34 coaches online • Server time: 09:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is teh sexiest OBBA star?
The Duke
49%
 49%  [ 26 ]
The Duke
50%
 50%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 53

pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfud, let's keep this in mind, and have a discussion at the end of the season.

I appreciate licker's point about not taking spots that new coaches might want, but we often end up with a few places that need filling to complete the conference, or with early dropouts (e.g. DukeT stepped in in Rd2 this year to help us out).

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Fill in teams are different from permanent teams.

If there are some 'retired' OBBA teams around who could be asked to step in for a half season here or there that's one thing, but I don't think that's what was being requested Smile
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2014 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

NEWSFLASH

Todays game of Hajduk vs. Watford at the Poljud end in loss of the home team by 2 TDs.

It seams that the infamous "Torcida" (Hajduk supporters) already had a bad feeling about the ref and strated with riots. Immedeatly after the beginning 2 of Hajduk's mercs were brutaly sorted out from the pitch.

Sincerly, the game was an one way track and Hajduk had no chance as they were outnumbered (CAS 1/5/0 vs 0/0/0) and outskilled (1920 CD vs 1510 HE, the wizard was used very fast and had an ok result). Alen Boksic started a blitz and smashed his head/hand/knee [almost everything] after an unprecise action. [Actually i have RR a BD/Push into DSkull, this he has already done at last game vs. Barmbek] All this happend in the first active round. At least the team doctor was able to recover Alen from a permanent, but he will miss the next game.
Unfortunatly he isn't the only one, who underperfomed and didn't fullfilled the expectations. Additionaly a row of expereanced players will miss the game vs. the Stangers.

[*]Dragan Holzer
[*]Zlatko Vujovic
[*]Sime Raundig
[*] and also the last two seasons TOP Passer AljoĊĦa Asanovic

At the moment it is quite unclear, if the team management will be able to bring a new player already vs. Glasgow.

Last edited by DeZigma on %b %19, %2014 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Reavers suck balls. That is all.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2014 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Reavers suck balls. That is all.

I thought everyone already knew that - Bath fans have been chanting it on the terraces for the past 12 seasons after all.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2014 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Interview by Johan Shark with Joe Bendik of the Toronto Fubar in OBBA MLS

(The interview is taking place on a set behind a tall desk. This interview was part of a bet between commentators Charlie Stilettoinya and Johan Shark. The audience cannot see below the waist of either Johan or Joe, but Joe can clearly see that Johan is in his boxers even though he is wearing a nice blazer, shirt and tie).

Johan: Hi Joe, thanks for joining me today. That was a great game your team played against the Columbus Death Crew.

Joe: Thanks Joe, we knew it was going to be a real battle out there. We both wanted the win and it just came down to who wanted it more. Some of the talking heads out there doubted us, but I think we changed some minds. Speaking of which, how's the breeze?

Johan: <blushes> Erm... it's Johan and I'm fine, thanks for asking. But it's an honor to have you here today, Joe. I know everyone is eager to hear about your amazing TD, but I'd like your help in setting the scene. Right after the kick-off, you had a chance to get a 3-die shot on the Crew zombie, Will Trappyou, but you deferred to your teammate Kyle Bekker and allowed him to make the 2-die hit. Then you blitzed up the field and hit Michael Parkhere, the Flesh Golem. What was the reason for this?

Joe: We wanted to set the tone early, find the biggest guy on the opposite side of the line and let him know we were stronger.

Johan: Interesting. So in the next turn, you nearly double skulled when you attacked Hector Merguez the werewolf. Did you get a little nervous?

Joe: Well I knew Hector didn't have the stones to try and block me head on, so when he got a little excited trying to hurt Dwayne and ended up right beside me I was in such a hurry to rip out his spine that I almost tripped over my bandages. Definitely a wasted opportunity to remove a key player from the pitch.

Johan: Amazing. In this same turn, your partner Chris Konopka had a 3-die shot on the Crew zombie, Yorick Clumsytree, but like you he deffered to teammate Gale Agbossoumonde, zombie, who took a 2-die shot and skulled out. Was Chris mad that he passed up the opportunity?

Joe: Chris is a thinker, had his eyes on Walker as a path to the big Italian golem hiding behind him. I think he was more upset that he didn't move a little quicker. Gale was pretty upset though, had a rough start to the game and had some choice words for Nuffle at the half. Do you think the pink boxers were a good choice today?

Johan: <blinks> Um..., ok so now its turn 4 and this is where everything comes together. Willtrapyou jumps up and gets a 1 die blitz on Jordan Hamilton, your team's ghoul ballcarrier. He lands the POW on the first try. What is your first thought before the ball starts bouncing, and what did you think right after you caught it.

Joe: I knew the zombie was going try something, but before I could finish him off that damn golem got up in my face again, before you know it the zombie's up and Jordie's down. It happened so fast that I didn't really see it, but there's no way a zombie's moving that fast, or taking down Jordie on his own without something strange going on. When he does go down, suddenly the ball's right there in front of me! No way I was going to catch it, but it got caught up in those loose bandages that almost tripped me up earlier and I was able to keep it from hitting the ground.

Johan: Very exciting, Joe. What did you think when Ben Sweatalot, Crew zombie, dodged free and blocked your path to the endzone?

Joe: I was happy he did, I'm not what you would really call agile, so dodging wasn't an option, him trying to block me let me blitz my way free. A zombie wasn't really much of a threat.

Johan: The fans were on the edge of their seats by now. In the next two turns, how much did your teammates help you in getting to the endzone? And what did you think about Hector Merguez's (werewolf) attempt to stop you when he made that crazy uphill blitz attempt (-2die, needed 2 gfis) and pushed you?

Joe: Johnny and Kyle were huge in clearing a path, all these guys move so much faster than I do. I knew that wolf was going to be a problem, they always are. I'll give him credit for a gutsy move but he left himself wide open and Kyle took him down hard.

Johan: So you really turned on the jets at this point. Did you feel you had to make those 2 gfis of your own right then, and were you nervous moving at that speed?

Joe: Once I start moving, it's kind of like a boulder rolling downhill.. I knew we were running out of time in the half and that they were just going to keep throwing themselves in my way. At that point it was either risk falling down or give the ball to one of the other guys, I may have been a little selfish but I could just taste my first TD.

Johan: In T7, right before you scored, what was going through your mind when teammate Jonathan Osario (ghoul) swooped in and knocked FG Michael Parkhere down, opening up your path to the endzone? And did you have any reservations about keeping up that blistering pace you were moving at?

Joe: That damn golem was a pain in the ass the entire half, so it was no surprise that he shows up one more time to try and stop me but Johnny came up big again, they were all working real hard to get me that score. With the team working so hard for me, I had to put in that extra effort to get into the endzone.

Johan: That's great, Joe. Let's talk a bit about the 2nd half. After the kick-off, Sweltering Heat settled onto the pitch. Did you or your teammates give any thought to how this would affect you?

Joe: We're dead Johan, the weather usually doesn't bother us all that much.

Johan: That's a good way to look at it. I'd like to ask about your defensive formation. You and partner Chris Konopka set up in the back row, behind even your ghouls and wights. What's your strategy in this formation?

Joe: Given the option half their team would gang up to take us out on the LOS, plus since we don't move so fast it's nice to be able to pick our spots before getting to tied up.

Johan: I bet the Crew didn't see that coming. So I noticed watching the film that both you and Chris engaged Flesh Golems Bernardo Armor and Michael Parkhere quite a lot this half. Was this part of your pre-game plan, or is this some kind of rivalry developing between the heavy guns of each team?

Joe: I'm pretty sure they did. We outclass them in every aspect of the game except for that damn wolf, if we can match strength with strength, especially since we are clearly stronger, it frees up our wights and ghouls to run circles around their zombies and get to the wolf.

Johan: Heh, the fans will be keen to see more of this type of play. Let's talk next about what I think was the turning point of the game. It seemed you and Chris got caught out of position a little, but the rest of the team was able to shift down to cover Hector Marguez's (wolf) break for the endzone. Then Jonathan makes a heroic blitz and knocks the ball loose, stunning Hector in the process. What were your thoughts at this moment?

Joe: Big play for Johnny, he really came through for us.

Johan: A few turns later, Jonathan manages to score when a Crew zombie fails a dodge and the rest of the Crew team gets caught flatfooted. At this moment, did you think your team had secured the win yet? And was Jonathan showboating a little when he ran along the goalline before punching it in?

Joe: Zombie's don't dodge so well, they tend to leave little pieces of themselves behind and end up having trouble staying on their feet. That whole score was classic Johnny, he deserved to showboat a little. If you watch it again you can tell he was looking at Hector the whole time, definitely sending a message. Johnny and the wolf went toe to toe and Johnny took him down, took the ball away from him and scored before Hector really figured out what happened.

Johan: In T7, we see another instance when you go after Michael and Chris goes after Bernardo. Was this a tactical decision or were you guys just trying to send a message?

Joe: We just don't like them very much.

Johan: What did you think about that feeble blitz attempt Emery Welshman (1 die blitz, skull reroll skull) threw at Hector Merguez (wolf), and do you think Hector's little dance on the goalline was in answer to Jonathan's previous score?

Joe: Emery did what he could, but it was late in the game and he didn't have much support. Not sure what that wolf was celebrating, Johnny was all about scoring the winning TD, Hector seemed to think that getting into the endzone when there was no hope of winning was something to celebrate. Just being an arrogant little puppy, kind of sad really.

Johan: The sweltering heat didn't affect anyone after Jonathan's score, but it kicked in with a vengeance on the final kick-off. Also, 2 of your teammates didn't come back from KOs for this last kickoff, including Mr. Welshman. Do you think the guys started celebrating too early or were you trying to rub the victory in the Crew's face just a little?

Joe: Game was in hand, and most of their team was to afraid to stand at the LOS so half the guys just went back to the room. I only went out hoping to break someone for more stats to go with my score.

Johan: This has been great, Joe, and I just have one final question. After everything both you and Jonathan Osorio did in today's match, why do you think the fans voted Dwayne De Rosario as the MVP? Did he do enough to deserve it, and were you happy for him?

Joe: Its not all about scoring touchdowns, Dwayne is a huge part of this team and works hard every game, I'm happy they picked him.

Johan: Thanks again for talking to us today, Joe, and best of luck to you and the Fubar the remainder of the season.

Joe: Thanks Johan, but please next time put some pants on.

(Johan just keeps smiling til the Cabal cameras turn off, then he rushes off the set muttering about getting even with Charlie and not underestimating Toronto again)

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Reaver vs Frogs

Pythrr plays game # 5000

rock it!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

When?

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

NOW!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on the win and the big 5000 Pyth.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Reaver beat wonder-leapy-frogs 2-1 in milestone game.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3553461

Pythrr's 5000th game on fumbbl, and the Reavers 167th game.

For those who like math(s), that means Reavers have played EXACTLY 1/30th of my games, which I think is a cool fact. I know this makes me very sad, but - as the kids today say - whatevas.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2014 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A most fun game vs the leapt Welsh frogs which could have gone either way, until the attrition rate got too high for the frogs (lots of KOs) and the orcs managed to muscle home a 2-1 win.

This was also....

Pythrr's 5000th game on fumbbl.

I would like to thank Christer, nuffle, my-ex wife (these two may be the same person...), all my wonderful League companions (esp. the OBBA crowd!), all the coaches I've played against over the years, the amazeballs client wizards, people who have put up with my whining, the Lammer Heretics ultras, spiro (for all the laffs), the admins (for not banning me as much as they might have), Chewie and Seraphimred (oi!) for starting OBBA and allowing me to steal it, my mum, err, and everyone else who make this site so fookin addictive.

Cheers,

Pyth.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats on 5000 and 1/30th, pythrr.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bravo!

Post 14 Posted: Apr 07, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats and thankies Pyth for making this side a better place Very Happy
 Jump to: