48 coaches online • Server time: 17:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just starting to try to customize my roster and I was a bit disapointed to find that images are so limited in size. It would be nice if we could use remote images. Instead of uploading, you let us specify the url to the image.

ie. http://www.myisp.com/uber/picture.jpg

I want to make kick ass logos for my team!
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with that is that now the images being downloaded by other peoples computers may not be limited in size.
While I do not download pics. I'm only on a crud modem. Others in a slightly better position probably don't want to be downloading 1MB pictures for each player.
Now I know I am overstating the problem but I think the limit on size is a very useful thing.
JanMattys

Post 14 Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think there's no point in making a 1024x768 3Mb logo for a team... More than that, how would the Java Bbowl Client load it and show it on the field? But 50x50 and 10.024 bytes is depressing... I'd like to have some cool logos, but I can't find a way to stay under the restrictions. Sad

To me, allowing URLs for the images would be great.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way: MANY have very cool pictures in their Team page... how can this be done??? I can't upload images that big and that detailed! Sad

One more thng: how do you add links to other teams, to games and to single players in your team bios or in your players bios? How do you add those html codes?

Maybe this is a very stupid thing to ask, but I'd really appreciate any help.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The limit is 10kb. Not 50*50. Even those big ones are not bigger than 10kb. You can do quite a lot by compressing the images propper.

-Mnemon
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There wont be possibility have remote team images on Fumbbl.
Reason for this is that then there is no control of what those pictures has in it.
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The team logo size limit is not really 50x50 pixels - if you look at the ones supplied in the client, you'll notice they are in the region of 200x200. The real limit is the file size, which you can accomodate using a compressed file format such as .jpg. Note that only .gifs can have transparent backgrounds (as far as I know).

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
which you can accomodate using a compressed file format such as .jpg. Note that only .gifs can have transparent backgrounds (as far as I know).

Compressed jpgs are fine but on team logos gifs are just great cause of transparency. You can lower the size of gif dramaticly by lowering the number of colours in them.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks eveybody. Anything about the links in your bios, guys?

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use basic HTML to create a link, like this:

<a href="http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=26677#26677">discussion</a>
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that the 10kb should be uped to 15-20kb the size is fine but a few morek should be allowed Razz
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

if the limit isnt 50x50, and theres only a limit on size, couldn't someone change the text that says the limit is 50x50, it might save some confusion
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, it does. Smile

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Now I have my teams' bios up and running, and I'll soon add some more. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone needs a hand with image compression/conversion, feel free to PM me or (even better) just ask in chat. Someone's bound to know how to help you out.

Jump to: