27 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Three teams from the Conference have performed giant-killing heroics and knocked out League teams in the cup thusfar. Looks like some of you pampered old fat cats need a little wake-up, non-league style!

Two more can still get through too. Look out for muddy pitches, filthy weather, and highly-paid divas floundering against some hungry low-tv tyros!

Comments on Impact of Changes to OBBA and [L]

One of the things I have noticed in the 30+ games I have played since I returned to FUMBBL is the huge impact Inducements make on the overall game balance. I think the impact of inducements is particularly noticable in League because it is the only enviroment where significant differences in team strength are common.

I have played a couple of games in anaother league with a team at half the strength of the opposition and won handsomely or drawn at worst.

My initial observation on low TV + inducements is that its great if you are a team with agility skills or AG4 as natural as the inducements are more likely to assist with the deficiencies in your team (i.e. shortage of player numbers or need to get players back into play) this is augmented by the fact that Journeymen are, more often the not, needed in Agility teams.

Where you are a bashy or low agility team and have inducements you seem to get less benefits when playing up. Options to have extra players are do not have quite teh same added value as you often have enough players and the skills are useful but not as game-changing to have. The other inducements usually centre around keeping players on the pitch and to be frank thats less of an issue for bashy teams.

I do like these aspects of the changes BUT I must say this is in the [L] environment where racial balance is controlled and we do not have a proliferation of CPOMB or minmax etc. Therefore I cant really comment on if the changes are positive overall to FUMBBL

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

killmaul vs Real sociedead kicking off now !
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
pythrr wrote:
Our first OBBA CUP 13 Quarterfinalist!

Congrats to FC Kaiserslaughtering!!!

Did they have as easy a game as when they slaughtered me? I've never had so many KOs in a game before.

Pretty much, the humans' armour outshined the orcs' and the wizard rolled a 1. Still though, missing some muscle for next game.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2012 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Leave it up to Real to do the business for the Big Guns!
rar!

I almost had a RIP'd Mummy... almost x)

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:

One of the things I have noticed in the 30+ games I have played since I returned to FUMBBL is the huge impact Inducements make on the overall game balance. I think the impact of inducements is particularly noticable in League because it is the only enviroment where significant differences in team strength are common [...]

A good topic and some interesting points made. My gut feeling is the same as yours, that ag4 teams benefit more from inducements. wizard/eldril both open up amazing possibilities for agility teams

obviously this season's obba cup has also seen some inducement-influenced victories too, but without wanting to summon voodoomike or dode to the discussion i believe the stats indicate that inducements do not 'equalise' things statistically, as higher tv still wins more often in such matchups

Speaking purely for Lizards, inducements open up one very nice possibility - silibili, who, with str4, block, guard and stand firm is one of the better stars in terms of bang for buck. With him on the pitch you likely have 8 str4+ players, and even without skills, that will be a pain for virtually any team to deal with. Not only that, it means 1 less skink for the opponent to hunt.

I think i'll have c. 500tv of inducements to play with versus Glassjaw Rangers. Silibili, wizard and something else makes me feel pretty happy with the matchup, i have to say.
Vampy

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2012 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Ghidra wrote:
Russo wrote:

One of the things I have noticed in the 30+ games I have played since I returned to FUMBBL is the huge impact Inducements make on the overall game balance. I think the impact of inducements is particularly noticable in League because it is the only enviroment where significant differences in team strength are common [...]

A good topic and some interesting points made. My gut feeling is the same as yours, that ag4 teams benefit more from inducements. wizard/eldril both open up amazing possibilities for agility teams

obviously this season's obba cup has also seen some inducement-influenced victories too, but without wanting to summon voodoomike or dode to the discussion i believe the stats indicate that inducements do not 'equalise' things statistically, as higher tv still wins more often in such matchups

Speaking purely for Lizards, inducements open up one very nice possibility - silibili, who, with str4, block, guard and stand firm is one of the better stars in terms of bang for buck. With him on the pitch you likely have 8 str4+ players, and even without skills, that will be a pain for virtually any team to deal with. Not only that, it means 1 less skink for the opponent to hunt.

I think i'll have c. 500tv of inducements to play with versus Glassjaw Rangers. Silibili, wizard and something else makes me feel pretty happy with the matchup, i have to say.

I'd be happy. Agility problems aside the Lizards with inducements are a nightmare. You have as many as 8 or 9 str 4+ players. That's horrendous to deal with for the vast majority of teams.

Throw in that idiot with a chainsaw thaat injures harmless little catchers and, well.... Cool
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that its never an even match-up with inducements but life is not like that so I am happy anyway. I find lizzies hard enough to play against at the best of times because the MA6 on STR4 and AV9 is just sooo difficult to cope with.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I find inducement upsets amusing.

That is until Dragons and his rats and millions of free gold beat me tonight...

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hahah pythrr got Maw'ed

Gratz to the Ratz

The might Banhammah became a Mighty Banana tonight Smile

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Not yet.... game later tonight.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
beat me tonight...

Speak English then. Tenses matter!

BiggieB is my idol
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

sheep molester.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, that's an inflection line, and works perfectly well both ways Russo... Learn English, and how to read peoples thoughts Very Happy. Also, I don't WANT to win... I don't even actually LIKE the cups... I despise getting drawn against these teams season after season... Prolly cause I'm awful at the game, but still...

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You can opt out of the cups you know!!

Anyway beat the Canadian benefits-scrounger.

he is over here for our benefits (our women are safe cos he is too ugly)

BiggieB is my idol
Royston

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait... ugly people don't get laid?! I've got no chance - I'm fat and ginger too!