Allstars from 2nd Ed. I'd prefer they kept the feel and had slight tailoring (as that's all they need really), rather than pure mechanic gamers having a stab at things.
huff

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Idk what the designers were thinking with not having regular mutation access on the bigs. Not sure if this would help the team all that much, just my take on it. Same thing with the Beast, no mutation access?
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Why no Mutations on the Mino?!

The original idea on linos is better than a group that only gets mutations... that would be horrid. Maybe GM, GA, GS
krytie

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
Why no Mutations on the Mino?!

The original idea on linos is better than a group that only gets mutations... that would be horrid. Maybe GM, GA, GS

Bear in mind i'm still saying you can have 0-1 Rat, 0-1 Gob, 0-1 Delf, 0-1 Mino, 0-1 Troll and 0-1 Ogre.
Added to 0-4 [S]Blitzer-types and 0-4 [G] lino-types i feel 0-4 freaks is not so harsh. Smile

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I like 'em the way they are. So many ways to build them if you're feeling creative. Maybe 60k Marauders and 60k TRRs. Or maybe that's just an argument for leaving the roster as is and changing the way player TV add is calculated... one can of worms for another?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What HM said.

The bigs on the Chaos All Stars from 2nd Ed. didn't have any mutations so I've never questioned why they are only allowed on doubles. In fact I've taken it away from the ogre as there was no way Morg was letting anyone or anything mutate him Exclamation I basically left mutation access on doubles on players that are allowed it throughout the other rosters.

Edit: Swayed by Sage & went M access on Goblin/Troll seems fitting really.

Using the miniatures from Phil Lewis's Original Chaos All Stars, in WD114, as a reference I've come up w/ this roster:

0-1 Chaos Ogre- 5/5/2/9 Bone Head, Loner, Mighty Blow, Thick skull, Throw Team Mate, S/ GAP 140k
0-1 Chaos Troll- 4/5/1/9 Really Stupid, Loner, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry, Mighty Blow, Regeneration,
SM/ GAP 110k
0-1 Chaos Minotaur- 5/5/2/8 Wild Animal, Loner, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick skull, S/ GAPM 150k

0-1 Skaven Renegade- 7/3/3/7 Animosity, Two Heads, G/APSM 60k
0-1 Dark Elf Renegade- 6/3/4/8 Animosity, GA/PS 70k
0-1 Goblin Renegade- 6/2/3/7 Animostiy, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, AM/GPS 40k

0-2 Thrower 6/3/3/8 GP/AS 60k
0-2 Blocker 6/3/3/8 Block, GS/AP 70k

0-4 Mutant- 6/3/3/8 Foul Appearance, GM/APS 70k

0-12 Marauder- 6/3/3/8 G/APS 50k

RR-70k
Apo-Yes

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %24, %2013 - %23:%May; edited 8 times in total
Acheron143

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like nightbird's thoughts, however I always felt that a skill plus the 6/3/3/8 line was 70k?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Block yes, Pass no. I think it's okay.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, took pass away from the thrower & upped the cost 10k on mutants. Better?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2013 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pact are not the problem. Clawpomb and TV matching is the problem.

Jump to: